October 22, 2019, 07:46:45 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 474340 times)

December 21, 2018, 01:44:41 AM
Reply #4185

Gash

Global Moderator
Other clubs ability to earn more money should be a massive concern. It’s no coincidence that clubs with higher capacities have great ability to generate more match day income than us, and that’ll always be the case if we don’t at least try and match them at some point.

No its not a massive concern, most of the clubs with higher capacities are making it through being bigger, more successful clubs so able to charge more and get better sponsorship deals, are in London, or as in the the old White Hart Lane made a fortune off all the corporate hospitality. Spurs had a smaller ground capacity but thanks to London prices, decent sponsorship deals and lots of corporate boxes were comfortably turning over more money than us. Basic bums on seats don't make the big difference to clubs ability to make money and the club will have worked all this out before deciding on the capacity.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 01:47:45 AM by Gash »

December 21, 2018, 02:07:13 AM
Reply #4186

Ross

:cheers:
No its not a massive concern, most of the clubs with higher capacities are making it through being bigger, more successful clubs so able to charge more and get better sponsorship deals, are in London, or as in the the old White Hart Lane made a fortune off all the corporate hospitality. Spurs had a smaller ground capacity but thanks to London prices, decent sponsorship deals and lots of corporate boxes were comfortably turning over more money than us. Basic bums on seats don't make the big difference to clubs ability to make money and the club will have worked all this out before deciding on the capacity.

When Spurs finally decided on rebuilding WHL 4/5 years ago we were their equals pretty much on and off the pitch there’s now a massive gap between us and them. Unless we look to close that gap ourselves with forward ambitions planning we’ll never succeed, in fact it’s only likely to increase. None of the clubs above us are likely to regress we need to improve ourselves and having a stadium that matches the top teams is part of that.

Ambition shouldnt be something we fear we shouldn’t simply accept our position below these clubs because we won’t just stagnant we’ll fall back and be over taken eventually.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 21, 2018, 02:08:07 AM
Reply #4187

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You don’t catch people up by putting in more seats my mate.

More seats might be needed if we catch up.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 21, 2018, 02:17:27 AM
Reply #4188

Ross

You don’t catch people up by putting in more seats my mate.

More seats might be needed if we catch up.

Perceptions key.

You can’t go round telling everybody you want to be challenging the big boys when your building a stadium that’s only pulling you on par with mid table rivals or ambitions upstarts.

And again why not plan to be successful? Why just accept what we are now? What we’re capable of now?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 21, 2018, 02:25:08 AM
Reply #4189

bluenuck

We're building a state of the art 200+ million pound stadium and people are complaining about 3-8k friggin seats.

December 21, 2018, 02:55:47 AM
Reply #4190

toshyboy

Much rather they deliver a 52000 waterfront stadium, than promise 60-6500 and it fall on its arse a la kings dock.

at the end of the day it’s still a massive step up from Goodison, in terms of capacity and facilities.

It’s not the capacity of the stadium that creates the atmosphere, it’s how full it is.

Can’t believe people genuinely think we will fill 60,000 plus. The tickets aren’t gonna be as cheap as Goodison

December 21, 2018, 03:03:04 AM
Reply #4191

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Heads falling off over how it’s 3k less than we expected lolol

Evertonians are fucking amazing and I would have them any other way 😆

December 21, 2018, 03:04:57 AM
Reply #4192

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think there’s an argument that the atmosphere could be improved by removing a few thousand tbh
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:44:02 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 21, 2018, 03:16:07 AM
Reply #4193

D15TIN

Much rather they deliver a 52000 waterfront stadium, than promise 60-6500 and it fall on its arse a la kings dock.

at the end of the day it’s still a massive step up from Goodison, in terms of capacity and facilities.

It’s not the capacity of the stadium that creates the atmosphere, it’s how full it is.

Can’t believe people genuinely think we will fill 60,000 plus. The tickets aren’t gonna be as cheap as Goodison
Tickets should remain around the same price if they want the ground full

December 21, 2018, 03:37:15 AM
Reply #4194

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Tickets should remain around the same price if they want the ground full

You’d expect they’d be more in line with the PE as opposed to Gwladys St.

Otherwise, yes I’d imagine they’d be similar.

Income increases will come from more hospitality seats etc.

December 21, 2018, 03:39:24 AM
Reply #4195

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If there was zero chance of expansion I’d agree it’d be a bit low, ambition wise.

As it is, if we do well over a number of years, we’ll have a) the need and b) the means to do so.

December 21, 2018, 03:40:24 AM
Reply #4196

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We’re not as big a club as some of our fans seem to think.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 21, 2018, 03:51:05 AM
Reply #4197

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I can't hide my disappointment about this at all

Didnt mean to like that, what the fuck did you think we would get ? 52,000 with an option to upgrade to 62000 is absolutely perfect .

December 21, 2018, 03:56:04 AM
Reply #4198

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
When Spurs finally decided on rebuilding WHL 4/5 years ago we were their equals pretty much on and off the pitch there’s now a massive gap between us and them. Unless we look to close that gap ourselves with forward ambitions planning we’ll never succeed, in fact it’s only likely to increase. None of the clubs above us are likely to regress we need to improve ourselves and having a stadium that matches the top teams is part of that.

Ambition shouldnt be something we fear we shouldn’t simply accept our position below these clubs because we won’t just stagnant we’ll fall back and be over taken eventually.

Oh again, no way did I mean to like that, meant to say you are so deluded it’s embarrassing.

December 21, 2018, 04:00:13 AM
Reply #4199

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Won’t we have the same capacity as Man City near enough, and the shite, oh and more than Chelsea.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown