October 17, 2019, 12:48:28 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472059 times)

July 26, 2019, 12:00:04 AM
Reply #30

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

July 26, 2019, 01:00:12 AM
Reply #31

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

July 26, 2019, 01:10:50 AM
Reply #32

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Beautiful, just beautiful!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 01:12:15 AM by Toffee1 »

July 26, 2019, 01:20:54 AM
Reply #33

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Dan Meis: "I understand the responsibility and I want you to know this is a labour of love for me. I appreciate the trust you have put in me."

July 26, 2019, 02:49:18 AM
Reply #34

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

July 26, 2019, 03:39:06 PM
Reply #35

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Slightly off topic but the music used on the excellent and uplifting video showing the new stadium designs, did remind me of 'Danger Zone' by Kenny Loggins from the 'Top Gun' soundtrack.

July 26, 2019, 06:24:48 PM
Reply #36

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
I suppose that's a good thing, despite me being in the minority. I wouldn't say I'm pretending, I've got nothing to gain from that, also not quite sure why I'm not as impressed as everybody else and saddens me I'm not feeling what you lot are.

Hopefully, when you see it built and finished, you will feel differently.

July 26, 2019, 06:26:41 PM
Reply #37

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
EXCLUSIVE: Dan Meis says he's building a Ferrari not a Bentley with Everton's new stadium

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-dan-meis-says-hes-16648103

July 27, 2019, 05:10:03 PM
Reply #38

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

July 28, 2019, 04:20:02 PM
Reply #39

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 04:38:30 PM by Toffee1 »

August 14, 2019, 04:20:56 PM
Reply #40

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Also if anyone has a bit of spare cash...
https://twitter.com/Meisarch/status/1160950922727632904

The podcast 'Beast of Man' by Kevin Petersen is very well done but at some points a very hard listen.

October 11, 2019, 04:10:01 PM
Reply #41

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.insidermedia.com/news/north-west/grand-plans-for-liverpool-waterfront-outlined-at-insider-breakfast

GRAND PLANS FOR LIVERPOOL WATERFRONT OUTLINED AT INSIDER BREAKFAST
 11 Oct 2019  North West  Property

Everton FC's new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock will "talk to the heritage and culture" of the city of Liverpool, with a planning application still on track for submission before the end of the year. Insiderís Liverpool Waterfront breakfast also heard the latest on the Liverpool Waters and Wirral Waters regeneration schemes.

Insider's event brought leaders from the business, cultural and public sectors together to discuss the projects and initiatives which are transforming both sides of the River Mersey, and the importance of building a waterfront that works for the entire Liverpool City Region.

More than 100 people attended the event at Clockwise, Edward Pavilion at the Royal Albert Dock on Wednesday 9 October.

Iain Jenkinson, director of planning and development for CBRE, has been involved in Evertonís proposed new stadium from the outset. He expects the club to be ready to submit a formal planning application "somewhere between November and December".

Many heritage assets and unique features at the dock will be protected and rejuvenated. Within the ground, replicating the atmosphere of Goodison Park has been at the forefront of the design ethos for architect Dan Meis.

Jenkinson added: "From day one, the question for the team was about how to create that cauldron, that fortress at Bramley Moore Dock. This is going to be a very noisy, intimidating football ground, which is what Everton wanted to do."

Everton FC have hailed the feedback it has received from a second public consultation on its proposed new stadium. During July and August, more than 43,000 people gave feedback on the designs for the 52,000-seat stadium on Liverpool's waterfront, as well as plans for transportation, heritage and the environment. It also outlined design proposals for a community-led legacy project at Goodison. The first consultation generated almost 20,200 responses and was held in November and December of 2018.

Darran Lawless is overseeing the wider Liverpool Waters regeneration scheme as director of development for Peel L&P. He described Evertonís proposals as a "huge boost" to the project, with the stadium set to "turbocharge" development at the north end of the waterfront.

Laura Pye, director for National Museums Liverpool, described the city's waterfront as its "unique selling point", playing an integral role in the city regionís brand identity.

Looking ahead to the dramatic regeneration planned on the other side of the River Mersey, Wirral Council's leader, Cllr Pat Hackett told attendees that the area is "definitely investment-ready".

"It's going to be the biggest transformation we've ever seen, in my opinion. There are huge opportunities abound."

Other panellists included Mike Horner, development director for Muse Developments, Angie Redhead, head of city assets at Culture Liverpool, Rafael Willisch, managing director of Finsa UK, Bob Prattey, chief executive of ACC Liverpool, Stephen Cowperthwaite, managing director, Liverpool at Avison Young, and Ian Ford, senior town planner at ARUP.

The event was sponsored by Brabners, Liverpool Waters, Wirral Council, Wirral Chamber of Commerce and Clockwise.