October 18, 2019, 06:37:35 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472741 times)

June 28, 2019, 01:04:25 AM
Reply #4440

D15TIN

if you fancy a laugh look at the Unesco HQ, looks like a call centre - not exactly heritage etc

June 28, 2019, 01:13:49 AM
Reply #4441

Alanvideo

Liverpool has more listed buildings (c.2,500 ) than anywhere outside that London. Plenty of people appreciate the architectural heritage and we shouldn't forget that but the removal of World Heritage status would make no difference to visitor numbers.
I first came to Liverpool in about 1980 when most of the waterfront and Paradise St. area looked as bad as BMD looks now. Years of investment in new buildings and restoration of selected old ones has produced a vibrant city.  LCC and Peel are strong enough to resist any pressure from UNESCO.
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 28, 2019, 01:15:17 AM
Reply #4442

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Word is thereís a few things that are causing delay.

1. Heritage status. UNESCO and the council are flapping.

2. Cobbled streets impacting disabled access.

3. Merseyrail saying no to another station inbetween moorfields and Sandhills.

Itís a very complex project which will come with its complications.

Itís happening like and weíll find out way round those problems.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 28, 2019, 01:21:21 AM
Reply #4443

D15TIN

Good to read the Chairman of the Liverpool Visitor Economy Network backs the new stadium, saying it will breathe new life into a derelict area

This will happen, im pretty confident - why a sewage plant is acceptable but a world class stadium isn't is beyond belief.

June 28, 2019, 01:38:39 AM
Reply #4444

Alanvideo

Good to read the Chairman of the Liverpool Visitor Economy Network backs the new stadium, saying it will breathe new life into a derelict area

This will happen, im pretty confident - why a sewage plant is acceptable but a world class stadium isn't is beyond belief.
................know what you mean but the sewage plant is essential and  happens to be just outside the conservation area. From what I've read Peel are backing the stadium as it ' bookends' their development ,i.e. nobody wants to live next door to a sewage works.

June 28, 2019, 01:44:28 AM
Reply #4445

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 28, 2019, 02:09:51 AM
Reply #4447

Macca77

Move along, nothing to see here

June 28, 2019, 02:24:22 AM
Reply #4448

Macca77

I will say this like...

The pricks across the park wouldn't have this much bother, seriously

June 28, 2019, 02:41:18 AM
Reply #4449

D15TIN

notice Everton/the echo immediately put that news story about the rail seating out there, good that

June 28, 2019, 02:58:34 AM
Reply #4450

Alanvideo

It's a great idea and speaking as someone on the wrong side of 60 I'd sooner lean on a rail than bob up and down from my seat. Could they pipe ale through the rail and give everyone a metered tap ?

June 28, 2019, 04:31:13 AM
Reply #4451

Jamokachi

June 28, 2019, 04:35:40 AM
Reply #4452

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How?

Well not odd, it must just be like as said above they've pushed that snippet of info out after the UNESCO stuff, right?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 28, 2019, 05:07:52 AM
Reply #4453

Paddockoldie

................know what you mean but the sewage plant is essential and  happens to be just outside the conservation area. From what I've read Peel are backing the stadium as it ' bookends' their development ,i.e. nobody wants to live next door to a sewage works.

Explains the compulsory purchase of those streets around Annfield.

June 28, 2019, 05:40:33 AM
Reply #4454

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
It's a great idea and speaking as someone on the wrong side of 60 I'd sooner lean on a rail than bob up and down from my seat. Could they pipe ale through the rail and give everyone a metered tap ?

Been a terrace boy all my life - albeit rugby. Love it
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: