September 23, 2019, 02:40:37 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 464538 times)

January 12, 2017, 08:04:39 PM
Read 464538 times

cantoffee

Not sure what everyone is worried about.

Soon enough the "USM 1000 5 star hotel rooms hotel" and the "USM 24/7 80 charter flights a day airport" will open and we'll have nothing to worry about.

January 13, 2017, 01:44:28 AM
Reply #1

cantoffee

March 24, 2017, 12:43:06 AM
Reply #2

cantoffee

I don't really get how this will work, is it normal to be paying back £4.4m for 40 years when we actually won't own it in that period? What are Spurs and Chelsea doing?

If we then have to fund £300m on top of that to actually build it, which I assume will be through sponsorship/naming rights and more borrowing, won't our annual repayments be really high? Isn't that risky? Will the increased revenue though extra capacity, probable higher ticket prices and corporate boxes be enough to cover this quite large annual outgoing?

Or am I misunderstanding how it will work? (I probably am)
The SPV will get a return of 4.4 million a year. That's on top of what will be paid to the financiers.

It's basically a really large scale construction mortgage with a 3rd party guarantor who gains a small payout every year along with our regular payments to whoever finances the build.

March 24, 2017, 12:45:40 AM
Reply #3

cantoffee

After 40 years we have the option to purchase. Probably a nominal fee but as said above things can change over time and we might either pay it off earlier or even extend our lending over a longer period of time depending on what happens with the club. I should also say that we could easily extend this lending further without it being a negative as we could be using the asset to borrow at a lower rate or other such things.

March 24, 2017, 12:56:19 AM
Reply #4

cantoffee

People are over complicating this.

We will essentially be homeowners in the same way that anyone with a mortgage is a home owner.
After the term the loan is paid off and we own everything outright.
Yes, I don't think there is a need to get bogged down in the details.

March 24, 2017, 12:57:24 AM
Reply #5

cantoffee

So based on an interest free loan of 300m over 40 years..

We would pay 7.5m to finance loan and 4.4m to council... isn't that equivalent to something like 60% apr?

That's not even accounting for interest in loan...

Hmmmmm. Not 100% on numbers just off the top of my head...

Sorry, I see what you mean.

Yea maybe I'm not seeing something.

Still basically a really big mortgage.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:59:30 AM by cantoffee »

March 28, 2017, 08:58:16 PM
Reply #6

cantoffee

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bramley-moore-stadium-global-warming-12808366

Ah well,that's that then
Lol fuck off you fucking hippy we've got a floating stadium, submerge the city and we'll travel the world on the USM boaty mcboatface stadium

December 21, 2017, 07:02:13 AM
Reply #7

cantoffee

That is in your own head. You telling me to 'fuck off' like some petulant child definetly is not imagined in my own head. Nor is the fact you cant dispute the only top 6 club leaving their ground or who have done it is Man City who tbf are winning the league but cannot fill their stadium. So how do we go up the league in a stadium remiscent to The Reebok/Riverside?
Nowhere did Jamo tell you to fuck off. He has engaged with you perfectly fine. No need to moan about it because many others would have got fed up by now.

December 31, 2017, 08:50:48 PM
Reply #8

cantoffee

Get the right people in charge with a good long-term vision and we can get so much better.

There is significant room for growth, we have an excellent youth setup, we've been recruiting young players with good potential for the future, we have some excellent players, we have a strong base of supporters, and there is more money than ever in the league.

Things look like shit but with the proper people in charge everything could change within a couple years.

New ground is a big step forward and even with delays it would be huge for the club to have it all come to fruition.

November 13, 2018, 06:32:13 PM
Reply #9

cantoffee

Nah, if you were a boss blue you'd finish each post with an affirming acronym. COYB ETID WDCWTRSS
Is that Welsh?

Sent from my SM-G950W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app