October 21, 2019, 10:17:44 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473896 times)

June 28, 2019, 10:49:51 AM
Reply #4455

Jamokachi

Well not odd, it must just be like as said above they've pushed that snippet of info out after the UNESCO stuff, right?

Maybe, bit of positive reinforcement of the project happening. Like the article says though, there’s meetings and consultations going on so whenever there’s new, interesting news it’ll be picked up on. I would think.

June 28, 2019, 12:25:17 PM
Reply #4456

blue1948

It's a great idea and speaking as someone on the wrong side of 60 I'd sooner lean on a rail than bob up and down from my seat. Could they pipe ale through the rail and give everyone a metered tap ?
And a piss pot .

June 28, 2019, 01:59:45 PM
Reply #4457

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Mad the way joe Anderson is allowed to go round town, knocking down public parks for a couple of student flats, yet the blues want to build a new stadium on a derelict site and it’s a travesty?

We’re literally turning hundred year old warehouses into luxury apartments right across the road. What’s the issue with this like?

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 28, 2019, 02:21:25 PM
Reply #4458

sam of the south

Mad the way joe Anderson is allowed to go round town, knocking down public parks for a couple of student flats, yet the blues want to build a new stadium on a derelict site and it’s a travesty?

We’re literally turning hundred year old warehouses into luxury apartments right across the road. What’s the issue with this like?

We’re inconvenient
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

June 28, 2019, 03:02:28 PM
Reply #4459

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
This isn't about us lads.

Unesco have been sniping at Peel about this from day one, long before we were involved.
Go check the original plans for Liverpool waters (if you can find them now) and compare them to what is planned now due to unesco/cabe/EH tampering.
It's a travesty.

Adding a big, out of place DW stadium in a heritage site is definitley not something that anybody wants. So the noise thrown at us in particular is that it will take a design of genuinely top tier architecture to make them happy.
Meis thinks he is going to deliver that - so lets see in a months time.

June 28, 2019, 05:17:24 PM
Reply #4460

Toddacelli

Th

This is what pisses me off. How many visitors is BMD currently generating on an annual basis? Just fuck off.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 28, 2019, 09:32:19 PM
Reply #4461

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
World Heritage status isn't something easily come by - there are only 26 others in the UK.
Has anyone bothered to read why Liverpool is on the list?
If you have, or do, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the development of Peel land to be sensitive to the area's status. There's a bigger commercial, historic and cultural world out there beyond our club and we need to respect that.
We want this site because it is an iconic location so let's not let the rest of the world think that to get it we say  f**k the heritage site next door.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 28, 2019, 09:50:45 PM
Reply #4462

arteta4spain

This isn't about us lads.

Unesco have been sniping at Peel about this from day one, long before we were involved.
Go check the original plans for Liverpool waters (if you can find them now) and compare them to what is planned now due to unesco/cabe/EH tampering.
It's a travesty.

Adding a big, out of place DW stadium in a heritage site is definitley not something that anybody wants. So the noise thrown at us in particular is that it will take a design of genuinely top tier architecture to make them happy.
Meis thinks he is going to deliver that - so lets see in a months time.
Exactly. Meis ain't stupid. He will have been well aware of the precursor to this build and from day one have the interests of the club, UNESCO and Peel at the forefront. If he hasn't then we're up shit street.
With the layout, and the way Meis has been talking it sounds like he wants to incorporate the surrounding area. As I think it'll look out of place if it's some kind of bloody massive spaceship.
I can see it being similar or rather hopefully see it being similar to the Lucas Oil stadium or Oriole Park. The latter is more what the outside will be like. It'll fit in with the surrounding areas and not be a massive eyesore.
It'd probably be expensive but fuck it. I'd rather that than some rectangular box funded by fucking 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐨.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:52:10 PM by arteta4spain »

June 28, 2019, 11:38:07 PM
Reply #4463

Paddockoldie

Exactly. Meis ain't stupid. He will have been well aware of the precursor to this build and from day one have the interests of the club, UNESCO and Peel at the forefront. If he hasn't then we're up shit street.
With the layout, and the way Meis has been talking it sounds like he wants to incorporate the surrounding area. As I think it'll look out of place if it's some kind of bloody massive spaceship.
I can see it being similar or rather hopefully see it being similar to the Lucas Oil stadium or Oriole Park. The latter is more what the outside will be like. It'll fit in with the surrounding areas and not be a massive eyesore.
It'd probably be expensive but fuck it. I'd rather that than some rectangular box funded by fucking 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐨.

I'd always imagined something like New Brighton Fort on the outside with maybe 4 Rupert Towers, one in each corner, but boss and modern inside. This would suit the area and keep it looking like a heritage site. Can't copy a pic to show but imagine walking up to a fortress?

June 29, 2019, 12:44:36 AM
Reply #4464

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I'd always imagined something like New Brighton Fort on the outside with maybe 4 Rupert Towers, one in each corner, but boss and modern inside. This would suit the area and keep it looking like a heritage site. Can't copy a pic to show but imagine walking up to a fortress?
Where's the drawbridge toll money Bill?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 29, 2019, 01:48:53 AM
Reply #4465

Alanvideo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-44611839
Liverpool will keep its World Heritage status after Unesco accepted efforts were being made to mitigate the impact of a proposed waterfront development.
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 29, 2019, 04:16:32 AM
Reply #4466

Ramjam

I think all this fucking around with the heritage listing debacle is only serving to further promote what we are trying to achieve as a top tier football club. I for one welcome the extra exposure that the story brings and hopefully it reaches every corner of the globe.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 29, 2019, 05:01:53 AM
Reply #4467

Toddacelli

World Heritage status isn't something easily come by - there are only 26 others in the UK.
Has anyone bothered to read why Liverpool is on the list?
If you have, or do, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the development of Peel land to be sensitive to the area's status. There's a bigger commercial, historic and cultural world out there beyond our club and we need to respect that.
We want this site because it is an iconic location so let's not let the rest of the world think that to get it we say  f**k the heritage site next door.

There's not many fans in the world blessed with as much history and heritage as us Blues, so I am sure we all appreciate the opportunity and are aware that this is a project that will include a degree of sensitivity to the existing surroundings.

What pisses me off is the knee-jerk preservation of something nobody sees for no good reason just because it is a certain age or holds a certain status.

If I was Mr Unesco and someone came to me and said they wanted to build on a site like BMD and regenerate the area, I would say "Show me how you will add to the site and we'll talk."

You need to keep an open mind and if someone can enhance a site then they should be given the opportunity to do so. There will inevitably be compromises and their should be a line beyond which it is decided that the project does not enhance the site so it shouldn't go ahead. But if we can keep and work with as much as possible and also regenerate the area then a few small sacrifices should be weighed in as part of the cost.

June 29, 2019, 01:48:50 PM
Reply #4468

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Open minds is not what these people are about.

Make no mistake, anything Mei's comes up with will be met with disapproval from all heritage bodies concerned.

Will they take the status away? Hard to say, they've only done it once in the past, iirc.
They're big on warnings and slow on action really.

June 29, 2019, 02:57:49 PM
Reply #4469

Toddacelli

The question I want to ask is - who is it preserved for if nobody sees it?

If nobody sees it, visits it or even knows it's there, then it isn't a preserved heritage site - it's just a no-go zone.