September 19, 2018, 02:20:36 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 300850 times)

February 09, 2018, 04:44:50 PM
Reply #2955

Macca77

I couldn't care less how big their ground is, fact is they will fill it every week with day trippers carrying their Ipads. We need to be realistic, 60k is about the maximum we should go, there's nothing worse than seeing a shitload of empty seats on a matchday, the Emptyhad is a prime example of that, City are the Champions elect and yet can't fill their own stadium.

February 09, 2018, 04:48:30 PM
Reply #2956

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I couldn't care less how big their ground is, fact is they will fill it every week with day trippers carrying their Ipads. We need to be realistic, 60k is about the maximum we should go, there's nothing worse than seeing a shitload of empty seats on a matchday, the Emptyhad is a prime example of that, City are the Champions elect and yet can't fill their own stadium.

I reckon there woul dbe lots of empty seats quite often at 60k myself.

That, in and of itself, isn't the end of the world as long as you have a smart ticketing system.
But i think 55k is the sweet spot personally

February 09, 2018, 04:51:22 PM
Reply #2957

Macca77

That, in and of itself, isn't the end of the world as long as you have a smart ticketing system.

Probably right, I'd be more than happy with 55K, with the chance of expanding to 60 if need be

February 09, 2018, 04:52:45 PM
Reply #2958

Cereal Killer

Need to consider cost of tickets/what we'll charge.... simplistic terms 30k stadium full at £60 a ticket gets you pretty much the same ticket income as 70k stadium at £25

Would hope we'd charge less to get more numbers in.... more numbers of course gives higher chance for ancillary sales of food, drink, kit etc etc

February 09, 2018, 04:53:17 PM
Reply #2959

Cozzie

55K with the option of expanding it to 60-65K in the future if we become successful CL etc.

55K is a nice solid medium which would be realistic to fill.

We would sell out first season I think as most people would want to go to the stadium just as it is new.

We are selling out this season 38-39000 every game and we are fucking shite, the lure of a new stadium would be enough to sell out a 55K

February 09, 2018, 04:58:13 PM
Reply #2960

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
New stadium effect means we're definitely selling out seasons 1 & 2.

But, exactly like Liverpool, ticket prices aren't going to go down. We're moving to make money. Is catering still outsourced? In which case ancillary stuff isn't massively important.

I think ease of future upgrades is 100% something that should be taken into consideration though. hopefully somebody has explained to Dan the clusterfuck we made with the Park End.

February 09, 2018, 05:05:03 PM
Reply #2961

Macca77

I cant wait for the inevitable fume from our fans when Meis and Everton release some images.

February 09, 2018, 05:16:24 PM
Reply #2962

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
New stadium effect means we're definitely selling out seasons 1 & 2.

But, exactly like Liverpool, ticket prices aren't going to go down. We're moving to make money. Is catering still outsourced? In which case ancillary stuff isn't massively important.

I think ease of future upgrades is 100% something that should be taken into consideration though. hopefully somebody has explained to Dan the clusterfuck we made with the Park End.

Even if catering sales are outsourced, which I would hope to God they are as thatís not our core business,
we would still be on a profit share.

February 09, 2018, 05:21:03 PM
Reply #2963

Macca77

Is catering still outsourced? In which case ancillary stuff isn't massively important.

I deffo want a Pound Bakery in the ground somewhere

February 09, 2018, 05:25:07 PM
Reply #2964

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

We should fill the concourse are with quality food franchises paying top dollar rent plus profit share.

February 09, 2018, 05:29:35 PM
Reply #2965

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Around the time of th ekitbag deal i have a vague memory of hearing we did the same with catering - i want to say Sodexo?

The deal was similar. They pay us a flat fee unless sales are way above expectation and then we get to share the profit made above a certain amount.
Both deals turned loss making areas into immediate profit making areas.

I haven't heard anything since to say it has bene in-sourced.

February 09, 2018, 05:32:40 PM
Reply #2966

School of Science

Think big man think big !   ;D
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 09, 2018, 05:35:51 PM
Reply #2967

Macca77

Think big man think big !   ;D

Two chicken balti pasties for a quid, it doesn't get any bigger than that

February 09, 2018, 05:37:58 PM
Reply #2968

School of Science

Two chicken balti pasties for a quid, it doesn't get any bigger than that

Big Sam's loving this  lolol
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 09, 2018, 05:39:58 PM
Reply #2969

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
When Johnson started on his dream to move us to Kirkby (mk1, not the Kenwright one), he was known to say a goal of his was to own all of the amenities around the ground. All the boozers and newsagents and food places were going to be owned by him.

Now, whilst i don't want Moshiri personally doing that - i hope the club itself have the cash flow to be able to invest heavily in that kind of thing.