October 23, 2019, 07:22:37 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 474559 times)

December 21, 2018, 05:25:17 PM
Reply #4245

Bingham Boy

Rail seats are now permitted:-

Safe Standing Update

December 2018

Rail seats allowed

New Green Guide sets out the rules

Seats with barriers compliant with all-seater policy

The Sports Ground Safety Authority has now published the long-awaited new edition of the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds, also known as the Green Guide.

Within the 'Spectator Accommodation - Seating' section of the Guide there is, for the first time, a sub-section on what the SGSA call 'seats incorporating barriers' and 'seats with independent barriers'.

Following publication of the Guide, the SGSA has also confirmed that it is possible, subject to certain provisos, e.g. Safety Advisory Group approval and an agreed management plan for the area concerned, for grounds that include seats incorporating barriers within their provision of exclusively seated accommodation to be licensed as compliant with the all-seater policy.

This gives all clubs with all-seater stadia the opportunity to enhance spectator safety in this way in areas of their ground where more active supporters are inclined to stay on their feet throughout extended moments of excitement, rather than sit passively in their seat for the full 90 minutes. It also enables clubs to get such areas of their grounds ready to be operated formally as standing areas as and when government policy allows and ready to take advantage of any future potential for increasing capacity in such areas.

In addition to these opportunities, there are, however, also risks. In some scenarios it is possible that capacity will be reduced.

December 21, 2018, 05:32:40 PM
Reply #4246

Alanvideo

The club have put seats on stubhub themselves in the past. Blocks of twenty together...
................Yes I wouldn't doubt it.  Earlier this season there were blocks of 8 or 12 seats available in the Top Balcony and elsewhere  ,all at the same price about £52 ,regardless of category. I queried it and got a load of waffle back from the club.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 21, 2018, 05:41:01 PM
Reply #4247

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
ready to be operated formally as standing areas as and when government policy allows

Very specific language here. It's nigh on guaranteed and this is just a box-ticking exercise to appease those against it.

Quote from: Bingham Boy
and ready to take advantage of any future potential for increasing capacity in such areas.
This is genuinely new news. Everything official so far has indicated that this would be actively banned. Happy to hear that this isnt the case (and seeing as the club would have known about this before yesterday, it now may well mean that some of that extra 10k is with this in mind)

Quote from: Bingham Boy
In some scenarios it is possible that capacity will be reduced.
So won't be seeing this half-way house at Goodison then?

December 21, 2018, 05:54:39 PM
Reply #4248

Bingham Boy

Very specific language here. It's nigh on guaranteed and this is just a box-ticking exercise to appease those against it.
This is genuinely new news. Everything official so far has indicated that this would be actively banned. Happy to hear that this isnt the case (and seeing as the club would have known about this before yesterday, it now may well mean that some of that extra 10k is with this in mind)
So won't be seeing this half-way house at Goodison then?

Forgot to say. Those words are copied and pasted from an email from the safe standing Campaign roadshow, so they're not my own, as it was an email I couldn't link.

Anyway, good spot over the timing of this extra 10k. You may be onto something there. Time will tell of course.

I do remember that Meis was saying that the most BMD could fit was just over 60k. It's not just physical space for seats to fit in but also egress routes, facilities etc. 

December 21, 2018, 06:29:39 PM
Reply #4249

Bluenose 91

As long as it's built well with fans close to the pitch etc then the capacity won't even matter that much anyway.

52k is a sound, sensible starting point.

December 21, 2018, 06:41:52 PM
Reply #4250

Crackling

NSNO Subscriber
If we're going to have a proper comparison with Spurs, can someone look at increasing the capacity of Merseyside to match the London population?

Thanks.

December 21, 2018, 06:42:51 PM
Reply #4251

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The club have put seats on stubhub themselves in the past. Blocks of twenty together...

Just had a look on Stub Hub Bournmouth game, there are blocks of 8,9, and 10 all over the place ?

December 21, 2018, 06:50:49 PM
Reply #4252

Alanvideo

Just had a look on Stub Hub Bournmouth game, there are blocks of 8,9, and 10 all over the place ?
..................e.g. TB 1 row 0 10 to 25 all at £49-14.
See my reply to @Simon Paul earlier.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 21, 2018, 06:59:40 PM
Reply #4253

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
..................e.g. TB 1 row 0 10 to 25 all at £49-14.
See my reply to @Simon Paul earlier.

Just saw it, so does anyone have any theories why the club would do this ?

December 21, 2018, 07:20:09 PM
Reply #4254

Simon Paul

Administrator

that'll be the club

there is clearly something in the contract with Stubhub that guarantees a certain number of seats being sold through them per game

this also helps perpetuate the "sold out every game" story

December 21, 2018, 07:26:24 PM
Reply #4255

Ross

Would it be 'brave' for us to look to bridge that gap by charging £1000+ for a season ticket like Spurs do?  Surely us only charging £450 is us fearing ambition because if we believed in ourselves then our stand would pay.

If 52k was the max then it would lack ambition.  52k with plans and designs in place to increase to 62k 'if demand requires it' isn't small time at all, it's just being smart.

Your being very naive if you think the price of a season ticket at BMD will be the same price as a season ticket at Goodison, be it 52k capacity 55, 58 or 60+.

The reason turnover and profit was brought up was because you seem to think a bigger stadium with more seats automatically means we'd have more of both, it's been pointed out that's not correct and that despite having a smaller capacity Spurs have generated far more revenue than we have over the last 10-15 years or so.

There's also absolutely nothing timid in what we're trying to do.

Again Iíve not mentioned profit anywhere so how you come to the conclusion about me equating more seats with bigger profit is beyond me.

If we're going to have a proper comparison with Spurs, can someone look at increasing the capacity of Merseyside to match the London population?

Thanks.

Obviously London will be significantly higher as it no doubt always has been. But itís not really relevant because our supporter base isnít exclusive to Liverpool.

So if we want to grow as a football club we need to realise that simply marketing ourselves to the Liverpool area and ignoring the market beyond will see us fall further down the pecking order than we currently are.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 21, 2018, 07:31:11 PM
Reply #4256

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Your being very naive if you think the price of a season ticket at BMD will be the same price as a season ticket at Goodison, be it 52k capacity 55, 58 or 60+.

Have read this a dozen times and canít for the life of me see where on earth he suggests the price of a season ticket at BMD should be the same price as at Goodison, maybe Iím naive ?

Again Iíve not mentioned profit anywhere so how you come to the conclusion about me equating more seats with bigger profit is beyond me.

Obviously London will be significantly higher as it no doubt always has been. But itís not really relevant because our supporter base isnít exclusive to Liverpool.

So if we want to grow as a football club we need to realise that simply marketing ourselves to the Liverpool area and ignoring the market beyond will see us fall further down the pecking order than we currently are.

December 21, 2018, 08:44:59 PM
Reply #4257

Cereal Killer

Reading all that, there's some genuinely miserable, bitter people who seem to actually detest anything the club does, seems they'd be happy if it all went a bit Leeds just so they can say 'I told you so'

December 21, 2018, 08:52:36 PM
Reply #4258

TheTone

Only matters if the 14 lads on the internet are happy

December 21, 2018, 09:03:11 PM
Reply #4259

Gash

Global Moderator

It's all linked together, profit, turnover, revenue etc, call it what you like. It's you that made the initial point that 52k will mean that we can't 'bridge the financial divide' to bigger clubs.

Not sure how you claim to want to be challenging the top teams and bridging the divide in finances while planning to build a new stadium thatís significantly smaller than the clubs we say we want to compete with.

You mentioned money here as well.

Other clubs ability to earn more money should be a massive concern. Itís no coincidence that clubs with higher capacities have great ability to generate more match day income than us, and thatíll always be the case if we donít at least try and match them at some point.

And here.

The most important point here isnít the ascetics itís the capability to generate revenue and to stop being left behind.

You've got yourself convinced that more seats mean more income for the club when it's been pointed out it's not as simple as that. The club will have looked at the benefits and costs of going to other capacities between 52k and 62k, all their data has obviously concluded that 52k is the cut off point between cost v income potential and that anything above that, at this time would not be economically sensible to do. That doesn't mean we "fear ambition or are "timid" it means we've done things properly and looked into all the pros and cons before making the decision.