October 22, 2019, 05:49:40 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 474299 times)

June 29, 2019, 09:03:45 PM
Reply #4485

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The Albert dock is one of the main reasons I'll stick up for Heseltine when people start Tory bashing.

The only one of the fuckers that actively wanted Liverpool to prosper.

The city is a top level place now and it's entire turn around can draw a line of influence all the way back to him coming up the M6 to have a look around.
Without getting all political its ironic to see people voting for brexit in Liverpool considering how much money came from European funded grants too

I appreciate brexit is a complex issue though
Simply simply lovely

June 29, 2019, 09:51:50 PM
Reply #4486

Alanvideo

Heseltine was given the freedom of the city in 2012 by the Labour controlled council.  He forced through the investment in Liverpool against the wishes of Thatcher & co. who were willing to leave the place to rot. 
Having said all that he could have paid the bill out of his own pocket and never missed it !
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 29, 2019, 10:25:50 PM
Reply #4487

Paddockoldie

Ok, Iíve been in Australia for 22 years now but I vaguely remember the floating uk map for the weather report

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Forever now known as nonce Island.

June 30, 2019, 12:12:11 AM
Reply #4488

blue1948

The Albert dock is one of the main reasons I'll stick up for Heseltine when people start Tory bashing.

The city is a top level place now and it's entire turn around can draw a line of influence all the way back to him coming up the M6 to have a look around.

Funny isn't it as I never ever saw it that way at the time .Hated the man then and still do .

June 30, 2019, 02:25:20 AM
Reply #4489

Lxxx

Without getting all political its ironic to see people voting for brexit in Liverpool considering how much money came from European funded grants too

Itís only money that should be reaching the regions from government anyway. It just goes to Europe for a wash before getting redistributed as a grant so we feel privileged to be getting it. Itís good PR.

June 30, 2019, 03:17:04 AM
Reply #4490

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's only money that should be reaching the regions from government anyway. It just goes to Europe for a wash before getting redistributed as a grant so we feel privileged to be getting it. It's good PR.
Yeah appreciate that
Living in North Wales tho.... The North south divide for money from government is pretty scandalous, no way Liverpool would have got that money from the government back then
Simply simply lovely

June 30, 2019, 03:20:07 AM
Reply #4491

Bally

Administrator
Is that where they shoot the morning tv breakfast show?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Yeah man

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

June 30, 2019, 03:45:34 AM
Reply #4492

Trowel

Ok, Iíve been in Australia for 22 years now but I vaguely remember the floating uk map for the weather report
Forever now known as nonce Island.
God yeah, and NZ is weird too.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 30, 2019, 04:29:50 AM
Reply #4493

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

One of the few Tories I like
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 30, 2019, 04:34:09 AM
Reply #4494

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
One of the few Tories I like

And currently one of their most scathing critics.

June 30, 2019, 04:52:04 AM
Reply #4495

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

You want to talk irony - most of Wales would still be in the DRk Ages if it wasnít for EU money. A few weeks ago Farage drove up a road that was paid for by the EU, to give a Brexit talk in the car park of a shopping centre owned by an Englishman who is outspoken about the Welsh language and Wales, and Welsh brexiteers lapped it up
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 30, 2019, 05:17:19 AM
Reply #4496

Cereal Killer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-44611839
Liverpool will keep its World Heritage status after Unesco accepted efforts were being made to mitigate the impact of a proposed waterfront development.

Hahahah "meeting in Bahrain"

*no brown envelopes of cash were exchanged at any point

June 30, 2019, 09:34:12 AM
Reply #4497

Omar

Exactly. Meis ain't stupid. He will have been well aware of the precursor to this build and from day one have the interests of the club, UNESCO and Peel at the forefront. If he hasn't then we're up shit street.
With the layout, and the way Meis has been talking it sounds like he wants to incorporate the surrounding area. As I think it'll look out of place if it's some kind of bloody massive spaceship.
I can see it being similar or rather hopefully see it being similar to the Lucas Oil stadium or Oriole Park. The latter is more what the outside will be like. It'll fit in with the surrounding areas and not be a massive eyesore.
It'd probably be expensive but fuck it. I'd rather that than some rectangular box funded by fucking 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐨.

Ballparks on the water are awesome. Here's the giants stadium, and for me as a Dodgers fan that's like complimenting the shite.

You come at the king, you best not miss.

June 30, 2019, 06:11:56 PM
Reply #4498

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 30, 2019, 06:52:27 PM
Reply #4499

Alanvideo

Some detail on the plans for the surrounds including the pumping tower:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-hope-bring-bramley-moore-16494704
..................I think we're going to get a few snippets like this between now and the 26th July.
We are special ,we are Everton.