October 17, 2019, 07:34:27 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472397 times)

August 13, 2018, 11:49:08 PM
Reply #3945

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Also, you know, being involved in the redevelopment of Old Trafford and the construction of the Etihad is actually kind of relevant experience! (Though I'm absolutely trying to pretend he didn't play a role in the Park End being such a missed opportunity...)

Original PE was just a money thing wasn’t it?

Was only 2 years before that we had some sub 20,000 league gates.

So while yes, I agree it was short sighted I can also see why a conservative approach was taken.

August 14, 2018, 12:23:21 AM
Reply #3946

van der Meyde

Original PE was just a money thing wasn’t it?

So while yes, I agree it was short sighted I can also see why a conservative approach was taken.
A lack of money might excuse the initial build/low capacity.

My understanding is that it wasn't built/designed in such a way that future expansion was factored into the designs though. That's not something that money excuses really.

August 14, 2018, 12:32:27 AM
Reply #3947

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
A lack of money might excuse the initial build/low capacity.

My understanding is that it wasn't built/designed in such a way that future expansion was factored into the designs though. That's not something that money excuses really.

Well to an extent if you are designing and building to a limited budget that may well prevent an option to increase capacity at a later stage, what would you have done in PE, design a two tier stand and just build the one tier that you could afford to finance at the time ? That would have resulted in much lower capacity than we have now.

August 14, 2018, 12:47:30 AM
Reply #3948

Alanvideo

According to the OS ,Everton received £1.3m from the Football Trust towards the cost of the Park End . I don't know what proportion of the total cost that represents but at 1994 prices it was a good subsidy.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 14, 2018, 12:55:28 AM
Reply #3949

phillyt

You may say it's a joke but presumably the transfer window for heads of estates won't open until the grass growing season ends in November?  Half a season of groundsmen struggling out of position until we get a head of estate who can dominate the pitch. Relying on Marcel to go out and find the right man again? Heard we're interested in a loan deal for a promising grass cutter from Barca.

Oh shit I didn’t think of that, who is going to run the estates. Ffs Everton. Moshiri is a clueless fraud.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

August 14, 2018, 01:48:13 AM
Reply #3950

Simon Paul

Administrator
Original PE was just a money thing wasn't it?

"someone" said we didn't deserve a bigger stand. The stand build itself was entirely funded by the grants from the football league following the move to all-seater stadiums.

Everton could have put money towards a bigger stand but the fans didn't deserve it apparently

August 14, 2018, 03:18:32 AM
Reply #3951

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
"someone" said we didn't deserve a bigger stand. The stand build itself was entirely funded by the grants from the football league following the move to all-seater stadiums.

Everton could have put money towards a bigger stand but the fans didn't deserve it apparently

Curious now, who was that “someone”  Johnson ?

August 14, 2018, 03:36:39 AM
Reply #3952

Mayor Farnum

To be fair it was nearly 25 years ago and we're only now looking like we may need a little more capacity.
Something clever written by someone else.

August 14, 2018, 03:47:40 AM
Reply #3953

Simon Paul

Administrator
Curious now, who was that "someone”  Johnson ?
Nope...

August 14, 2018, 03:51:33 AM
Reply #3954

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

August 14, 2018, 03:52:44 AM
Reply #3955

Alanvideo

To be fair it was nearly 25 years ago and we're only now looking like we may need a little more capacity.
.....................  Most games have been sold out over the past 4/5 seasons ,plus you're not taking into account that only obstructed views are available so it puts off ' casual 'supporters. When visitors don't take the Upper section ,which is a decent view , it gets sold to home fans in no time ,proving there is a demand for more capacity.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 14, 2018, 04:32:16 AM
Reply #3956

Cereal Killer

August 14, 2018, 04:37:08 AM
Reply #3957

Jamokachi

At first I bought great we’ve gone out and got our man...

But this guy’s been with us since 2016. the best possible man to head up this development was just chilling in our ‘head of estates’ role, whatever that is, yeah.

And Denise Barrett-Baxendale was in another role at the club prior to being promoted to CEO. She's probably the wrong choice too eh? FFS Everton...

August 14, 2018, 04:46:22 AM
Reply #3958

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
And Denise Barrett-Baxendale was in another role at the club prior to being promoted to CEO. She's probably the wrong choice too eh? FFS Everton...

Getting awfully lucky aren’t we.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 14, 2018, 04:50:12 AM
Reply #3959

Jamokachi

Getting awfully lucky aren’t we.

Are we? Or have we been hiring well for a number of years now?

@Bluedylan accused you of relentless negativity the other day, hard not to agree when you make posts like this. There's no basis to it at all.