October 19, 2019, 02:36:14 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473037 times)

November 14, 2018, 02:52:13 PM
Reply #4020

Jamokachi

November 14, 2018, 03:07:19 PM
Reply #4021

Simon Paul

Administrator
I know there's a lot of bluster to him, but I can well imagine the use of brick in the design given the area and the fact we need to work with UNESCO.

I do know that UNESCO have been satisfied with what they have been told, that's true

November 14, 2018, 03:09:29 PM
Reply #4022

bigmanbob

The NY Mets stadium Citi Field is red brick Iím sure

https://goo.gl/images/JoXu7v
I like that one, it's got a touch of a Colosseum feel about it

November 14, 2018, 03:12:12 PM
Reply #4023

School of Science

I like that one, it's got a touch of a Colosseum feel about it

Just thinking that, Colosseum like, nice looking stadium.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 14, 2018, 03:14:35 PM
Reply #4024

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Aye itís a lovely stadium, feels old and traditional on the outside but modern on the inside. Nice quotes from legends decorate the inside of the colosseum type curve - can very easily imagine it as Colin Harvey or Alan ball!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 14, 2018, 03:40:42 PM
Reply #4025

Bally

Administrator
There was an interview with Anderson on the All Together Now podcast where he let slip that he's seen the draft plans, so they do exist. He also stated that the plans are very sympathetic to the area, given the UNESCO WHS listing. He mentions the use of bricks in the design, so we should maybe expect something a bit more along the lines of the Lucas Oil stadium in Indianapolis, rather than that picture posted on the previous page.

Dan Meis said there was going to be a lot of brick, concrete and Steel used he also said that he would use material sypmpathtic to the surrounding area, Big Gob Joe has said nothing new.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

November 14, 2018, 04:02:04 PM
Reply #4026

Jamokachi

Dan Meis said there was going to be a lot of brick, concrete and Steel used he also said that he would use material sypmpathtic to the surrounding area, Big Gob Joe has said nothing new.

Steel and concrete is a given with any large building. Brick is the interesting inclusion for me.

November 14, 2018, 04:03:19 PM
Reply #4027

Ramjam

I canít see it being red brick for obviously reasons
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

November 14, 2018, 05:08:37 PM
Reply #4028

Jamokachi

I think you're in for a surprise.

November 14, 2018, 05:30:54 PM
Reply #4029

Free Agent

Is it the red or the brick you are taking exception to?
Perhaps a darker shade of sandstone would be better?

November 14, 2018, 08:44:38 PM
Reply #4030

Omar

Am I the only one that doesn't like the Lucas Oil Stadium? It'd horrible.

Ugly and sin.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

November 14, 2018, 09:12:03 PM
Reply #4031

blue1948

I know concrete brick is a bit cheaper!

November 14, 2018, 09:13:45 PM
Reply #4032

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I know I'm biased and I've said it before but if you look at the Wales Millenium Centre in Cardiff Bay and the way the outside of the building has incorporated aspects of the former docks area into its design then I think you have an awesome concept for a stadium. Even the big dome shape is a bit intimidating. Have a look at some of the slides in this link

https://www.sleeperz.com/cardiff/local-info-millennium-centre
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 14, 2018, 09:15:20 PM
Reply #4033

blue1948

I have a really good feeling about big Dan and I know he gets us ,so it is a bit like going to the doctor ,just trust he knows what he is doing and not so bad so far !! The fact he replies to so many twitter posts is so reassuring to my mind .

November 14, 2018, 09:17:06 PM
Reply #4034

blue1948

I know I'm biased and I've said it before but if you look at the Wales Millenium Centre in Cardiff Bay and the way the outside of the building has incorporated aspects of the former docks area into its design then I think you have an awesome concept for a stadium. Even the big dome shape is a bit intimidating. Have a look at some of the slides in this link

https://www.sleeperz.com/cardiff/local-info-millennium-centre

I know there are a lot of Welsh decent people in Liverpool but do you think we can all read Welsh ? Nice link Blodwyn