October 18, 2019, 06:53:56 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472745 times)

July 26, 2019, 07:04:31 PM
Reply #4905

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
Boss day this
Impressive man boobs on Dan the man there

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

July 26, 2019, 07:08:19 PM
Reply #4906

Lazarou

New Stadium looks amazing, I'm sure it will be an awesome place to watch football.

Im sure they have thought of this, but the only issue I kinda have is; rising sea levels to do with global warming..

study on it https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/climate/research/sea-level/

map of potential flooding

Im pretty sure this is estimated for the year 2100.. but sea levels are rising much faster than their predictions..

Interesting viewpoint, being environmentally aware I am disappointed I never thought about it myself. It will surely be a issue over the lifetime of the stadium.  :titanic:

We might need to do a massive floater in the Mersey instead.
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

July 26, 2019, 07:09:45 PM
Reply #4907

blue1948

New Stadium looks amazing, I'm sure it will be an awesome place to watch football.

Im sure they have thought of this, but the only issue I kinda have is; rising sea levels to do with global warming..

Im pretty sure this is estimated for the year 2100.. but sea levels are rising much faster than their predictions..

Don't know whether you missed it but they are going to fill the dock in!

July 26, 2019, 07:12:13 PM
Reply #4908

Lazarou

Don't know whether you missed it but they are going to fill the dock in![/quote]

What difference does that make?
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

July 26, 2019, 07:13:42 PM
Reply #4909

SANA_DR0

Don't know whether you missed it but they are going to fill the dock in!

they can fill in the dock, but the Mersey river will still be right next to the stadium.

maybe they will make a Thames barrier type thing..
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 26, 2019, 07:44:10 PM
Reply #4910

hannu

well i can see from this that my flat will soon be surrounded by water, gonna have to get a gondola

the joys of a beach front property i guess
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 07:46:18 PM by hannu »

July 26, 2019, 07:49:13 PM
Reply #4911

Bluedylan

Imagine designing something to pretty much universal acclaim. Especially with us lot, and how arsey we can be.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 26, 2019, 07:56:10 PM
Reply #4912

hannu

Imagine designing something to pretty much universal acclaim. Especially with us lot, and how arsey we can be.

very true, from all the discussion before the the designs where shown there was so many differing view points, it seemed as tho no one was going to be happy with the design

in the most part its only fans of FC Big stand that seem to not like it

July 26, 2019, 08:00:38 PM
Reply #4913

hannu

i heard a while back about maybe another station being built closer to BMD has anyone heard anything about this?

am not too sure if its needed as sandhills is less than a mile away and roughly 15-20min walk

July 26, 2019, 08:12:16 PM
Reply #4914

Bluenose 91

Reckon they might look in to something like shuttle buses from County Road to BMD so people can still bevvy in their regular boozers and also maintain the business those pubs rely on?

July 26, 2019, 08:16:43 PM
Reply #4915

Alanvideo

i heard a while back about maybe another station being built closer to BMD has anyone heard anything about this?

am not too sure if its needed as sandhills is less than a mile away and roughly 15-20min walk
..........................It has been mentioned by LCC but I don't think Merseyrail have said anything.
I would say a new station would be desirable ,not only to serve BMD but the whole area which is to be regenerated. Apart from funding ,the problem is a lack of space to build a station especially as the line is elevated at this point.
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 26, 2019, 08:17:04 PM
Reply #4916

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
How far is BMD from the city centre?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 26, 2019, 08:19:14 PM
Reply #4917

Simon Paul

Administrator

no extra stations

July 26, 2019, 08:19:28 PM
Reply #4918

Bluenose 91

15-20min walk maybe?

July 26, 2019, 08:20:50 PM
Reply #4919

Alanvideo

................about 1.5 miles ,20 minutes walk not including refreshment stops
We are special ,we are Everton.