October 22, 2019, 09:54:23 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 474385 times)

December 20, 2018, 11:55:53 PM
Reply #4140

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Tell you now though, I donít buy this 10k waiting list stuff.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 20, 2018, 11:55:57 PM
Reply #4141

Ross

Not sure how you claim to want to be challenging the top teams and bridging the divide in finances while planning to build a new stadium thatís significantly smaller than the clubs we say we want to compete with.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 20, 2018, 11:56:42 PM
Reply #4142

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not particularly over the moon with 52k, not that I donít think it will be a big improvement, and that deep down think itís maybe realistic given out up and down nature and the fact weíre not the club we were.

Tbh I think this stadium might actually happen now so this represents progress for me!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 20, 2018, 11:58:37 PM
Reply #4143

Gash

Global Moderator
I think it's about right, maybe 2-3k light but the reasons given are perfectly understandable. The club have far more information than we do as to ticket buying habits, waiting lists and general ticket enquiries. We've just over 31k season ticket holders so 41k if everyone on the waiting list takes theirs (they won't for many reasons) so still nearly 11k to go on general sale and we won't give much more than we do now to away fans, we're not going to suddenly sell 21k more. I'd rather we had a 52k sell out every week with a decent atmosphere than scores of empty seats, loads of neutrals just wanting to see a Premier League match and look like the Etihad does most weeks.

I'm more concerned about the design, make sure it's right on top of the pitch and as steep as allowed to keep the fans as close to the game as possible.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 12:02:16 AM by Gash »

December 21, 2018, 12:02:32 AM
Reply #4144

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure how you claim to want to be challenging the top teams and bridging the divide in finances while planning to build a new stadium thatís significantly smaller than the clubs we say we want to compete with.

Because 10k empty seats wont help us catch the clubs above us either.
Stadium generated income is less and less relevant nowadays anyway.

make no mistake, they will have crunched the fuck out of the numbers and 52k will have come out as the number that maximises - to the penny - our profitibility.

December 21, 2018, 12:02:58 AM
Reply #4145

Simon Paul

Administrator
Juventus downsized their stadium didn't they?

December 21, 2018, 12:03:30 AM
Reply #4146

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The big issue they will have is, there are lads out there with unrealistic expectations who think if BM opened at 60k plus it would propel us into top club status. How can we catch those above if we build a new stadium smaller than Anfield or West Ham or whatever.

Stadium revenues are not that big a deal in regards to club revenue. And again, part of it is a vanity thing, not wanting the reds going ahh r big stand is bigger etc.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 21, 2018, 12:03:59 AM
Reply #4147

bluenuck

Juventus downsized their stadium didn't they?
'

Yes. fits less than 50k I believe

December 21, 2018, 12:04:47 AM
Reply #4148

Martip

52k feels 3-5 light to me. I appreciate that they 've calculated using the season ticket waiting list etc but I really think the location alone would be worth 3k per game especially if the team are challenging for European places.

December 21, 2018, 12:09:13 AM
Reply #4149

bluenuck

52k feels 3-5 light to me. I appreciate that they 've calculated using the season ticket waiting list etc but I really think the location alone would be worth 3k per game especially if the team are challenging for European places.

Would going bigger effect their budget for signing and buying players to challenge for European spots?

December 21, 2018, 12:12:12 AM
Reply #4150

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting Q but has any prem club managed to build a new stadium *Without* it impacting their transfers and or league form?

December 21, 2018, 12:13:54 AM
Reply #4151

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting Q but has any prem club managed to build a new stadium *Without* it impacting their transfers and or league form?

spurs
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

December 21, 2018, 12:15:24 AM
Reply #4152

Martip

Would going bigger effect their budget for signing and buying players to challenge for European spots?
The million dollar question I suppose. I just think you should have confidence in your manager and dof to be able to balance things just as potch has at spurs. 

I really hope we make it a state of the art stadium and don't try and cut corners. The club, fans and location deserve it.

December 21, 2018, 12:16:02 AM
Reply #4153

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
spurs

Isnít the narrative that they have no money for signings tho?

Like luckily theyíre very bloody good, but I thought the purse strings had been pulled a bit?

December 21, 2018, 12:16:09 AM
Reply #4154

Bluedylan

We're moving to increase revenues, are we not? There's other reasons that come into it (modernising, Goodison's decline), but ultimately the move is to improve our financial strength. So by going for the low end, are we not then limiting our financial growth?

The 62k expansion thing is a bit of a distraction thing, because they know a lot of people won't be happy with 52k. If it's going to be 52k, it'll be that for a long time. Whether it expands to 62k in 2040 or 2050 or whatever is largely irrelevant.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.