October 19, 2019, 04:44:49 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473072 times)

July 25, 2018, 07:05:21 PM
Reply #3795

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Yes, I wonder if he would object if Liverpool FC submitted said plans, exactly as is... I wonder....

July 25, 2018, 07:33:02 PM
Reply #3796

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I thought though that the money being 'loaned' to us was mot council money but money that could only be applied for via the council so is in fact not council money and that the interest payments being paid by us to LCC would be the benefit?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 25, 2018, 07:48:25 PM
Reply #3797

Macca77

We won't need any help when Usmanov rocks up at USM FF with a truck full of cash.

Fuck you LCC

July 25, 2018, 08:48:53 PM
Reply #3798

Cereal Killer

I thought though that the money being 'loaned' to us was mot council money but money that could only be applied for via the council so is in fact not council money and that the interest payments being paid by us to LCC would be the benefit?

Yes but that doesn't suit the agendas of the knuckle draggers

July 26, 2018, 12:08:33 AM
Reply #3799

74Blue

Well what are we waiting for? Why are we not raising our objections to phase 2 of the Anfield regeneration that will wipe out a section of Anfield road completely and take over a piece of a PUBLIC park.

Fucking entitled gobshites!

July 26, 2018, 12:26:49 AM
Reply #3800

Bluedylan

I'd rather what benefitted Everton benefitted the City of Liverpool, and vice versa. "Fuck the council" is completely the wrong attitude.

Well said that man. One of the best things about the deal is that it's putting money back into the public coffers, so it gives the detractors no argument or moral high ground and it then promotes the club's desire to work with the city and the community, and sets us apart from the other bellends.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 26, 2018, 02:19:55 AM
Reply #3801

phillyt

Yes but in cold economic terms they are the most expensive seats as they arenít filled.

If it costs an extra £20m (no idea on this) to add 5,000 seats every time theyíre not filled thatís costing us money against the plan to pay it off (eg extra interest on the borrowings that havenít been repaid earlier because we havenít got the money from selling that seat).

Those things will come into consideration.

But surely adding these seats into the initial build will be far cheaper than trying to extend later. A much larger part of our income is prize money/tv money and hospitality. General Attendances only really matter to us fans and as an aesthetic for tv these days. So the cost of not selling these seats is negligible really.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

July 26, 2018, 02:25:03 AM
Reply #3802

Simon Paul

Administrator
But surely adding these seats into the initial build will be far cheaper than trying to extend later. A much larger part of our income is prize money/tv money and hospitality. General Attendances only really matter to us fans and as an aesthetic for tv these days. So the cost of not selling these seats is negligible really.

and that's kind of the point.  Why pay £20m to add those extra seats if nobody but the fans - who have bought the other seats - are the only ones who care anyway?

Build a 41,000 seater stadium and fill it every week at inflated prices makes much more financial (and purely financial) sense than building a 60,000 seater which is empty

I picked 41,000 seater because that's what Juventus built while still winning league titles and then going on to buy Cristiano Ronaldo.  The Stadio del Alpi had a capacity of 69,000.

July 26, 2018, 02:25:10 AM
Reply #3803

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Five thousand extra people means extra parking, means better fire escapes, means more washrooms and food stalls. Itís not just adding a few rows to the top. Foundation is different, slopes and angles of stands change, walkways and staircases change. With stadiums in general it seems you either do 50-60 or 80000 plus.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 26, 2018, 02:25:37 AM
Reply #3804

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The worst idiots are the 61,878 crowd.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 26, 2018, 03:06:13 AM
Reply #3805

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I mean it would be great but itís a bit fantasy land.

July 26, 2018, 03:47:38 AM
Reply #3806

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I mean it would be great but itís a bit fantasy land.

Being 60k+ is great but fantasy land, but making the seats SORT OF match 1878 is like...would it even be a powerful message? It would be an OK marketing gimmick at best and this is one of the biggest considerations of the clubs history - surely canít be thinking about (quite crap) marketing gimmicks at the same time you are talking about era-defining change.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 26, 2018, 04:44:24 AM
Reply #3807

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Never mind the fact the actual last dozen or so seats are variable and change depending on the competition/opponents

July 26, 2018, 04:52:18 AM
Reply #3808

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Why is this even a thing?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 26, 2018, 05:07:41 AM
Reply #3809

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Why is this even a thing?

God Ram, it's the year we were founded. Fucking hell....