November 16, 2019, 12:22:27 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 482279 times)

December 21, 2018, 09:35:50 PM
Reply #4260

Waltzer

It's all linked together, profit, turnover, revenue etc, call it what you like. It's you that made the initial point that 52k will mean that we can't 'bridge the financial divide' to bigger clubs.

You mentioned money here as well.

And here.

You've got yourself convinced that more seats mean more income for the club when it's been pointed out it's not as simple as that. The club will have looked at the benefits and costs of going to other capacities between 52k and 62k, all their data has obviously concluded that 52k is the cut off point between cost v income potential and that anything above that, at this time would not be economically sensible to do. That doesn't mean we "fear ambition or are "timid" it means we've done things properly and looked into all the pros and cons before making the decision.

I get what your saying, but theres also a case for do it right and do it once, lets say BM sells out every week and we then need to upscale, that'll mean closing at least 1 side of the stadium for a good year, crap atmosphere while its closed, disgruntled fans etc. I personally think 62k is probably too big and 52k a little the other way.
The one biggish issue I have with this is Meis tweets etc saying 'look at the miles in my car, it says 62,178', its pointless and slightly irritating when large majorities wanted that number only to then be told its 10k short.

December 21, 2018, 09:57:54 PM
Reply #4261

Gash

Global Moderator
I get what your saying, but theres also a case for do it right and do it once, lets say BM sells out every week and we then need to upscale, that'll mean closing at least 1 side of the stadium for a good year, crap atmosphere while its closed, disgruntled fans etc. I personally think 62k is probably too big and 52k a little the other way.
The one biggish issue I have with this is Meis tweets etc saying 'look at the miles in my car, it says 62,178', its pointless and slightly irritating when large majorities wanted that number only to then be told its 10k short.

Yeah, I get the case for doing it right and doing it once. I just think that club will have carried out all sorts of studies, gathered lots of data (there will be factors that us 'outsiders' wouldn't even consider) and fully researched everything to come to the figure. They won't have taken it lightly and 52k must be the optimum figure where we can still make money and not get to the stage where the cost outweighs the benefit.

I'm no architect either but I think if it's done right then the increase will also be able to be done with the minimum of disruption. We'll only know that when the designs come out but I'd imagine it could easily be 2,500 seats at a time rather than having to do all 10k at once.

December 21, 2018, 09:59:16 PM
Reply #4262

Alanvideo

..................not sure anyone wanted 62,178 mate ?  ???
Seriously though ,Meis gave enough hints that the higher capacity wasn't going to happen.  He even said at St.Lukes that the last 10,000 seats were the most expensive .
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 21, 2018, 11:49:58 PM
Reply #4263

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
It was someone tweeting Meis saying look at the odometer. It was 61878 (get it? Get it? It's like, the year we were founded with a 6 in front of it. Get it? How clever and funny is it? Hey? Hey?

Meis just laughed at the tweet.

In fact, I want less than 52k now I've been reminded of that fucking shite excuse for the capacity.

Knock some off and make it 51878 to please the cunts who dreamt that up.

December 22, 2018, 09:44:24 PM
Reply #4264

blue1948

It will be interesting to see as they have told of constrictions due to the site and now they are doing 52000 with the chance of 62000 if needed .He is certainly using his magic is our Dan .To simply add on to the structure ,the foundations and the skeleton of the 52000 must be able to carry it and that is without any new regulations coming in .So in my opinion it is 52000 for as long as I am alive and then I won't give a rat's arse .

December 22, 2018, 09:58:04 PM
Reply #4265

Bluedylan

I imagine Meis (or any architect designing such an iconic structure) doesn't want his final creation changing or expanding.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 22, 2018, 10:24:26 PM
Reply #4266

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It will be interesting to see as they have told of constrictions due to the site and now they are doing 52000 with the chance of 62000 if needed .He is certainly using his magic is our Dan .To simply add on to the structure ,the foundations and the skeleton of the 52000 must be able to carry it and that is without any new regulations coming in .So in my opinion it is 52000 for as long as I am alive and then I won't give a rat's arse .

Itís not at all inconceivable that the structural design/foundations can be so that an additional tier or whatever could not be added at a later date, not saying it will be just saying itís not impossible.

December 23, 2018, 12:15:11 PM
Reply #4267

blue1948

Itís not at all inconceivable that the structural design/foundations can be so that an additional tier or whatever could not be added at a later date, not saying it will be just saying itís not impossible.
Is that not what I said?

December 23, 2018, 01:01:12 PM
Reply #4268

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Simple economics here people. Make the stadium big enough to increase capacity substantially. 13 000 extra people is 33% increase already. If you keep people wanting to get in, you can raise the price of a ticket. Supply and demand in full force.

Now letís do the math. Say a ticket costs £40 currently. 39000 people in Goodison thatís ticket revenue of £1.56M.

To fill a 55 000 stadium consistently they likely wonít be able to raise ticket prices much. And thus ticket revenue at £40 per seat would be £2.2M per match.

If they made a stadium at 50000 seats and could charge £5 per seat more than current as they demand will be greater and seat availaibilty more limited they will increase match day ticket revenue to £2.25M per game.

With 52000 seats that match day revenue is 2.35M. So getting that sweet number that allows increase demand to outweigh the  increased supply means increased revenue at much lower capital outlay.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 23, 2018, 01:03:47 PM
Reply #4269

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

December 23, 2018, 03:33:02 PM
Reply #4270

Ramjam

Simple economics here people. Make the stadium big enough to increase capacity substantially. 13 000 extra people is 33% increase already. If you keep people wanting to get in, you can raise the price of a ticket. Supply and demand in full force.

Now let's do the math. Say a ticket costs £40 currently. 39000 people in Goodison that's ticket revenue of £1.56M.

To fill a 55 000 stadium consistently they likely won't be able to raise ticket prices much. And thus ticket revenue at £40 per seat would be £2.2M per match.

If they made a stadium at 50000 seats and could charge £5 per seat more than current as they demand will be greater and seat availaibilty more limited they will increase match day ticket revenue to £2.25M per game.

With 52000 seats that match day revenue is 2.35M. So getting that sweet number that allows increase demand to outweigh the  increased supply means increased revenue at much lower capital outlay.
Providing the team on the pitch is successful
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

December 23, 2018, 03:41:28 PM
Reply #4271

blue1948

No, not at all.
"
"To simply add on to the structure ,the foundations and the skeleton of the 52000 must be able to carry it and that is without any new regulations coming in " is what I said .So I beg to differ .

December 23, 2018, 03:47:56 PM
Reply #4272

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
"
"To simply add on to the structure ,the foundations and the skeleton of the 52000 must be able to carry it and that is without any new regulations coming in " is what I said .So I beg to differ .

It was the suggestion that it will never happen within your lifetime that sounded as though you thought it was not feasible, wishing you a long and happy life  :)

December 23, 2018, 03:51:26 PM
Reply #4273

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Now letís do the math. Say a ticket costs £40 currently. 39000 people in Goodison thatís ticket revenue of £1.56M.

To fill a 55 000 stadium consistently they likely wonít be able to raise ticket prices much. And thus ticket revenue at £40 per seat would be £2.2M per match.

The math is a bit out there Con, we have thirty thousand season ticket holders which nowhere near equates to £40, some concessions generate more like £12 per seat (kids)  and we have a large percentage of over 65ís paying about £15 per seat.

December 23, 2018, 03:52:24 PM
Reply #4274

dchans

Watching MOTD and the empty seats at West Ham and Arsenal look terrible

Rather sell out every week at 52k than have a load of spaces around the ground
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...