July 18, 2018, 08:05:59 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 271733 times)

SteB and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 18, 2018, 02:11:24 AM
Reply #45

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
If we want parity with the elite clubs shouldn't we be charging their prices?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 21, 2018, 07:30:01 PM
Reply #46

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, standard practice.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

April 03, 2018, 12:00:29 AM
Reply #47

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Which corner does St Luke''s Church fit in?

April 03, 2018, 06:06:48 PM
Reply #48

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Just leaving to take Mrs SB to the meeting (I didn't get an invite!!!!) so I'll post a bit more later this evening. Sending her in with pad, paper and a list of questions plus a programme to get Elstone's autograph on in case he leaves soon.

Sorry, I lied about the autograph.🙄

April 03, 2018, 08:18:29 PM
Reply #49

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
haha, it's an old Roman architectural device (Vomit has a latin root which means to "spew out". They're ingress/egress points to the main floor).

I Can't see any plans to "fill them up", but in the future it may be one place to look to for quick & easy expansion.
Interesting. I always assumed they were those narrow passages and alleys somewhere between the pub and home that one occasionally needed to spew up in.

April 04, 2018, 02:58:33 AM
Reply #50

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Answers to questions this afternoon. In no particular order and haven't bothered with what is easily available on other sites like the Echo etc

Car parking.
English Heritage are insisting that the channel remains between where the car park is proposed and the 'mainland' as that was the main connection between the docks which means the car park site is of little use in any other way.

Bricks etc
The stadium needs to be sympathetic to its surroundings.

N/S alignment.
Makes the space tight but most stadiums are built this way to reduce the problems from the sun.
Rail seating can be possible when/if legislation passed but will probably not influence capacity as the legislation will require still one person per seat space. Also more metalwork needed so more expensive.

Capacity and keeping it full already in posts above. Want it full and noisy

Eating.
Some eating facilities incorporated but also expected local businesses will spring up.

Acoustics
Can be influenced by design.

Prince Rupert Tower.
Not sure yet - influenced by how it will look from the river.

Sustainability
Taken into account - wind power,  collecting rainwater etc etc

Access
At Goodison crowds come from all 4 directions but most will access new ground from the City end.

Dixie''s statue will be there and named bricks etc being considered along with other ideas.

Corporate hospitality demand is hard to judge as we have no real experience as have no facilities now! Feels Arsenal went over the top.

It's our home for next 100 years and wants it to be a stadium that 'grows out of the dock'

No compromise on technology or access (for fans inside)  - it will stand alongside the best in the world.

Possible to build it to allow for an increase of 5k seats in the future but the expansion is limited by the concourses etc underneath. Best to build it for now with possibility of expansion.

THE OVERRIDING MESSAGE IS THIS IS A FOOTBALL GROUND. Not designed for other events but obviously some will be possible. Also there will be a fan zone and that will be able to hold smaller events as well.

That's the gist of it and fairly accurate as my wife is always right and she was the one with the invite and the writing pad and pen. Any complaints and questions to her!!!

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:08:29 AM by Shropshire Blue »

April 04, 2018, 03:11:01 AM
Reply #51

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Nice one for that. Some interesting stuff
Modified a bit since so check it again.
I'm 72 this year hopefully I'll live to see it. If not I want a Viking funeral launched from the home end😊

April 04, 2018, 03:12:49 AM
Reply #52

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Forgot one thing. Ferry service being considered but the height of the dock walls may prohibit it.
Rising sea levels might solve this?😃

April 17, 2018, 01:22:24 AM
Reply #53

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Naturally air-conditioned - ours will have a sliding roof with solar panels attached!

We were the first club to install under soil heating - ahead of the game, us!

Not long afterwards were we not the only club to call a game off because the pitch was waterlogged when everyone else was frozen off? 1962/3 season probably or is that just an urban myth. Sure there is an element of truth in it.

June 01, 2018, 04:34:02 PM
Reply #54

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I hope it has a moat and a drawbridge
The moat is already in place but no drawbridge only a tunnel and ferries.

June 01, 2018, 07:35:47 PM
Reply #55

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Those hospitality boxes at the top are impressive.

July 01, 2018, 10:57:23 PM
Reply #56

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.facebook.com/groups/819436598086363/permalink/2270088919687783/[/

Need to have tide tables available for corners - imagine Dan M has sorted that?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:27:56 AM by Shropshire Blue »

July 02, 2018, 12:24:42 AM
Reply #57

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
?
Picture didn't load from Facebook and message meaningless (as many of mine are) without it.

****Sorted it now but like a joke you have to explain it doesn't seem as funny any more! 😔
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:29:25 AM by Shropshire Blue »