August 25, 2019, 01:41:33 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 455437 times)

March 23, 2017, 08:12:07 PM
Reply #1335

pdentith

This is the meeting tonight...

http://councillors.liverpool.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=1491&MId=15797

Could come under either the 10 streets stuff or the commonwealth games bit.

No it's not. That is a meeting from the 28th Feb. It's 23 March today. Looking at all the Committee meetings I can't see any scheduled for today. There is a planning meeting next week though.

March 23, 2017, 08:18:06 PM
Reply #1336

Makis

is it built yet lids?
Yeah, looks fabolous. Go check it out yourself today!

March 23, 2017, 08:25:41 PM
Reply #1337

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 23, 2017, 08:27:23 PM
Reply #1338

Bally

Administrator
I've got a parents evening til 7pm. I'm going to be so behind the times
I'm attending one from half 4 hahahah
It's the roll I way

March 23, 2017, 08:40:00 PM
Reply #1339

Macca77

I'm attending one from half 4 hahahah

I cancelled and re arranged my lads parents evening so his mum could take him instead, always thinking you see

March 23, 2017, 08:43:18 PM
Reply #1340

Rhys

Loads of shitty little fansites and podcasts have built this up to something it isnt to generate more hits.

It's also because of how social media is now it is so easy for things to spread quickly and expectations get bigger and bigger. Plus you will get people or sites on twitter wanting to make it seem like they have info they might not so are happy to big things up and each time someone makes a tweet about it being a huge announcement peoples expectations rise further. As a result peoples expectations have grown from there will be some kind of announcement to people expecting the club to come out with plans and announce moving in dates by 5pm today.

If this was a decade ago we wouldnt have had the mayor of liverpool talking about it on twitter, we wouldnt have had any access to the architect involved and noise about it would have been kept to a minimum. There would have been rumblings and rumours but ultimately it would have been an announcement made that we've agreed a deal to purchase land and details to follow.

A deal for the land is the first part of the process, and it's a really good step because realistically they wouldnt have got to the point where the land purchase is agreed and announced unless they knew the next steps including funding to build it weren't going to be an issue. It's not like Kirkby where there was fan opposition let alone obstacles from locals, or the Kings Dock where we had no idea if we could get the money together, or WHP where there was no chance the council were going to fund it for us.

This is good news, and if this is the only news about it today, social media hyped rumours shouldnt make people disappointed about what is the first step to what is finally going to happen this time.

March 23, 2017, 08:49:04 PM
Reply #1341

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
No it's not. That is a meeting from the 28th Feb. It's 23 March today. Looking at all the Committee meetings I can't see any scheduled for today. There is a planning meeting next week though.

Ha not sure why I thought clicking on the calendar would bring up today's date...

March 23, 2017, 08:55:25 PM
Reply #1342

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Liverpool Waters tweet:

The perfect day to hit 4000 followers! Keep your eyes peeled for some exciting news coming soon...! #LiverpoolWaters #Liverpool

March 23, 2017, 08:56:17 PM
Reply #1343

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It's also because of how social media is now it is so easy for things to spread quickly and expectations get bigger and bigger. Plus you will get people or sites on twitter wanting to make it seem like they have info they might not so are happy to big things up and each time someone makes a tweet about it being a huge announcement peoples expectations rise further. As a result peoples expectations have grown from there will be some kind of announcement to people expecting the club to come out with plans and announce moving in dates by 5pm today.

If this was a decade ago we wouldnt have had the mayor of liverpool talking about it on twitter, we wouldnt have had any access to the architect involved and noise about it would have been kept to a minimum. There would have been rumblings and rumours but ultimately it would have been an announcement made that we've agreed a deal to purchase land and details to follow.

A deal for the land is the first part of the process, and it's a really good step because realistically they wouldnt have got to the point where the land purchase is agreed and announced unless they knew the next steps including funding to build it weren't going to be an issue. It's not like Kirkby where there was fan opposition let alone obstacles from locals, or the Kings Dock where we had no idea if we could get the money together, or WHP where there was no chance the council were going to fund it for us.

This is good news, and if this is the only news about it today, social media hyped rumours shouldnt make people disappointed about what is the first step to what is finally going to happen this time.

Especially as @van der Meyde says the prospect of it being in Liverpool Waters was always seen as a pipe dream as Peel didn't want a ground there.

March 23, 2017, 09:05:23 PM
Reply #1344

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Especially as @van der Meyde says the prospect of it being in Liverpool Waters was always seen as a pipe dream as Peel didn't want a ground there.

He was right.
Ashworth is on record as saying specificsally he didn't want a stadium there.

Then the financial world turned to shit, HS2 said it wasn't gonna come closer than Crewe and preservationists destroyed Liverpool waters to the point Peel will accept anything 'big' getting built there.

March 23, 2017, 09:06:48 PM
Reply #1345

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He was right.
Ashworth is on record as saying specificsally he didn't want a stadium there.

Then the financial world turned to shit, HS2 said it wasn't gonna come closer than Crewe and preservationists destroyed Liverpool waters to the point Peel will accept anything 'big' getting built there.

Plus we can afford something that won't look shite ;)

March 23, 2017, 09:08:42 PM
Reply #1346

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Plus we can afford something that won't look shite ;)

Plus we aren't asking for the land for free

March 23, 2017, 09:24:30 PM
Reply #1347

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I cancelled and re arranged my lads parents evening so his mum could take him instead, always thinking you see

Yeah, I can't do that.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 23, 2017, 09:29:14 PM
Reply #1348

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, I can't do that.
My nan used to tell me there's no such word as can't.

Confused the shit out of me cause i was pretty certain there was - i'd just used it after all.
Then, when i had kids i realised she was going all yoda on me.

March 23, 2017, 09:56:56 PM
Reply #1349

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Who is PEEL and why do  they have so much say?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...