November 21, 2018, 08:36:41 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 325830 times)

February 09, 2017, 07:23:52 PM
Read 325830 times

Gary1878

I think the wall sounds like a design issue rather than anything major. I think certain structures on the wall will have to be kept, but the majority will be allowed to amended in some way, or even used as a support.

From Wikipedia (The fountain of all knowledge)

In England and Wales, the management of listed buildings is the responsibility of local planning authorities and the Department for Communities and Local Government (i.e., not DCMS, which originally listed the building). There is a general principle that listed buildings are put to 'appropriate and viable use' and recognition that this may involve the re-use and modification of the building.[10] However, listed buildings cannot be modified without first obtaining Listed Building Consent through the relevant local planning authority.[37]

All in all, the wall would certainly be put to good use, but modified in the way that suits the stadium's needs.

March 23, 2017, 07:19:48 PM
Reply #1

Gary1878

Hopefully we will get a much better idea of how far along they are in the plans.

I would imagine that there is a contract in place to buy the land based on planning permission being granted to build the stadium.

If we have therefore found the site for the stadium, then surely 18 months planning will suffice, so build start date of September 2018? In the stadium for start of 2019/20 season? (Dreaming here, but still has realistic assumptions!)

March 23, 2017, 07:25:12 PM
Reply #2

Gary1878

add a year or 2 on i'd say. No way will it sail through planning. I'd be astonished if this wasn't called in for a number of reasons.

Yeah perhaps. It does depend on how much help we get from the council though i suppose. If they want to push this through, then i don't see why 18 months isn't possible. However with most of these things, i guess we can expect delays.

March 23, 2017, 11:14:46 PM
Reply #3

Gary1878

A report will be presented to the council’s cabinet next Friday (31 March) recommending that the City Council progress Heads of Terms to create a new Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) company which will take a lease of the stadium from a funder and, in turn, sub-lease it to the Club.

The recommendation being presented to the council’s cabinet follows months of talks between the Club and the local authority and following advice from independent financial and legal experts who have reviewed Everton’s “robust business case”.

Under the proposed finance structure of the SPV the council will not provide any finance for the new stadium, which is anticipated to cost in excess of £300m and will be fully funded by the Club.

This all sounds like Moshiri and pals are funding this in a SPV, with the club leasing it back from the vehicle, giving them a nice yield/income per annum. Very clever. Avoids expensive banks and the council, and allows Everton to have the home that we all want!

September 26, 2017, 07:39:08 PM
Reply #4

Gary1878

he concludes, looking out through his office window where there are views across the Mersey – a passage of water that will welcome 63 cruise liners in 2017. “By 2021, we hope that figure will be double. By then, Bramley-Moore will be built and Liverpool will have a new skyline.”

Target date of 2021....makes sense.

November 09, 2017, 09:08:37 PM
Reply #5

Gary1878

To my mind, the new stadium is a no brainer from an investment perspective, and is a very attractive opportunity. Whatever is spent on this project, Moshiri is likely to at least get back the original cost. The land is relatively valuable, overlooking one of the most iconic waterfronts in the world.

Football as an industry is an ever-changing beast, and if Everton don't keep innovating and progressing, we will begin to fade away like many of the other giants of the 1960s 70s and 80s. We don't want to become like Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Villa or Derby, and we need to learn from their mistakes, and keep on striving for better than we have.

Goodison is the first stadium (apart from Anfield eh hem) in the history of our club, and it will always have a special place for Everton, the fans and the city. But realistically, what will the stadium look like in 50 years time? Does it support all the modern day functions and facilities that people expect in 2017, let alone 2050 or 2100?

We have an opportunity to move to a stadium for the next 150 years of history, and somewhere that can be a permanent location for Everton for many more decades after that.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:10:29 PM by Gary1878 »

November 23, 2017, 09:47:57 PM
Reply #6

Gary1878

The planning board consists of a planner and Danny Murphy

You nearly just made me cough up my coffee. Great comment!