December 14, 2019, 07:51:20 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 490384 times)

July 27, 2019, 06:10:23 PM
Reply #4965

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
That Indeoendant article has to be written by a red
Simply simply lovely

July 27, 2019, 06:12:55 PM
Reply #4966

Macca77

I'm on holiday, was speaking to a few West Ham fans last night, showed them the images and they were all blown away by them, then we discussed our mutual hatred for everything red

July 27, 2019, 06:29:46 PM
Reply #4967

oscar

What are the proposed travel links for the dock.

July 27, 2019, 06:43:48 PM
Reply #4968

Smithers

That Indeoendant article has to be written by a red

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/everton-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock-designs-latest-jonathan-liew-new-white-hart-lane-a9022831.html%3famp

Just read it after you said that. It's certainly quite cynical sounding isn't it? I scanned it to find out what it mentioned about the rather excellent plans for Goodison but it only seems to get a brief mention towards the end of one paragraph...probably because it's inconvenient to the writer's agenda and getting the article published.
It then tries to rescue impartiality at the end with this 'i suppose we'll never know the answer' tone.
I know I'm biased reading that so I'm going to argue the Everton positives but yeah, was weird reading that.
Verdict: shithead possibly with an agenda trying to sound smarter than he is. A bit like me!

July 27, 2019, 07:01:28 PM
Reply #4969

Simon Paul

Administrator
What are the proposed travel links for the dock.
Roads are already been improved and Sandhills is maybe 15 minutes walk away. Town is 20 minute to half an hour. Goodison is 25 minutes.

July 27, 2019, 07:02:08 PM
Reply #4970

Alanvideo

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/everton-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock-designs-latest-jonathan-liew-new-white-hart-lane-a9022831.html%3famp

Just read it after you said that. It's certainly quite cynical sounding isn't it? I scanned it to find out what it mentioned about the rather excellent plans for Goodison but it only seems to get a brief mention towards the end of one paragraph...probably because it's inconvenient to the writer's agenda and getting the article published.
It then tries to rescue impartiality at the end with this 'i suppose we'll never know the answer' tone.
I know I'm biased reading that so I'm going to argue the Everton positives but yeah, was weird reading that.
Verdict: shithead possibly with an agenda trying to sound smarter than he is. A bit like me!
.......................to be fair i didn't think it was too bad , having a go at football in general rather than Everton alone. The writer calls the plans for Goodison 'genuinely impressive '.
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 27, 2019, 07:09:35 PM
Reply #4971

Smithers

.......................to be fair i didn't think it was too bad , having a go at football in general rather than Everton alone. The writer calls the plans for Goodison 'genuinely impressive '.

Not sure what to make of it to be honest mate. Confusing me really! Making me wonder whether it's just me being overly sensitive / defensive about Everton, which I probably am

July 27, 2019, 07:11:08 PM
Reply #4972

Bluedylan

Yeah, think he's just a bit cynical and fed up with football generally, nothing against us. He's alright and I don't think he's a Liverpool fan. He's more coming at it from a social benefit perspective, which isn't unreasonable, and he does concede at the end that we're more likely to consider the social good than pretty much any other club he can think of.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 27, 2019, 07:14:45 PM
Reply #4973

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Roads are already been improved and Sandhills is maybe 15 minutes walk away. Town is 20 minute to half an hour. Goodison is 25 minutes.

Id say Goodison is a lot longer than a 25 minute walk?

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 27, 2019, 07:18:15 PM
Reply #4974

oscar

No new train station then

July 27, 2019, 07:31:49 PM
Reply #4975

Alanvideo

No new train station then
.............there's differing opinions on here. Long term I think the area merits a new station but it wouldn't be specifically for BMD.
After the match I'm sure it would be quicker to walk to town than wait for trains with only a 15 min. frequency ,30 mins on Sundays even worse. There are tentative plans for a station at Mann Island which would be marginally nearer than James St.
I usually get a train from the new station at Maghull North and that took years to plan and build on a vacant site. Also cost 13m I think.
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 27, 2019, 07:36:37 PM
Reply #4976

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Id say Goodison is a lot longer than a 25 minute walk?

I know I'm fat and getting old but it takes me way more than 25 minutes.... 

July 27, 2019, 08:20:57 PM
Reply #4977

Simon Paul

Administrator
I know I'm fat and getting old but it takes me way more than 25 minutes....
Yeah it's closer to 45 minutes. I remembered it wrong.

Sandhills station is 18 minutes

Moorfields is 30 minutes

At Goodison I park at least 15 minutes away each time.  Kirkdale is 15 minutes walk, so an extra 3 minutes isn't the end of the world if you get the train.

July 27, 2019, 08:24:44 PM
Reply #4978

Macca77

Sandhills is literally 15 mins away, don't need a new station. Ill be walking there, take about 30 mins from Bootle, go along Derby road and have a bevy at the new bars that will open

July 27, 2019, 09:39:01 PM
Reply #4979

MexicanToffee

Sandhills is literally 15 mins away, don't need a new station. Ill be walking there, take about 30 mins from Bootle, go along Derby road and have a bevy at the new bars that will open
Yeah... it's no further from Sandhills than Goodison is. It would be nice though to have a dedicated station that is all shiny and new that gives the fan a nice walk to the ground.
He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.