October 22, 2019, 06:17:04 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 474309 times)

June 29, 2019, 03:36:58 PM
Reply #4470

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The question I want to ask is - who is it preserved for if nobody sees it?

If nobody sees it, visits it or even knows it's there, then it isn't a preserved heritage site - it's just a no-go zone.

Itís just a hole in the ground ! City tourism to Liverpool is driven by many factors, musical heritage and scene, youthful image, football, art, university, major events, accessibility and infrastructure but definitely not by a hole in the ground.

June 29, 2019, 03:38:25 PM
Reply #4471

Alanvideo

The question I want to ask is - who is it preserved for if nobody sees it?

If nobody sees it, visits it or even knows it's there, then it isn't a preserved heritage site - it's just a no-go zone.
................as @Mick 1995 has already said this isn't  about Everton & BMD , it's the whole heritage area.
UNESCO said yesterday they won't remove heritage status right now but it remains on their radar.  I'm sure discussions are being held before a planning application is submitted and hopefully it will be passed with conditions .
UNESCO are not the planning authority ,they can only make comments or recommendations ,usually negative . It depends how much value LCC put in heritage status and whether they are willing to risk losing it . Hopefully a compromise can be reached.
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 29, 2019, 04:09:36 PM
Reply #4472

Alanvideo

Itís just a hole in the ground ! City tourism to Liverpool is driven by many factors, musical heritage and scene, youthful image, football, art, university, major events, accessibility and infrastructure but definitely not by a hole in the ground.
............lets hope our hole in the ground turns out as well as this one.

June 29, 2019, 04:13:05 PM
Reply #4473

Ramjam

What the fuck is that Alanvideo?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 29, 2019, 04:45:16 PM
Reply #4474

Gash

Global Moderator

The Albert Dock before it was redeveloped.

June 29, 2019, 05:05:09 PM
Reply #4475

Bally

Administrator

That my friend is the Albert Dock pre 1981 and it fucking stunk

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

June 29, 2019, 05:10:49 PM
Reply #4476

Ramjam

Is that where they shoot the morning tv breakfast show?

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 29, 2019, 05:34:49 PM
Reply #4477

Alanvideo

Is that where they shoot the morning tv breakfast show?

...................not for about 20 years mate

June 29, 2019, 05:41:48 PM
Reply #4478

Ramjam

...................not for about 20 years mate
Ok, Iíve been in Australia for 22 years now but I vaguely remember the floating uk map for the weather report

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 29, 2019, 06:15:59 PM
Reply #4479

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
............lets hope our hole in the ground turns out as well as this one.

Amazing area - love walking there

June 29, 2019, 06:25:35 PM
Reply #4480

Gash

Global Moderator
Ok, Iíve been in Australia for 22 years now but I vaguely remember the floating uk map for the weather report

Aye, and the wee bastard Fred Talbot that did with weather is now a convicted paedophile currently serving time in jail.

June 29, 2019, 07:12:05 PM
Reply #4481

Lxxx

At some point the council are going to have to draw a line in the sand with this whole Unesco fiasco. If they're not on board with a world class regeneration of the waterfront which will benefit the city, even after consulting them every step of the way and bowing to their concerns, then they will have to give them the middle finger soon and just crack on.

June 29, 2019, 08:46:41 PM
Reply #4482

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
At some point the council are going to have to draw a line in the sand with this whole Unesco fiasco. If they're not on board with a world class regeneration of the waterfront which will benefit the city, even after consulting them every step of the way and bowing to their concerns, then they will have to give them the middle finger soon and just crack on.

Things aren't a fiasco because UNESCO express concern about a world heritage site. That's their role and the reality is that a large proportion of sites like these would be lost or damaged by the wrong type of commercial development. Commercial development obviously being an ongoing issue around most such sites for obvious reasons.
Why are we so defensive about it? We want an iconic stadium but it won't look so iconic if it doesn't fit in with its unique surroundings.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

June 29, 2019, 08:47:25 PM
Reply #4483

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
The Albert dock is one of the main reasons I'll stick up for Heseltine when people start Tory bashing.

The only one of the fuckers that actively wanted Liverpool to prosper.

The city is a top level place now and it's entire turn around can draw a line of influence all the way back to him coming up the M6 to have a look around.

June 29, 2019, 08:58:49 PM
Reply #4484

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The Albert dock is one of the main reasons I'll stick up for Heseltine when people start Tory bashing.

The only one of the fuckers that actively wanted Liverpool to prosper.

The city is a top level place now and it's entire turn around can draw a line of influence all the way back to him coming up the M6 to have a look around.

Heseltine gets a pass.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.