August 18, 2019, 06:04:11 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 444079 times)

March 23, 2017, 04:10:04 AM
Reply #1215

School of Science

There'll be quite a kickoff if it is a loan underwritten by the council, given the cuts to public services. Arguably with some justification.

Don't care as long as the whinging red fuckers pay their council tax on time.....
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

March 23, 2017, 04:20:39 AM
Reply #1216

sam of the south

There'll be quite a kickoff if it is a loan underwritten by the council, given the cuts to public services. Arguably with some justification.

Yes, it wouldn't sit well with me
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 23, 2017, 04:20:54 AM
Reply #1217

phillyt

.............maybe so but wouldn't it still would have to be debated by the council ?
Perhaps, maybe it was done secretly due to the commercial sensitivity of the deal. Other options could include the council buying GP off us or it's going to tie into the commonwealth games.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

March 23, 2017, 04:30:36 AM
Reply #1218

phillyt

I think if the council have lent us money from their existing coffers then fine a kickoff would be justified. If it's a case of the council have borrowed to buy  the land, this is assuming they are just funding the land purchase and not the full stadium costs. If they borrow from another source at say 1.5% interest , the public purse is not technically paying out, the club then pay a ground rent/repayment to the council of 5% interest, as soon as Everton make the first payment the council has more money.

This is guess work based on speculation, particularly the comment above regarding JA taking stick but actually getting a good deal for the council. Sure it will all come out tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 04:31:48 AM by phillyt »
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

March 23, 2017, 04:34:55 AM
Reply #1219

Bluedylan

I think if the council have lent us money from their existing coffers then fine a kickoff would be justified. If it's a case of the council have borrowed to buy  the land, this is assuming they are just funding the land purchase and not the full stadium costs. If they borrow from another source at say 1.5% interest , the public purse is not technically paying out, the club then pay a ground rent/repayment to the council of 5% interest, as soon as Everton make the first payment the council has more money.

This is guess work based on speculation, particularly the comment above regarding JA taking stick but actually getting a good deal for the council. Sure it will all come out tomorrow.

Yeah, the council will have to make some money on this longterm (like the FF deal), or there's no way they be able to sell this proposal to the general public (assuming these leaks are accurate).
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 23, 2017, 04:36:45 AM
Reply #1220

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Where's the best forum to watch the koppite fume? I just fancy indulging in a bit of schadenfreud, or something that is spelt slightly differently!!!!
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

March 23, 2017, 04:41:29 AM
Reply #1221

Bluedylan

Where's the best forum to watch the koppite fume? I just fancy indulging in a bit of schadenfreud, or something that is spelt slightly differently!!!!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315580.37320
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 23, 2017, 04:49:20 AM
Reply #1222

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The irony of a Liverpool fan calling a "conspiracy"  theory on us is, frankly,fantastic
Simply simply lovely

March 23, 2017, 04:58:49 AM
Reply #1223

arteta4spain

Not gonna lie, I'm concerned how this will be funded. Let's see what happens. I'm surprised nothing official has been lifted from somewhere there's been a few things but nothing concrete.
Joe Andersons intentions might be well and good for us but at what cost? Please don't make us question it Joe! 

March 23, 2017, 05:15:25 AM
Reply #1224

Gash

Global Moderator
Lads, we've a billionaire majority shareholder who's best mate's with one of the richest men in the world and who's company is sponsoring Finch Farm. We're a football club playing in a multi billion pound league with more money being thrown at it than ever before, it's highly unlikely that we've gone to a skint LCC for money. They might have a hand in things somewhere but they won't be exposed to 3-400m, Moshiri might not be funding the stadium directly but unlike the Vibrac/Earl/Green days everything will be above board. (In my opinion) ;)

March 23, 2017, 05:38:14 AM
Reply #1225

bluenuck

Lads, we've a billionaire majority shareholder who's best mate's with one of the richest men in the world and who's company is sponsoring Finch Farm. We're a football club playing in a multi billion pound league with more money being thrown at it than ever before, it's highly unlikely that we've gone to a skint LCC for money. They might have a hand in things somewhere but they won't be exposed to 3-400m, Moshiri might not be funding the stadium directly but unlike the Vibrac/Earl/Green days everything will be above board. (In my opinion) ;)

You do realize how a lot of these billionaires get stadiums payed for, right?

It's absolutely unreal to me how it's done, but it's done. A billionaire paying 20+ men each millions a year, but lets get the people making an average of 60k a year to pay for it, or half of it.... blows my mind sometimes.

March 23, 2017, 05:43:27 AM
Reply #1226

American Evertonian

You do realize how a lot of these billionaires get stadiums payed for, right?

It's absolutely unreal to me how it's done, but it's done. A billionaire paying 20+ men each millions a year, but lets get the people making an average of 60k a year to pay for it, or half of it.... blows my mind sometimes.

Not sure how it compares to the US but the system in the US is horrible for tax payers but amazing for owners of teams. John Oliver breaks it down well in this - funny video and long but worth the watch. Let's be honest - we all have the time

Are we there yet?

March 23, 2017, 06:08:01 AM
Reply #1227

Gash

Global Moderator
Bit of a North American trend developing here, lads. ;)

March 23, 2017, 06:38:50 AM
Reply #1228

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't LCC''s contribution depend on what it thinks the city will get out of it? It won't simply be a profit / loss in terms of what money is in the city''s bank now.
It will help to regenerate an area that in turn will attract more business and more money. In the short term it will provide jobs to build it. There is then the opportunity to develop the area around Goodison.  Perhaps the city buys that?  There is the image of the city in the wider world which,  again, attracts more business and wealth and so on.
I couldn't even begin to understand all the wheeling and dealing that will go on and neither,  I suppose, will all those koppites.
Do I join their forum and subtly snd mischievously wind them up?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:40:02 AM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

March 23, 2017, 08:25:47 AM
Reply #1229

arteta4spain

Just hope Joes not spun a yarn saying that the IOC have said it's on for us with the games and that's how the funding will come into play then it all goes tits up and we're looking like a spare prick at a wedding!