October 19, 2019, 08:17:27 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473149 times)

March 24, 2017, 12:33:08 AM
Reply #1425

BlueBeagle

"Why weren't Liverpool offered the docks????"

Same reason we weren't when we looked at Kings Dock, Kirkby, WHP and Crocky you fucking plebs... It wasn't even am option at the time. 

March 24, 2017, 12:34:13 AM
Reply #1426

Simon Paul

Administrator
"Why weren't Liverpool offered the docks????"

Same reason we weren't when we looked at Kings Dock, Kirkby, WHP and Crocky you fucking plebs... It wasn't even am option at the time. 

Liverpool rejected the docks

March 24, 2017, 12:38:06 AM
Reply #1427

arteta4spain

This is where I'm coming from, it sounds great from the council point of view, but comes across like were tenants, a bit like west ham rather than owning it like spurs?
Basically we're getting loan with help, not financially, with help from the council. Due to this the city will recieve £4.4 mill a year while we repay it.  We won't own the stadium or the land until we pay the loan off. Then in 40 years we'll officially own the stadium. But who knows, we might get bought out further down the line and pay it off before then.
Let's just watch this space! 😂😂😂

March 24, 2017, 12:42:47 AM
Reply #1428

dazfrancis

Am I right in assuming we'll pay £176m to the council on top of repaying the money owed to the lenders?

That's like 12 Oumar Niasse's

March 24, 2017, 12:43:06 AM
Reply #1429

cantoffee

I don't really get how this will work, is it normal to be paying back £4.4m for 40 years when we actually won't own it in that period? What are Spurs and Chelsea doing?

If we then have to fund £300m on top of that to actually build it, which I assume will be through sponsorship/naming rights and more borrowing, won't our annual repayments be really high? Isn't that risky? Will the increased revenue though extra capacity, probable higher ticket prices and corporate boxes be enough to cover this quite large annual outgoing?

Or am I misunderstanding how it will work? (I probably am)
The SPV will get a return of 4.4 million a year. That's on top of what will be paid to the financiers.

It's basically a really large scale construction mortgage with a 3rd party guarantor who gains a small payout every year along with our regular payments to whoever finances the build.

March 24, 2017, 12:44:57 AM
Reply #1430

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I was a bit worried about how this would work financially at first

And then remembered that I've probably never got to the day before payday with more than £50 left in my account and that our Owner has a Net Worth of 2.6 Billion

I'll let him sort this one out!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 24, 2017, 12:45:40 AM
Reply #1431

cantoffee

After 40 years we have the option to purchase. Probably a nominal fee but as said above things can change over time and we might either pay it off earlier or even extend our lending over a longer period of time depending on what happens with the club. I should also say that we could easily extend this lending further without it being a negative as we could be using the asset to borrow at a lower rate or other such things.

March 24, 2017, 12:50:35 AM
Reply #1432

ally2

I have to say I'm underwhelmed. We have a pre contract so that at some point we can buy some land. Then we have to get all planning processes accepted. It would seem that the council could still easily undo what has happened in a year or two's time. Theoretically they could even influence stadium design (or be within their rights to). From where I hoped we would be today, it's positive but it's still all a hell of a long way off.

March 24, 2017, 12:53:29 AM
Reply #1433

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
People are over complicating this.

We will essentially be homeowners in the same way that anyone with a mortgage is a home owner.
After the term the loan is paid off and we own everything outright.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

March 24, 2017, 12:55:30 AM
Reply #1434

dangermouse

The SPV will get a return of 4.4 million a year. That's on top of what will be paid to the financiers.

It's basically a really large scale construction mortgage with a 3rd party guarantor who gains a small payout every year along with our regular payments to whoever finances the build.

So based on an interest free loan of 300m over 40 years..

We would pay 7.5m to finance loan and 4.4m to council... isn't that equivalent to something like 60% apr?

That's not even accounting for interest in loan...

Hmmmmm. Not 100% on numbers just off the top of my head...
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

March 24, 2017, 12:56:19 AM
Reply #1435

cantoffee

We will essentially be homeowners in the same way that anyone with a mortgage is a home owner.
Yes, I don't think there is a need to get bogged down in the details.

March 24, 2017, 12:56:35 AM
Reply #1436

Macca77

This is how I see it

March 24, 2017, 12:56:51 AM
Reply #1437

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I have to say I'm underwhelmed. We have a pre contract so that at some point we can buy some land. Then we have to get all planning processes accepted. It would seem that the council could still easily undo what has happened in a year or two's time. Theoretically they could even influence stadium design (or be within their rights to). From where I hoped we would be today, it's positive but it's still all a hell of a long way off.

Every council has a say in every stadium as they are part of the infrastructure in the area. Working closer with then is to our benefit as it benefits them to approve what we want.

March 24, 2017, 12:57:24 AM
Reply #1438

cantoffee

So based on an interest free loan of 300m over 40 years..

We would pay 7.5m to finance loan and 4.4m to council... isn't that equivalent to something like 60% apr?

That's not even accounting for interest in loan...

Hmmmmm. Not 100% on numbers just off the top of my head...

Sorry, I see what you mean.

Yea maybe I'm not seeing something.

Still basically a really big mortgage.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:59:30 AM by cantoffee »

March 24, 2017, 12:58:30 AM
Reply #1439

Lazarou

Hopefully I have got the details right and I feel it's right for a little celebration.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:59:49 AM by Lazarou »
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin