May 25, 2018, 02:25:29 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 244968 times)

January 01, 2018, 02:48:21 PM
Reply #2745

Jamokachi

The escalating cost isn't really a surprise either. The new White Heart Lane has gone from an estimated 500m to 700m, and now quite possibly close to a billion. This is the case with Chelsea's redevelopment of Stamford Bridge also. Everton coming out and saying it by no way means they're laying the foundations for a reason to shut the idea down. People need to have more faith. It's ridiculous in here.

January 01, 2018, 04:28:58 PM
Reply #2746

Simon Paul

Administrator
I've been given loads of stick about this but as I've maintained from the start, as the council are fronting the cash they could stick a running track on it for all we know.

Now also the price sky rockets. add that to moving into a desolate area with no infrastructure.....

Like I said, the whole thing is best avoided.

Disagree to be honest

No point at all in a running track unless for a planned major event.

Wanting supporter input is to ensure fans' opinions are reflected accurately - this is the same football club who, despite protests at the match, didn't think there was widespread feeling to sack Martinez the week before he went.

I don't trust the club to represent the fans' views on anything without a group of supporters doing it themselves.

Funding goes up on any project though, especially under this government!

January 01, 2018, 04:44:48 PM
Reply #2747

ally2

In my Everton heart I expected us to be immune to inflation. Let me down again Everton.

January 01, 2018, 05:34:12 PM
Reply #2748

School of Science

The escalating cost isn't really a surprise either. The new White Heart Lane has gone from an estimated 500m to 700m, and now quite possibly close to a billion. This is the case with Chelsea's redevelopment of Stamford Bridge also. Everton coming out and saying it by no way means they're laying the foundations for a reason to shut the idea down. People need to have more faith. It's ridiculous in here.

Supposedly one if the reasons the Spurs new build sky rocketed was because they added to the original plans, added a hotel to it.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 01, 2018, 05:48:41 PM
Reply #2749

ally2

Supposedly one if the reasons the Spurs new build sky rocketed was because they added to the original plans, added a hotel to it.

Wouldn't have been so much if they'd already had 4 houses on it.

January 01, 2018, 06:13:16 PM
Reply #2750

School of Science

Hahaha, bit thick had to think about that pal ( Mall )
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 01, 2018, 06:24:01 PM
Reply #2751

sirblue57

Hope no one is going to monopolise so these puns
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 01, 2018, 06:47:05 PM
Reply #2752

chang

There are some very interesting videos on YouTube about the build - they have a lounge called "Tunnel Club" from which people can see into the tunnel... 2 season tickets 19 K ! ..... self service beer pumps and plumbing to deliver 10,000 pints a minute!

January 01, 2018, 06:50:36 PM
Reply #2753

Rodenplav64

In my Everton heart I expected us to be immune to inflation. Let me down again Everton.

Actually you would think an astute businessman like Moshiri would have had that covered when announcing the cost in the first place . The longer he is in charge the more I think he is going to fuck it all up on and off the pitch .

January 01, 2018, 06:52:00 PM
Reply #2754

Toddacelli

We just have to sit tight and wait - but it's so important it feels excrutiating to do so.

And I liked and agreed with what @brap2 said earlier - you look for the note behind the note.

To over-simplify - if you ask two people about what they want to say to the club about their matchday experience and one says he loves the pies and one says he hates the pies - on the surface you have two completely different opinions.
Whether you change the pies or keep the pies is not the issue here.
You have just learned that food is important to both fans as a part of their matchday experience.

How you use that information going forward is the key to both fans being happier.

I want some fan consultation - but then let the experts do their jobs.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 01, 2018, 07:29:48 PM
Reply #2755

therealdunc

Disagree to be honest

No point at all in a running track unless for a planned major event.

Wanting supporter input is to ensure fans' opinions are reflected accurately - this is the same football club who, despite protests at the match, didn't think there was widespread feeling to sack Martinez the week before he went.

I don't trust the club to represent the fans' views on anything without a group of supporters doing it themselves.

Funding goes up on any project though, especially under this government!

I expect the new ground will be the main topic at next seasons shareholder AGM

Blue

January 01, 2018, 07:35:57 PM
Reply #2756

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
  Great start to the new year. These posts deserve to be in the running for best post of the year - and only 14 hours into the new year. Still laughing  lolol :thumbsup:

January 01, 2018, 07:42:19 PM
Reply #2757

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Actually you would think an astute businessman like Moshiri would have had that covered when announcing the cost in the first place . The longer he is in charge the more I think he is going to fuck it all up on and off the pitch .
Can't see how anything like an accurate costing can be achieved until detailed plans are drawn and permissions obtained.  In addition there are sure to be unexpected things come up. I can't bring to mind any major development where I haven't eventually read it cost more than originally estimated.
We need to chill and stop fretting about it, it's going to happen at a pace we can't control by people with many different agendas that we aren't aware of with funds sourced from loads of people and places that we've never thought of.
Basically we're helpless apart from some consultation about what will be cosmetic issues so, to paraphrase from elsewhere, just lie back and think of Everton!!
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 09, 2018, 08:21:02 PM
Reply #2758

therealdunc

Been sent 2 leaked images

The design is weird, 3 sides covered by a big stand and then one side behind a goal a tiny stand

Is there. Way I can post them on here from my phone?
Blue

January 09, 2018, 08:35:08 PM
Reply #2759

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Been sent 2 leaked images

The design is weird, 3 sides covered by a big stand and then one side behind a goal a tiny stand

Is there. Way I can post them on here from my phone?
They're just the images put together for the commonwealth app, they're on Twitter I think.

https://twitter.com/DWoolford58/status/950473043033448448
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:02:31 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"