September 23, 2019, 12:09:31 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 464512 times)

March 23, 2017, 02:26:19 PM
Read 464512 times

Lazarou

I hope this is not a Lukaku type contract signing let down. I pumped and primed to rub the red shite noses in it at work. They have been lording it up for 20 years over me. Have it.
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

March 23, 2017, 04:07:50 PM
Reply #1

Lazarou

Apparently the council are making an announcement at 5pm. Nothing expected from Everton.

Details will be vague

Excitement levels have just gone to droopy stance. I was hoping to get blown away today. Maybe it could have waited until everything was in place?
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

March 23, 2017, 05:04:38 PM
Reply #2

Lazarou

I can never understand with anything like this and not just Everton why we have to have all the rumour and conjecture. Someone from the club or someone directly involved needs to just clarify the time and by whom and I can then get on with my day until then. Not hard is it?

The powers that be must know it's doing everyone's nut in.

March 24, 2017, 12:58:30 AM
Reply #3

Lazarou

Hopefully I have got the details right and I feel it's right for a little celebration.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:59:49 AM by Lazarou »

March 24, 2017, 04:02:19 PM
Reply #4

Lazarou

50k isn't set in stone is it, I don't think. The Echo says that 'initial high-level studies' have been based upon a 50k capacity for the proposal that has been submitted to the council. But the club have said that they will consult with fan groups (and others) in the design/planning phase (now), so hopefully there's a lot of flexibility with the capacity. It might also be that the club has decided to work from a conservative estimate for the initial proposals.

Personally, listening to the few brief comments Moshiri has made, listening to what others have said about him who know him, and judging by the extent of his actions in just one year, I don't see Moshiri settling for a 50,000 capacity at all. He got shut of Martinez, paid him out of his very expensive contract, brought Koeman in on big wedge, has paid off the club's debts, secured a big naming rights deal for the training ground, and has set in place the process of building a new ground. All in 12 months. He's not even the owner yet. All speculation on my part like, but it'll be more than 50,000.

I still can't get over the Finch Farm naming rights deal. I mean seriously who gives a fuck about sponsoring a training ground? How many clubs even have their training grounds with naming rights deals? If he can secure a deal like that, imagine, with his connections and ability to create innovative revenue streams, what could be conceived of for a brand, spanking new ground in an iconic location.

A rousing speech! Exciting times.

August 13, 2018, 10:10:03 PM
Reply #5

Lazarou

July 26, 2019, 02:17:13 AM
Reply #6

Lazarou

Goosebumps!

Imagine when a flight is coming into land at John Lennon on crisp clear dark night, it will blow people away.

July 26, 2019, 02:28:01 AM
Reply #7

Lazarou

Cracking comment on youtube:-

No locals were evicted in the making of this stadium.

July 26, 2019, 02:37:45 AM
Reply #8

Lazarou

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">💙 | We can also reveal our plans for the redevelopment of Goodison, aiming to create a range of community assets in L4. #EFC

➡️ https://t.co/97HNhGyL9T pic.twitter.com/lRwpTFsDVj</p>&mdash; Everton (@Everton) July 25, 2019 <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

July 26, 2019, 07:08:19 PM
Reply #9

Lazarou

New Stadium looks amazing, I'm sure it will be an awesome place to watch football.

Im sure they have thought of this, but the only issue I kinda have is; rising sea levels to do with global warming..

study on it https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/climate/research/sea-level/

map of potential flooding

Im pretty sure this is estimated for the year 2100.. but sea levels are rising much faster than their predictions..

Interesting viewpoint, being environmentally aware I am disappointed I never thought about it myself. It will surely be a issue over the lifetime of the stadium.  :titanic:

We might need to do a massive floater in the Mersey instead.

July 26, 2019, 07:12:13 PM
Reply #10

Lazarou

Don't know whether you missed it but they are going to fill the dock in![/quote]

What difference does that make?

July 27, 2019, 03:33:34 PM
Reply #11

Lazarou

Life jackets under your seat ? (Ffs)

:thumbsup: :titanic:

The players have already been issued with them so why shouldn't the fans, they were testing them last week.