October 16, 2019, 05:08:57 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 471900 times)

July 09, 2019, 08:26:17 PM
Reply #4560

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I feel it's important that their view is always represented and that's it. I'm not all for development companies doing what they want but in this particular case, I believe Peel Group and Everton have already done more than enough compromising. Before Everton were involved Peel Group had already downsized many of the developments partly due to objections put forward by UNESCO.
And hopefully when the plans are revealed there is a commitment to a great stadium and to the city's heritage. I'd be surprised if the club haven't put that aspect well up the priority list otherwise just build one of those horrid flatpack stadiums and don't commission Dan Meiss to design it?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 09, 2019, 08:33:00 PM
Reply #4561

dangermouse

And hopefully when the plans are revealed there is a commitment to a great stadium and to the city's heritage. I'd be surprised if the club haven't put that aspect well up the priority list otherwise just build one of those horrid flatpack stadiums and don't commission Dan Meiss to design it?

This will clearly happen, that's why the club has had a several public consultations with more yet to come...
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

July 10, 2019, 12:42:30 AM
Reply #4562

arteta4spain

July 10, 2019, 02:14:15 AM
Reply #4563

Toddacelli

Interesting how our views are formed because we have a vested interest.
UNESCO ridiculed, everything brought down to money through tourism and regeneration etc.
Where's the concern about preserving the city's / country's history?
Both sides of the argument are important so why not more discussion about how history is balanced with the needs of modern life? This thread rather reinforces the view many people, have of PL football clubs - selfish, greedy and a f**k you attitude to anything that we don't like.
One of the things that lifts our club above so many others is our commitment to 'community'  - it's a shame it isn't reflected more by our fans in threads like this

I've been vocal about progress on this thread. I also care about heritage and history a great deal.

Have I thrown my principles away for personal gain and perceived financial benefits?

Nope.

The reason I am totally comfortable with this is specific to the site. Currently it serves no benefit, is part of no tourism, has no visitors and zero education is carried out at the site.

My preference is that we turn the site into somewhere that has thousands and thousands of visitors each week AND ALSO helps educate those visitors on the history of the site.

If no one sees it - who are we preserving it for?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 10, 2019, 05:44:38 AM
Reply #4564

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I've been vocal about progress on this thread. I also care about heritage and history a great deal.

Have I thrown my principles away for personal gain and perceived financial benefits?

Nope.

The reason I am totally comfortable with this is specific to the site. Currently it serves no benefit, is part of no tourism, has no visitors and zero education is carried out at the site.

My preference is that we turn the site into somewhere that has thousands and thousands of visitors each week AND ALSO helps educate those visitors on the history of the site.

If no one sees it - who are we preserving it for?
That's all I'm asking - development of our site also helps to preserve some of the history for future generations to see. There is room to respect all views and accommodate some of everything.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 11, 2019, 12:38:08 AM
Reply #4565

Toddacelli

That's all I'm asking - development of our site also helps to preserve some of the history for future generations to see. There is room to respect all views and accommodate some of everything.

I agree with you 100% here. I just get frustrated when you look at what the site is now, who's interested in  it and how many visitors it currently gets.

Surely anybody wanting to develop the site and bring visitors in is a good thing?

You just say "Don't touch that, restore that, that has to stay, that can go, show me your plans to preserve the history for future generations." And then, a few compromises aside, everyone should win.

It's these fucking kopites who pick up on the fact it's a world heritage site and then without even knowing what it is - try to fuck us with it. Makes my blood boil.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 11, 2019, 02:18:31 AM
Reply #4566

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I agree with you 100% here. I just get frustrated when you look at what the site is now, who's interested in  it and how many visitors it currently gets.

Surely anybody wanting to develop the site and bring visitors in is a good thing?

You just say "Don't touch that, restore that, that has to stay, that can go, show me your plans to preserve the history for future generations." And then, a few compromises aside, everyone should win.

It's these fucking kopites who pick up on the fact it's a world heritage site and then without even knowing what it is - try to fuck us with it. Makes my blood boil.
It's a slow business - they still haven't put a roof on that place at the top of the hill in Athens yet and that's on their list as well.

July 11, 2019, 02:34:15 AM
Reply #4567

Alanvideo

..............yes I agree ,kopites will try anything to derail our plans.
We should remember though that BMD is just a small part of the heritage area. Peel Holdings had a 30 year plan to develop the northern docks but the possibility of a stadium has jump started the whole scheme. UNESCO haven't yet passed any comment on the stadium but no doubt will have their say when the images come into the public domain later this month.
However ,it would be naive to think they haven't already had sight of Meis's plans.   I would hope that when   the planning application goes in there will be broad agreement on most aspects of the stadium.
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 11, 2019, 03:02:00 PM
Reply #4568

Jamokachi

God I can't wait until we actually get to see something in a few days!

July 11, 2019, 03:31:45 PM
Reply #4569

Macca77

When are the images gonna be released?

July 11, 2019, 04:02:03 PM
Reply #4570

Alanvideo

..............from the Peoples Project website

<<<  Everton Football Clubís plans for a new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock and a community-led legacy project at Goodison Park will take a major step forward with the launch of a second widescale public consultation on the proposals.

The consultation, which will run between 26 July and 25 August, will seek the views of members of the public on the latest design concepts for a state-of-the-art waterfront stadium, demonstrating how the Club will address the historic context of the Bramley-Moore Dock site and outline plans for the future of Goodison Park. Views from people on transport, accessibility and environmental sustainability will also be sought.

This is the second stage of a formal process and feedback from this consultation will be included in the planning applications for both sites, which are on track to be submitted before the end of the year  >>>
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 11, 2019, 04:20:37 PM
Reply #4571

Jamokachi

Around the 25th/26th isn't it? At the start of the second public consultation.

July 12, 2019, 12:34:31 AM
Reply #4572

arteta4spain

With the amount of time weíve had to wait and all the teases from Meis. I hope itís fucking amazing. Donít let us down Dan!

July 12, 2019, 01:26:37 AM
Reply #4573

Simon Paul

Administrator
Just looking through Meis's tweets that he's liked...

Ahem

July 12, 2019, 01:31:23 AM
Reply #4574

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Just looking through Meis's tweets that he's liked...

Ahem

Is he still liking the random middle aged women pictures?