October 17, 2019, 09:31:27 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472212 times)

December 21, 2018, 04:06:40 AM
Reply #4200

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yes we will have the same capacity as Man City who btw never fill their stadium apart from two matches .

December 21, 2018, 04:25:08 AM
Reply #4201

Ross

Oh again, no way did I mean to like that, meant to say you are so deluded itís embarrassing.

Whatís actually ďdeludedĒ or ďembarrassingĒ sausage fingers?

Wonít we have the same capacity as Man City near enough, and the shite, oh and more than Chelsea.

All of which are looking to expand though arenít they? City looking to expand, Shite looking to expand and Chelsea looking to expand, and both City and the shite already have bigger capacities now than we actually would if this happens.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 04:35:57 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 21, 2018, 04:40:02 AM
Reply #4202

Alanvideo

We have 32,000 STH's 
Assume the 10,000 on the list become STH's .
Allow say 4,000 for away fans
General sale 6,000
Total = 52,000.
Looks about right to me.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 21, 2018, 04:40:21 AM
Reply #4203

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Whatís actually ďdeludedĒ or ďembarrassingĒ sausage fingers?

All of which are looking to expand arenít they? City looking to expand, Shite looking to expand and Chelsea looking to expand, and both City Andy the shite are already have bigger capacity than now than we actually would if this happens.

And we will be expanding should the demand be there.

Iíll give you the options here and tell me what you would rather want.

1. Expanding on your original ground because the owners promise of a new state of the art stadium fell through. In twenty to thirty years time Anfield will be very dated.

2. Have a glorified athletics stadium as your ground that you struggle to fill at the best of times.

3. Become the first club from outside of London in absolute years to build a new, state of the art, purpose built football ground that will be up to date with the modern age, in a location that can become one of the most desirable places in Europe should all the developments come to pass.

I know what Iíd rather have. A 56k seater, 120 year old ground in breck road, an athletics stadium that we struggle to fill, or a brand new ground on the edge of the city centre, ready to kick Everton into the modern age.

No brainer. When this is built weíll be the envy of a lot of people.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 21, 2018, 04:43:19 AM
Reply #4204

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We have 32,000 STH's 
Assume the 10,000 on the list become STH's .
Allow say 4,000 for away fans
General sale 6,000
Total = 52,000.
Looks about right to me.

That waiting list figure is such bollocks

Itís not even a proper waiting list for one.

Weíve had it for about 18 months and over that time itís ammased ten thousand people? Nah, not having it. I was on it for about two weeks before being offered a ticket.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 21, 2018, 04:52:18 AM
Reply #4205

Ross

And we will be expanding should the demand be there.

Iíll give you the options here and tell me what you would rather want.

1. Expanding on your original ground because the owners promise of a new state of the art stadium fell through. In twenty to thirty years time Anfield will be very dated.

2. Have a glorified athletics stadium as your ground that you struggle to fill at the best of times.

3. Become the first club from outside of London in absolute years to build a new, state of the art, purpose built football ground that will be up to date with the modern age, in a location that can become one of the most desirable places in Europe should all the developments come to pass.

I know what Iíd rather have. A 56k seater, 120 year old ground in breck road, an athletics stadium that we struggle to fill, or a brand new ground on the edge of the city centre, ready to kick Everton into the modern age.

No brainer. When this is built weíll be the envy of a lot of people.

On the recent survey (I canít remember the exact question or options) but how did you vote when asked this?

I also really doubt the likes of Utd, Spurs, Arsenal, City or a few others will cast an envious look our way if itís 52k to be honest. They might admire its shiny new facade but much like Iím nonplused about how good Spurs new stadium will be it hardly be of consequence until the money starts rolling in. The most important point here isnít the ascetics itís the capability to generate revenue and to stop being left behind.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 21, 2018, 04:52:24 AM
Reply #4206

Gash

Global Moderator
:cheers:
When Spurs finally decided on rebuilding WHL 4/5 years ago we were their equals pretty much on and off the pitch thereís now a massive gap between us and them. Unless we look to close that gap ourselves with forward ambitions planning weíll never succeed, in fact itís only likely to increase. None of the clubs above us are likely to regress we need to improve ourselves and having a stadium that matches the top teams is part of that.

Ambition shouldnt be something we fear we shouldnít simply accept our position below these clubs because we wonít just stagnant weíll fall back and be over taken eventually.

Around 2012/13 their turnover was nearly double ours, it was for a long time before and it still is and since then we've finished above them once, that's about six of those years they've been at White Hart Lane. They are proof that bums on seats aren't going to take us to the next level and that you need a lot more than that. Having a 62k seat stadium isn't going to be the holly grail to challenge the clubs above us.

There's six (seven when Spurs finally open) club stadiums that have more than 52k capacity, Newcastle, one club city who have won nothing for over half a century, West Ham, gifted a shite stadium with no atmosphere. After that you've Anfield, The Emirates, The Etihad and Old Trafford, all have have had recent success and two of those four still can't fill 55-60 seater stadiums despite being long established, well supported, (even Premier League winning clubs) traditional English top flight clubs just like us. Having less seats doesn't show "fear" of ambition and doesn't mean we are "below" them.

December 21, 2018, 04:59:17 AM
Reply #4207

Macca77

Didnt mean to like that, what the fuck did you think we would get ? 52,000 with an option to upgrade to 62000 is absolutely perfect .

55 minimum, I mean excuse me for being silly in thinking we could fill 55K stadium every other week

December 21, 2018, 05:01:29 AM
Reply #4208

Ross

Around 2012/13 their turnover was nearly double ours, it was for a long time before and it still is and since then we've finished above them once, that's about six of those years they've been at White Hart Lane. They are proof that bums on seats aren't going to take us to the next level and that you need a lot more than that. Having a 62k seat stadium isn't going to be the holly grail to challenge the clubs above us.

There's six (seven when Spurs finally open) club stadiums that have more than 52k capacity, Newcastle, one club city who have won nothing for over half a century, West Ham, gifted a shite stadium with no atmosphere. After that you've Anfield, The Emirates, The Etihad and Old Trafford, all have have had recent success and two of those four still can't fill 55-60 seater stadiums despite being long established, well supported, (even Premier League winning clubs) traditional English top flight clubs just like us. Having less seats doesn't show "fear" of ambition and doesn't mean we are "below" them.

It was a £60m difference in turnover between us and Spurs and that was the year Bale joined RM for £85m I believe.

December 21, 2018, 05:21:37 AM
Reply #4209

Gash

Global Moderator
It was a £60m difference in turnover between us and Spurs and that was the year Bale joined RM for £85m I believe.

No, Bale didn't leave until September 2013, a full year after that. Even allowing for that year they blew it all on incoming players anyway but have still easily outperformed us in turnover before and after the Bale money. It's such a weak argument you're making.

December 21, 2018, 05:29:08 AM
Reply #4210

Ross

No, Bale didn't leave until September 2013, a full year after that. Even allowing for that year they blew it all on incoming players anyway but have still easily outperformed us in turnover before and after the Bale money. It's such a weak argument you're making.

Forgive me I got the financial year wrong. That year before Spurs brought in roughly £65m.

You should actually brush up on the difference between profit and turnover as well, its not a weak argument in any way. The added transfer income would have clearly boosted Spurs turnover for that year.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 05:31:23 AM by Ross »

December 21, 2018, 05:39:45 AM
Reply #4211

Gash

Global Moderator
Forgive me I hit the year wrong. The year before Spurs brought in roughly £65m.

You should actually brush up on the difference between profit and turnover as well, its not a weak argument in any way. The added transfer income boosted Spurs turnover for the year.

I'm well aware of the difference between profit and turnover. You're the one making the point about less seats being a fear of ambition, more seats doesn't mean more turnover or profit if they aren't filled. I've put across the point about the clubs above us who have bigger stadiums and you skipped over all that and started to talk about Gareth Bale which is only a small part of the whole comparison to Spurs and other clubs.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 05:53:18 AM by Gash »

December 21, 2018, 05:56:31 AM
Reply #4212

Ross

I'm well aware of the difference between profit and turnover. Your the one making the point about less seats being a fear of ambition, more seats doesn't mean more turnover or profit if they aren't filled. I've put across the point about the clubs above us who have bigger stadiums and you skipped over all that and started to talk about Gareth Bale which is only a small part of the whole comparison to Spurs and other clubs.

You brought turnover up not me hence the reference to Bale, not a great leap to make really. I said we were pretty much on par with Spurs around the time they decided to think big and are seemingly crossing the divide to the top clubs. I said we need to do something similar and by not being ambitious enough well never break through actually.

Thereís actually many comparison between where we are now and where Spurs where at the same point. Be it attendance figures, finances and positions in the the league. Theyíve been brave at a time weíre being timid thatís the biggest difference.

December 21, 2018, 06:21:02 AM
Reply #4213

bluenuck

On the recent survey (I canít remember the exact question or options) but how did you vote when asked this?

I also really doubt the likes of Utd, Spurs, Arsenal, City or a few others will cast an envious look our way if itís 52k to be honest. They might admire its shiny new facade but much like Iím nonplused about how good Spurs new stadium will be it hardly be of consequence until the money starts rolling in. The most important point here isnít the ascetics itís the capability to generate revenue and to stop being left behind.

Love the ambition. Really do. But youíre Not having perspective here mate.

You want us to be catching the likes of city spurs and arsenal all in one shot.

Sometimes the business mind has to win over the sporting heart. Maybe we will stretch ourselves to thin if we go to 62k right away? Lots of factors at work here

December 21, 2018, 06:23:07 AM
Reply #4214

van der Meyde

Those problems with EH and crowd dispersal arenít going to go away in the future though are they. In fact if the area gets developed like Peel having been saying gaining planning permission to increase the capacity in the future will only be tougher.
No, you're right, it's kick it down the road.

Fact remains that it's not currently affordable for us to build a substantially larger stadium on that particular site.

The merits of a 52k seater on the docks vs a 55k or a 60k seater elsewhere is a different argument.