October 14, 2019, 03:50:27 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 470828 times)

July 26, 2019, 08:33:03 PM
Reply #4920

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon they might look in to something like shuttle buses from County Road to BMD so people can still bevvy in their regular boozers and also maintain the business those pubs rely on?

Good idea that.

Worried about those boozers on county road once we leave.

Black horse and that will be sound, but all the others are going to struggle.

Do we think we’ll start seeing some boozers pop up round Bramley Moore?

Theres a few abandoned pubs round there like.

Get a spoons there at least.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 26, 2019, 08:37:13 PM
Reply #4921

D15TIN

Good idea that.

Worried about those boozers on county road once we leave.

Black horse and that will be sound, but all the others are going to struggle.

Get a spoons there at least.
there will defo be a few looking around that area now, especially as there will be a fanzone next to the ground etc

there will probably be concerts an that too so will be all year round

July 26, 2019, 08:37:34 PM
Reply #4922

van der Meyde

Reckon they might look in to something like shuttle buses from County Road to BMD so people can still bevvy in their regular boozers and also maintain the business those pubs rely on?
I believe The Brick is. Pubs on Dale St are too.

July 26, 2019, 08:38:27 PM
Reply #4923

van der Meyde

They've pretty much all been well bought up now.

July 26, 2019, 09:02:06 PM
Reply #4924

MexicanToffee

Was there any information given in the presentation as to where in the stadium or how they would increase capacity if required?
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

July 27, 2019, 12:00:58 AM
Reply #4925

MarcusFenix

From The People's Project Website

Bus services

A shuttle bus service will run between the city centre and the stadium on matchdays. The bus will use the Atlantic Park loop as well as Great Howard Street to pick-up and drop-off passengers. Bus operators say a shuttle bus service between Bootle Town Centre and the stadium for onward travel northwards could also be viable. Vauxhall Road and Scotland Road, a short walk from the site, also have frequent bus services. Operators say that on matchdays existing services could increase in frequency to provide more capacity for supporters.

Also on the website it talks about the Goodison Park Legacy which will include retail, office space which would help existing business around the County Road area
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

July 27, 2019, 12:39:40 AM
Reply #4926

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

July 27, 2019, 12:48:03 AM
Reply #4927

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 27, 2019, 01:05:26 AM
Reply #4928

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
no extra stations

To do with this specific regeneration and nothing imminent.

But there was a top level merseytravel meeting with Rotherham a fortnight ago and the 10 streets project does have talk of a station alongside it.

July 27, 2019, 01:20:28 AM
Reply #4929

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
To do with this specific regeneration and nothing imminent.

But there was a top level merseytravel meeting with Rotherham a fortnight ago and the 10 streets project does have talk of a station alongside it.

Yes you’d assume that they’d be considering anything that eases the pressure on the centre’s stations.

July 27, 2019, 01:58:04 AM
Reply #4930

gizzblue

Be interesting what they will allow. Would like to have my seat

Take your spanners on the last day .
Born not made a blue .

July 27, 2019, 02:01:01 AM
Reply #4931

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, there are two stations the city region are pushing the travel companies to open. Between Moorfields & Sandhills and between Central & Brunswick.

Both being spoke about regardless of us.

July 27, 2019, 02:14:30 AM
Reply #4932

Alanvideo

Yeah, there are two stations the city region are pushing the travel companies to open. Between Moorfields & Sandhills and between Central & Brunswick.

....................the second one I take it you mean re-opening St.James which would be relatively simple  although very expensive tom bring up to modern day standards .
The first one is more difficult ,the line being on a viaduct and cramped for space.  I did a bit of foot slogging round there last year and the only place I could come up with was Sherwood St. if I recall correctly and that might have been  built over by now. Of course its not  just about BMD but to serve the whole area when regenerated.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 02:20:55 AM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 27, 2019, 02:17:52 AM
Reply #4933

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
....................the second one I take it you mean re-opening St.James which would be relatively simple  although very expensive tom bring up to modern day standards .
The first one is more difficult ,the line being on a viaduct and cramped for space.  I did a bit of foot slogging round there last year and the only place I could come up with was Whitley St. I

There's plans knocking about for the new north station.
I'm in a field near Yeovil at the minute so have limited Google skills.

But the area has already been marked out to build a raised station akin to Sandhills.
Touch further north than the tobacco warehouse, if memory serves.

July 27, 2019, 02:21:50 AM
Reply #4934

Simon Paul

Administrator

the talk is just that, talk, and it's not from the club nor the planning authority

in fact, it is suggested at the moment that a station close to the ground would actually cause more congestion than dispersing the crowds away from the ground