August 18, 2019, 05:58:54 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 444077 times)

March 24, 2017, 12:05:46 AM
Reply #1410

bluenuck

Would love to see them bring the cross bridging from the Bullens end and bring it into the new stadium some how.

The new York Yankees did this with their facade "arches" when they built their new stadium.

March 24, 2017, 12:10:47 AM
Reply #1411

arteta4spain

This is the article to read.
Tell you what if I've read this right Anderson has played an absolute blinder here.
He gets his club a new home and through this spv generates an added £4.4 mill into the council coffers. Is that about right?
That added money could kick start some much needed regeneration and repair around the city!

March 24, 2017, 12:11:21 AM
Reply #1412

Paddockoldie

We dared to dream... now we've woken it's no longer a dream... pinch me someone!!
I would like the stadium to be more 'industrial' on the outside in looks than a shiney spaceship.. like that Lucas Oil one someone posted. Could you imagine how intimidating that would be for opponents, but modern inside? Gladitorial stylee!!  Keep the historical aspects of the front... The 4th Grace Stadium sounds nice

March 24, 2017, 12:11:30 AM
Reply #1413

dangermouse

Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

March 24, 2017, 12:13:59 AM
Reply #1414

Corinthian

Tell you what if I've read this right Anderson has played an absolute blinder here.
He gets his club a new home and through this spv generates an added £4.4 mill into the council coffers. Is that about right?
That added money could kick start some much needed regeneration and repair around the city!
I'm no expert at all but that's the way I see it too

March 24, 2017, 12:14:03 AM
Reply #1415

Trowel

Yep - it's fantastic news for the city of Liverpool, regardless of the colour of your shirt.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

March 24, 2017, 12:15:06 AM
Reply #1416

Macca77

Yep - it's fantastic news for the city of Liverpool, regardless of the colour of your shirt.

The redshite will still moan, it's what they do

March 24, 2017, 12:19:10 AM
Reply #1417

dazfrancis

I like Moshiri's ambition going for the prime, soon-to-be-iconic option.

NSNO

March 24, 2017, 12:19:33 AM
Reply #1418

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
£4.4m a year for 40 years sounds a lot, but in 40 years time it'll  probably seem like peanuts.

Moshiri gets returns on investment for his mates via the SPV
Joe gets yards yearly income for the local council
We get a new ground at a manageable annual cost

And the fact that anyone against it will be called out actually against the council being £4.4m a year better off, making it pretty much impossible for anyone to complain.

March 24, 2017, 12:22:36 AM
Reply #1419

bramley moore 1878

The Mayor said: “Liverpool Council will have first take on season tickets, on the players themselves, on the naming rights, on the ownership of the stadium and of the television rights"

This doesn't sound that great or is it just me, appears, despite getting a billionaire owner were still not funding it ourselves and won't get all of the benefits?
Don't get me wrong I'm made up but I want my cake to have the cherry I  the top, or has it and I'm missing something?

What he's saying is that the loan debt of the SPV gets serviced FIRST from these assets, and that will be written into the terms, this just means that the rish is lowered for the city which is fair enough.

March 24, 2017, 12:22:42 AM
Reply #1420

Danny

Moshiri also puts the value of the club up by a ton if he ever wanted to sell, the big stumbling block for us getting investment for years was the stadium.

March 24, 2017, 12:23:14 AM
Reply #1421

Robioto

I don't really get how this will work, is it normal to be paying back £4.4m for 40 years when we actually won't own it in that period? What are Spurs and Chelsea doing?

If we then have to fund £300m on top of that to actually build it, which I assume will be through sponsorship/naming rights and more borrowing, won't our annual repayments be really high? Isn't that risky? Will the increased revenue though extra capacity, probable higher ticket prices and corporate boxes be enough to cover this quite large annual outgoing?

Or am I misunderstanding how it will work? (I probably am)

March 24, 2017, 12:27:21 AM
Reply #1422

Waltzer

I don't really get how this will work, is it normal to be paying back £4.4m for 40 years when we actually won't own it in that period? What are Spurs and Chelsea doing?

If we then have to fund £300m on top of that to actually build it, which I assume will be through sponsorship/naming rights and more borrowing, won't our annual repayments be really high? Isn't that risky? Will the increased revenue though extra capacity, probable higher ticket prices and corporate boxes be enough to cover this quite large annual outgoing?

Or am I misunderstanding how it will work? (I probably am)
This is where I'm coming from, it sounds great from the council point of view, but comes across like were tenants, a bit like west ham rather than owning it like spurs?

March 24, 2017, 12:28:56 AM
Reply #1423

farnhamtoffee

Ive been to a funeral today,so have missed the announcement,can someone please let me know what happened,

March 24, 2017, 12:30:07 AM
Reply #1424

Simon Paul

Administrator
Ive been to a funeral today,so have missed the announcement,can someone please let me know what happened,

the Leicester game is being played at Bramley Moore Docks mate

it was built this afternoon

gutted though, it's a bowl