October 14, 2019, 03:05:36 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 470794 times)

July 26, 2019, 03:58:53 AM
Reply #4845

Cozzie

I personally took pure pelters when I was part of KEIOC and when I was fighting against the Kirkby move.

I took personal abuse online and had some very close calls face to face (@Bally will remember that night in The Primmy with the dozy old cunt at the bar) all because "You hate the club because you don't want us to move to Kirkby"

But I put up with much fucking less than some people at the time.

And do you know why we put up with it?  You know why we didn't want Kirkby, why we opposed it so badly, so desperately, so angrily?

So we could still maintain hope that we would have a night like tonight.  A night where we saw plans for a "game changing" stadium on the Docks.  So that we could maintain hope that one day a billionaire would come in with a plan and would turn the club around and move us to a world class stadium on the Liverpool skyline.

We did it so that our grandchildren could watch Everton in style.

We did it so that we weren't beholden to a supermarket, tucked away behind a housing estate, with Goodison nothing more than a Tesco car park.

We did it so that Everton were forced to do this properly.

And we were right.  We have witnessed the future of Everton unveiled tonight and we should all be delighted at the prospect, but we should never forget that we could have missed out on this.

It is actually beyond frightening the sheer thought of what Kirkby would have been compared to what we have seen tonight.

July 26, 2019, 03:59:54 AM
Reply #4846

MexicanToffee

Without wishing to sound melodramatic I genuinely want to salute you and those like you who stood your ground. Thank you chaps
Yes, it took a set of nuts to stand up to the bullshit being purveyed by those that would have had us accept mediocrity.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

July 26, 2019, 04:05:12 AM
Reply #4847

Bally

Administrator
Hahahaha yeah I vaguely remember that soft cunt
I personally took pure pelters when I was part of KEIOC and when I was fighting against the Kirkby move.

I took personal abuse online and had some very close calls face to face (@Bally will remember that night in The Primmy with the dozy old cunt at the bar) all because "You hate the club because you don't want us to move to Kirkby"

And do you know why we put up with it?  You know why we didn't want Kirkby, why we opposed it so badly, so desperately, so angrily?

So we could still maintain hope that we would have a night like tonight.  A night where we saw plans for a "game changing" stadium on the Docks.  So that we could maintain hope that one day a billionaire would come in with a plan and would turn the club around and move us to a world class stadium on the Liverpool skyline.

We did it so that we weren't beholden to a supermarket, tucked away behind a housing estate, with Goodison nothing more than a Tesco car park.

And we were right.  We have witnessed the future of Everton unveiled tonight and we should all be delighted at the prospect, but we should never forget that we could have missed out on this.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

July 26, 2019, 04:20:47 AM
Reply #4848

ally2

You had me at 'I'

Seriously though you and others deserve who did this saved us from that grimness. Reckon Moshiri would have knocked it down and moved to Bramley Moore anyway though haha.

Wonder what Bill was thinking through this tonight.

July 26, 2019, 04:21:05 AM
Reply #4849

Jamokachi

As excited as I am about this move, and as wonderful as the legacy project at Goodison sounds, this image left a terrible lump in the throat and sense of realisation...

July 26, 2019, 04:29:10 AM
Reply #4850

Macca77

Dixie and the granites have to come with us, surely?

July 26, 2019, 04:33:00 AM
Reply #4851

Tony Clifton

As excited as I am about this move, and as wonderful as the legacy project at Goodison sounds, this image left a terrible lump in the throat and sense of realisation...

Same here, but it is all for the best, and nothing but. We'll always be in L4.

July 26, 2019, 04:35:12 AM
Reply #4852

Tony Clifton

Dixie and the granites have to come with us, surely?

I think it'd be a nice touch to leave him there, forever holding ground.

July 26, 2019, 04:38:13 AM
Reply #4853

Outworlder47

Stunning.

So, who do we want to see first home match in 2023-24?

July 26, 2019, 04:42:51 AM
Reply #4854

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The fume on social media from absolute plazzy Liverpool fans is amazing

Unesco this, Unesco that
Simply simply lovely

July 26, 2019, 04:49:36 AM
Reply #4855

Macca77

Unesco this, Unesco that

Loads of tourist reds spouting shite

July 26, 2019, 04:58:32 AM
Reply #4856

Ramjam

Are they holding up banners with joe Anderson’s face on shouting Anderson out yet?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 26, 2019, 04:59:36 AM
Reply #4857

Jamokachi

Unesco this, Unesco that

link to the fume please

July 26, 2019, 04:59:56 AM
Reply #4858

Gash

Global Moderator
Very pleased with that.

Exterior looks like it’s been inspired a bit by the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg, but better.

See, if anyone else wrote this I'd think they Googled it but GLewis probably tapped that out on the keyboard, blindfolded wearing boxing gloves. :)

July 26, 2019, 05:19:46 AM
Reply #4859

Jamokachi