October 23, 2019, 05:29:48 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 474736 times)

March 24, 2017, 03:33:53 PM
Reply #1530

Ramjam

Make it 60 thousand and only release the last tickets behind the TV cameras as required giving the rest of the stadium the packed to the rafters look to the viewing TV audience

This would be my preference
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 24, 2017, 03:38:21 PM
Reply #1531

Makis

I appreciate the upkeep argument that @Makis has put forth, but I don't think it takes into account hospitality and corporate seating in to account. An increase in overall capacity would also allow an increase in premium seating which should easily offset general operating costs.
I expect they will make as many boxes as they think they can sell even @50k, so a 60k stadium would only increase normal seating.

March 24, 2017, 03:38:54 PM
Reply #1532

Alanvideo

50,000 normal seats plus say 3 to 4,000 corporate might be about right.
The WHU situation is not really relevant in my view. They just about give ST's away in packets of cornflakes to compensate for an unpopular move. Prices start at 289 for an adult ,Everton's cheapest is 485 in the LB. 
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 24, 2017, 03:39:22 PM
Reply #1533

Toddacelli

Apparently we're building a new stadium at the docks and the Red Shite are going fucking bonkers about it

For those who were asking what has happened in a nutshell - This.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 24, 2017, 03:39:27 PM
Reply #1534

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

March 24, 2017, 03:40:59 PM
Reply #1535

Bluedylan

I hope so.

It would put a real downer on things if it was only 50k, even with potential expansion.

I'd go balls out and get 60k as the starting point. A couple of thousand empty seats wont make a difference

Same here. Loads of massive clubs don't sell out every week, and some don't even get close. As long as the stadium design has character and the way the stands are built and located allows us to create a febrile atmosphere, a few thousand empty seats at some games won't be an issue.

I also think a lot of people, myself and Mick included, who don't have a season ticket would be looking at getting one for Bramley Moore. As you probably know, I live in Sheffield now, but I'm defo already planning for a season ticket in the first season there. Considering one for next season tbh, if I can come to an arrangement with my work about having matchdays off.

It's all guesswork trying to know how much extra attendance we could pick up with a shit hot new ground. Must be quite hard for the club to gauge it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 03:43:51 PM by Bluedylan »
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 24, 2017, 03:43:56 PM
Reply #1536

Bingham Boy

I don't get the problem with having empty seats, and only selling out the big games?

Even when we had low attendances as an all seater in the 90s we had unreserved seating, so like minded fans would congregate and the atmosphere would build up, you'd have a good half hour sing song in the ground before the match even started and that would carry on.

When it went to reserved seating that stopped and the atmosphere suffered as it prevented the singers from congregating.

March 24, 2017, 03:45:52 PM
Reply #1537

Macca77

A brand new amazing state of the art stadium will attract thousands of new fans, and also bring back the fans who refuse to pay 40 for obstructed views.

The stat yesterday about us being in the top 10 of clubs in Europe that sell out to capacity every week is also amazing, Its never been so hard to get tickets for our home games, our next 2 are already sold out

March 24, 2017, 03:55:05 PM
Reply #1538

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Considering one for next season tbh, if I can come to an arrangement with my work about having matchdays off.

I have approx 3 years to get my 5 year old and 3 year old interested in football in anyway, cause the timescale to get them to their first match at gogdison has just became finite haha.

I don't get the problem with having empty seats, and only selling out the big games?

Even when we had low attendances as an all seater in the 90s we had unreserved seating, so like minded fans would congregate and the atmosphere would build up, you'd have a good half hour sing song in the ground before the match even started and that would carry on.

When it went to reserved seating that stopped and the atmosphere suffered as it prevented the singers from congregating.

This is an exceptional point and i can't believe i've not seen it verbalised before.
It is 100% correct.

We may not be able to introduce a standing section and enforced singing sections go against the grain for our crowd. But an unreserved section could definitely be a place-holder for a standing section.

@Bally , remember this if it goes to a fansforum

March 24, 2017, 03:57:09 PM
Reply #1539

Ramjam

When we have games against opponents where we know we won't sell out the club should give a few thousand tickets to schools so that the kids will get involved and hopefully want to purchase their own junior and full season tickets when they get hooked
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 24, 2017, 04:00:01 PM
Reply #1540

Alanvideo

Apologies if already been mentioned but are we buying Nelson Dock too or just B-M ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 24, 2017, 04:00:24 PM
Reply #1541

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

Well the cost of Building a bigger stadium is the first major problem

March 24, 2017, 04:02:19 PM
Reply #1542

Lazarou

50k isn't set in stone is it, I don't think. The Echo says that 'initial high-level studies' have been based upon a 50k capacity for the proposal that has been submitted to the council. But the club have said that they will consult with fan groups (and others) in the design/planning phase (now), so hopefully there's a lot of flexibility with the capacity. It might also be that the club has decided to work from a conservative estimate for the initial proposals.

Personally, listening to the few brief comments Moshiri has made, listening to what others have said about him who know him, and judging by the extent of his actions in just one year, I don't see Moshiri settling for a 50,000 capacity at all. He got shut of Martinez, paid him out of his very expensive contract, brought Koeman in on big wedge, has paid off the club's debts, secured a big naming rights deal for the training ground, and has set in place the process of building a new ground. All in 12 months. He's not even the owner yet. All speculation on my part like, but it'll be more than 50,000.

I still can't get over the Finch Farm naming rights deal. I mean seriously who gives a fuck about sponsoring a training ground? How many clubs even have their training grounds with naming rights deals? If he can secure a deal like that, imagine, with his connections and ability to create innovative revenue streams, what could be conceived of for a brand, spanking new ground in an iconic location.

A rousing speech! Exciting times.
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

March 24, 2017, 04:02:30 PM
Reply #1543

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Apologies if already been mentioned but are we buying Nelson Dock too or just B-M ?

Wasn't mentioned at all either way

March 24, 2017, 04:07:28 PM
Reply #1544

Toddacelli

Did they say the stadium would be 'upwards of 300M'?

Was it 50k seater or around 50k?

With all the ambition uncle Moshiri is showing (as expertly outlined by @Bluedylan earlier - ditched Martinez, threw money at Koeman and got the new stadium up and running) I would not be at all surprised if our 300M stadium becomes a 4-500M stadium and our 50k seats become 60-65k seats.

It'll be much easier to make slight alterations to things once the initial planning is granted.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 04:14:59 PM by Toddacelli »

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates