October 23, 2019, 10:50:00 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 474978 times)

June 17, 2017, 04:18:17 PM
Reply #2040

Trowel

The Commonwealth Games bid judges visit Liverpool next month, so details of the new stadium and artists impressions will have to be available by then.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 17, 2017, 04:18:39 PM
Reply #2041

BlueBeagle

The Etihad isn't really a good example of what can be done, because the stands are too far away from the pitch. I think they have the pitch closer to the stands on one side, and then on the other side it is miles away.

They start pretty close to the pitch but the embankment is gradual so the stands kind of fall away if you get me

June 17, 2017, 04:22:26 PM
Reply #2042

Alanvideo

See Mayors letter on page 134.... :thumbsup:
...............yes the letter says the CG will pay but in the Echo Joe says ' we ' will pay ,meaning LCC . So which is it ? Either way it's taxpayers money I guess.
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 17, 2017, 05:05:36 PM
Reply #2043

chang

...............yes the letter says the CG will pay but in the Echo Joe says ' we ' will pay ,meaning LCC . So which is it ? Either way it's taxpayers money I guess.

Pretty sure it will be private money / sponsorship / TV money - to draw on the public purse to fund would be wrong.

June 17, 2017, 05:11:33 PM
Reply #2044

Alanvideo

Pretty sure it will be private money / sponsorship / TV money - to draw on the public purse to fund would be wrong.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/how-much-commonwealth-games-cost-13197651
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 17, 2017, 05:18:07 PM
Reply #2045

Buck76

Don't worry about that 27m, it's nothing compared to the 1000m of infrastructure projects, like the athletes accommodation, pool, transport links etc across the city.. it would basically Blow anything the RS could ever dream of at Anfield and dummies will be well spat :0)... & all within 5yrs which will be amazing seeing as our chairman would also own the most iconic building on the waterfront... with office space waiting for his Russian Mate.

June 17, 2017, 05:35:28 PM
Reply #2046

blue1948

Not in one summer it wouldn't be.
What is not in one summer? Look at White hart lane !in a few weeks .
They have digging machines now and have thrown the spade away

June 17, 2017, 05:42:51 PM
Reply #2047

blue1948

There will be a natural distance issue anyway with size, but do we want to be adding to it by requesting additional steepness?

Throw in the possibility of future expansion then our fans really will be miles away. There is also the matter of maximum gradient, and each tier has to be steeper than the tier beneath meaning you will hit maximum steepness too early ruling out expansion.

.I think steepness gives an illusion of intimidation but in reality it isn't the case.
Perhaps you should send that to Dan as he is probably unaware of the ream of facts you seem to have at hand

June 17, 2017, 05:53:44 PM
Reply #2048

JordanianEmbassy

They start pretty close to the pitch but the embankment is gradual so the stands kind of fall away if you get me

They don't though. Not on all sides. There is a big gap between the stand and the pitch on one side...  I can't remember which side.. possibly the side where the dug outs are.

June 17, 2017, 06:33:23 PM
Reply #2049

BlueBeagle

They don't though. Not on all sides. There is a big gap between the stand and the pitch on one side...  I can't remember which side.. possibly the side where the dug outs are.

June 17, 2017, 11:33:46 PM
Reply #2050

JordanianEmbassy

@BlueBeagle  sorry mate did your reply go missing there after the quote?

June 18, 2017, 12:51:33 AM
Reply #2051

Bingham Boy

Perhaps you should send that to Dan as he is probably unaware of the ream of facts you seem to have at hand
Expansion is up to the club not the architect. If fans put pressure on the club to expand then they probably will.

June 18, 2017, 03:31:20 AM
Reply #2052

Simon Paul

Administrator
There are limits on the rake of any new stand - meaning the steepness of the top balcony can never be recreated in a modern stadium

There are also rules on how close to the pitch any new stands can be

June 18, 2017, 04:49:32 AM
Reply #2053

Bingham Boy

There are limits on the rake of any new stand - meaning the steepness of the top balcony can never be recreated in a modern stadium

There are also rules on how close to the pitch any new stands can be

Max is 34 degrees, Top Balcony 37. For a large stand the gradient can increase about 5 times say about every 15-20 rows due to sightlines.

If a large stand starts off too steep then it will hit it's maximum gradient too soon. The closer the higher tier the steeper it must be to make those sightlines, generally meaning the shallower the lowest tier must be.

June 21, 2017, 01:29:22 PM
Reply #2054

phillyt

From a presentation in Cincinnati apparantly some hints of the new stadium. Lifted off the royal blue mersey on Twitter.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.