September 20, 2018, 05:23:52 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 301386 times)

February 16, 2018, 07:06:05 PM
Reply #45

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 16, 2018, 09:31:35 PM
Reply #46

Ross

UNESCO are cowards and full of hot air. Nothing will come of their bravado.

Maybe, maybe not with regards to the Unesco heritage status, time will only tell with that.

But the fact the Peel are redesigning their plans and the council are proposing “a raft of measures aimed at preserving the city's heritage status“ suggests they want it keeping and by introducing new planning guidelines while we’re trying to get through current designs could put the brakes on for a while I could imagine. If they’re looking at new sympathetic guidelines being introduced to keep Unesco happy they’re hardly going to give our plans a clear lane in the summer for fear of the precedent being set for the future.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 16, 2018, 09:37:50 PM
Reply #47

Ross

Personally, I'd be tempted to call their bluff and offer to package their shitty plaque and pop it in the post to them.
What does Liverpool actually gain from the UNESCO status. We have some fabulous architecture in this city. A fucking plaque and the seal of approval doesn't make it any more or less beautiful.
People come to Liverpool because of the Beatles and, although it pains me to say it, to worship at Big Fuck Off Stand FC. They come to Liverpool because of some of the achievements of people who were born and bred here. They come because it's a fantastic city, not because a gang of UNESCO pricks decided it was a World Heritage Site.
Tell them to fuck right off. We have to move with the times.

Apparently Dresden lost 5% off it’s tourism industry the following years it was removed. Not sure what Liverpool’s tourism sector brings to the City but I’d imagine that would be a fair chunk of change and something the council won’t take lightly.

February 16, 2018, 10:02:23 PM
Reply #48

Ross

I think the new stadium is sufficiently far away and isn't likely to be tall enough to cause an issue persoanally.

I think they'll be more concerned with skyscrapers and the like.

Not sure the distance matters but I agree it’s likely to effect other designs more.

I just can’t see what was already going to be a difficult applicant being greenlit while new parameters are being drawn up, and given how quick governmental departments work I doubt these new guidelines will be in place for the summer when we’re due to submit our application.

April 03, 2018, 06:03:07 PM
Reply #49

Ross

Why haven't they shifted it South then? Even by around 25 metres that would make a huge difference?

I'm guessing cost and also filling in the water? I'm not up to scratch on what is immediately south or surrounding, so sorry if it's effin obvious.

You’d be spanning two docks then, BM and Nelson dock.

June 07, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Reply #50

Ross

It’s always been odd that we’ve not signed up for this when it’s been on the table for so long.

Maybe they’re waiting to use Usmanov pull with other lenders, if he does come on board.

All the boardroom changes won’t have helped though.

June 08, 2018, 05:06:56 AM
Reply #51

Ross

It's all going through due-diligence, whilst in the meantime Everton explore every single funding option available to them. As we'd expect them to do.

This is the council leader saying we’re looking elsewhere, thats not due diligence all of a sudden after 12-18 months of an offer being on the the table. 

What’s changed from this being the best offer we could possibly ever get 12-18 months ago? The council or the terms haven’t (as far as we know). 

Not sure how we can go from a “ground breaking” financial offer off the local council to lend us money at government funded lending rates to a better offer somewhere else unless there’s been a background change that’s not been revealed yet.

June 08, 2018, 05:54:08 AM
Reply #52

Ross

.............there's been plenty of dissenting voices from councillors etc. who are against LCC lending the money to Everton . It would have to go through the full council for approval and maybe Joe isn't too confident of that happening.

It’s not even got that far Al, which councillors are going to base their judgment on listening to Anderson on an Everton podcast instead of the facts and figures presented to them in an official council approved business plan backed up by governmental approved loans? 

June 08, 2018, 03:26:07 PM
Reply #53

Ross

It's only ever been the "best terms" according to Joe, no one from the club has said that. The club have played it all very close to their chest as far as I'm aware. And this loan deal hasn't been on the table for 12-18 months. You've made that up.

What was said in the podcast is that the deal on offer is proceeding with legal execs looking over every minute detail, as well as other avenues still being explored by the club, in case there is a better option. How is that not the best thing for all parties?

As ever on here though, let's spin anything and everything into an negative.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-bramley-moore-stadium-announcement-12780955

Might want to check the dates and have a look at your calendar.

July 18, 2018, 04:54:56 PM
Reply #54

Ross

Why would a pavement be needed on that side of the road though? It's unused

So there’s a a clear distinction between the massive walls and entrances of the docks and a major thoroughfare?

July 29, 2018, 06:17:21 PM
Reply #55

Ross

So no updates then?

Still nothing on the stadium but for Usmanov every day’s a blessing.

July 30, 2018, 02:01:32 AM
Reply #56

Ross

That joke never goes old   ::)

To be fair he did say it without moving his lips.

July 31, 2018, 05:20:51 PM
Reply #57

Ross

Will this free up space at goodison for more hospitality areas?