October 17, 2019, 12:56:48 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472276 times)

July 26, 2019, 03:13:05 AM
Reply #4830

Simon Paul

Administrator
How many corporate seats were there supposed to be?

there's quite a lot

they are the "green" on the map of the stadium

incidentally, the South Stand holds more than the current Main Stand does - in a single tier.  It might not appear huge on the drawings but it is going to be enormous.

July 26, 2019, 03:18:41 AM
Reply #4831

markB

I think it looks great.  As above, just need to sort the Everton font!

that will be the name of the ground going on there ,they can have it as big as they want as long as the fee is as big

July 26, 2019, 03:19:35 AM
Reply #4832

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
Looks good to me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

July 26, 2019, 03:20:40 AM
Reply #4833

markB

:love:

well I am up to 14 Liverpool fans that I have sent this too

July 26, 2019, 03:23:54 AM
Reply #4834

markB

what is the bit that goes out to the water side

July 26, 2019, 03:24:34 AM
Reply #4835

Jamokachi

July 26, 2019, 03:31:44 AM
Reply #4836

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

That's the Gallows End mate, on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 26, 2019, 03:37:01 AM
Reply #4837

Simon Paul

Administrator

that's a corporate / players car park

July 26, 2019, 03:41:34 AM
Reply #4838

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Very pleased with that.

Exterior looks like its been inspired a bit by the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg, but better.

July 26, 2019, 03:43:53 AM
Reply #4839

MexicanToffee

That's the Gallows End mate, on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey
oh what...can we really call it that, I would so love that.
He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.

July 26, 2019, 03:45:56 AM
Reply #4840

Ravardo

Was deffo well worth the wait,, a cracking dream soon to be a reality :thumbsup:

July 26, 2019, 03:48:40 AM
Reply #4841

Simon Paul

Administrator
I personally took pure pelters when I was part of KEIOC and when I was fighting against the Kirkby move.

I took personal abuse online and had some very close calls face to face (@Bally will remember that night in The Primmy with the dozy old cunt at the bar) all because "You hate the club because you don't want us to move to Kirkby"

But I put up with much fucking less than some people at the time.

And do you know why we put up with it?  You know why we didn't want Kirkby, why we opposed it so badly, so desperately, so angrily?

So we could still maintain hope that we would have a night like tonight.  A night where we saw plans for a "game changing" stadium on the Docks.  So that we could maintain hope that one day a billionaire would come in with a plan and would turn the club around and move us to a world class stadium on the Liverpool skyline.

We did it so that our grandchildren could watch Everton in style.

We did it so that we weren't beholden to a supermarket, tucked away behind a housing estate, with Goodison nothing more than a Tesco car park.

We did it so that Everton were forced to do this properly.

And we were right.  We have witnessed the future of Everton unveiled tonight and we should all be delighted at the prospect, but we should never forget that we could have missed out on this.

July 26, 2019, 03:50:55 AM
Reply #4842

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Just got back and from a very quick look on line you probably know everything we learned at the launch.
The whole evening was excellent.
What may not be online is the 'conversation' that explained various aspects.
1. Goodison. You can see what is going to be there and most of it directly addresses the needs of a deprived community. The centre circle will be preserved as a grassed area and playground. The 'social value' of the Goodison end of the scheme  (don't know how this is calculated) is expected to be 800m over 10 years. It is expected to regenerate the County Rd area.
2. BMD Most of the talk around this was how Dan Meiss developed his idea to reach this point. No new facts there as far as I can remember, just interesting background.
I have to say I had high expectations before I went but seeing that impression of the home end from the outside I literally said 'wow'. It has the potential to be iconic on the real meaning of the word.
The brickwork seems to both set off the glass "window'  at the home end, the roofs all round and fits in well with the surrounding heritage. There will be a criss cross pattern in the bricks as an acknowledgement to the Archibald Leitch designs at Goodison but I don't think that showed up too clearly  in the artists impression.
Want my meal now but if you have any puestions put them here and I'll do my best to answer them.
One important point is that the design could still change after the consultation period but realistically I think this is very close to what we get
Roll on first home game 2023/2024
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 03:57:09 AM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 26, 2019, 03:51:30 AM
Reply #4843

Tony Clifton

Cannot fucking wait for the day, we'll be like pigs in shit!

July 26, 2019, 03:53:09 AM
Reply #4844

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I personally took pure pelters when I was part of KEIOC and when I was fighting against the Kirkby move.

I took personal abuse online and had some very close calls face to face (@Bally will remember that night in The Primmy with the dozy old cunt at the bar) all because "You hate the club because you don't want us to move to Kirkby"

But I put up with much fucking less than some people at the time.

And do you know why we put up with it?  You know why we didn't want Kirkby, why we opposed it so badly, so desperately, so angrily?

So we could still maintain hope that we would have a night like tonight.  A night where we saw plans for a "game changing" stadium on the Docks.  So that we could maintain hope that one day a billionaire would come in with a plan and would turn the club around and move us to a world class stadium on the Liverpool skyline.

We did it so that our grandchildren could watch Everton in style.

We did it so that we weren't beholden to a supermarket, tucked away behind a housing estate, with Goodison nothing more than a Tesco car park.

We did it so that Everton were forced to do this properly.

And we were right.  We have witnessed the future of Everton unveiled tonight and we should all be delighted at the prospect, but we should never forget that we could have missed out on this.

Without wishing to sound melodramatic I genuinely want to salute you and those like you who stood your ground. Thank you chaps
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: