October 24, 2019, 11:36:22 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 475474 times)

July 23, 2019, 06:27:38 PM
Reply #4680

Macca77

I walk past there loads of time and never noticed any kind of smell tnh

I have, can smell it from Sandhills.

The smell will change though, it will no longer be the smell of sewage from the United Utilities water plant just up the road, it will be masked by the smell of success

July 23, 2019, 06:32:34 PM
Reply #4681

Jamokachi

Welled up on the bloody train when z cars kicked in you heart string pulling twats.

It's bloody happening isn't it.

HE'S CRACKED! THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT. NOT A DRILL!

July 23, 2019, 06:51:23 PM
Reply #4682

Smithers

I have, can smell it from Sandhills.

The smell will change though, it will no longer be the smell of sewage from the United Utilities water plant just up the road, it will be masked by the smell of success

I used to teach in Bootle...when I'd get off the train there was a mad smell sometimes, heard different stories about what it was:

- dog food factory
- whale bone processing (you know, because of all those Japanese whalers that work the Mersey)
- cereal processing for beer (I assume they meant Cain's, even though it's been dead a while now)

Not once did I hear the very sensible reason of a water plant!

I was kind of hoping when people were talking about a smell that they weren't talking about this, but oh well. For what it's worth, the smell wasn't permanent or anything....some mornings it was in the air, others not. Maybe it only occurs when the plant is undertaking a certain process? And maybe they can avoid doing it on a Friday night / Saturday or Sunday?

What do I know anyway, I was told it was fucking whale bones!

July 23, 2019, 06:52:24 PM
Reply #4683

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Welled up on the bloody train when z cars kicked in you heart string pulling twats.

It's bloody happening isn't it.

Not like you to be positive. Is it the hot weather?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 23, 2019, 07:43:20 PM
Reply #4684

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not like you to be positive. Is it the hot weather?

I feel comfortable in saying that there aren't many people on the planet who will feel happier if Everton football club is able to produce a world class stadium that works for us on the many different levels that we need it to than old brap2.

Fool me once though, and all that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 23, 2019, 09:29:51 PM
Reply #4685

Omar

And it fucking stinks around there as well

That's my biggest concern. Building directly adjacent to a sewage treatment plant seems curious.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

July 23, 2019, 09:34:50 PM
Reply #4686

D15TIN

it does stink around there like, like a hot horrible smell - hope they can get rid of that somewhat.

horrible smell by that dog biscuit place on longmoor lane aswell

July 24, 2019, 02:56:30 PM
Reply #4687

Macca77

July 24, 2019, 03:10:04 PM
Reply #4688

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
This is getting to me like Christams Eve as a kid!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

July 24, 2019, 03:32:34 PM
Reply #4689

blue1948

I used to teach in Bootle...when I'd get off the train there was a mad smell sometimes, heard different stories about what it was:

- dog food factory
- whale bone processing (you know, because of all those Japanese whalers that work the Mersey)
- cereal processing for beer (I assume they meant Cain's, even though it's been dead a while now)

I was kind of hoping when people were talking about a smell that they weren't talking about this, but oh well. For what it's worth, the smell wasn't permanent or anything....some mornings it was in the air, others not. Maybe it only occurs when the plant is undertaking a certain process? And maybe they can avoid doing it on a Friday night / Saturday or Sunday?

I had a mate who had a sausage skin factory down there and when I worked there I had to use clothes I could throw away because the smell wouldn't come out . Interesting story is that when they wrung the intestines out a kind of mucus is pushed out and they had a big vat that they collected it in .I asked "Is it so bad that you need to dispose of it like that ?" he said see the Merc and the BMW outside ? They have been paid for by that stuff not the sausage skins !
It seems that with heart operations the biggest problem at that time was the scab that formed on the cuts and apparently this mucus stopped it scabbing and hence stopped the problem, or at least that one .He sold it to a Swedish company by the way not a UK one ,great isn't it !

July 24, 2019, 03:33:50 PM
Reply #4690

blue1948

it does stink around there like, like a hot horrible smell - hope they can get rid of that somewhat.

horrible smell by that dog biscuit place on longmoor lane aswell

Is that Jacobs?

July 24, 2019, 06:34:59 PM
Reply #4691

74Blue

Is that Jacobs?

No Spillers.
I used to go there every few months to clean out the giant vats that the pet food is stored in. The company I used to work for had the cleaning contract there and we would go in and scrape all of the vats and recoat them with a plastic film every few months. The smell was horrendous, but it was an overtime job for me, so the money was good.

July 24, 2019, 06:39:48 PM
Reply #4692

Hawkandro

That's my biggest concern. Building directly adjacent to a sewage treatment plant seems curious.

Goodison isn't too far from a neighbouring shit-pit either, I wouldn't worry.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

July 25, 2019, 01:25:20 AM
Reply #4693

boothill

I always though it was bibbys or libbys oil processing plant. Thats what i was told anyway. Probably an amalgamation of things

- dog food factory

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 25, 2019, 01:34:20 AM
Reply #4694

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I always though it was bibbys or libbys oil processing plant. Thats what i was told anyway. Probably an amalgamation of things
Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

That smell reminds me of growing up I love it