October 20, 2019, 09:50:01 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473518 times)

August 31, 2016, 09:26:09 PM
Read 473518 times

MarcusFenix

Roughly in between Sandhills and Moorfields? Near Costco?
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

October 15, 2016, 05:25:48 PM
Reply #1

MarcusFenix

If our new stadium is to have a name attached it has to be a global brand with massive kudos, it cannot be the 'Wonga' or 'We Buy Any Car' arena

April 14, 2018, 05:08:03 AM
Reply #2

MarcusFenix

Is it bad to drive past the site ( 46 years old man ) every week or two, get excited like a kid at Christmas, hoping to see some/any kind of activity ?

Was gutted when Kings Dock didn't happen, will be a sad day when we leave the Old Lady but can't wait until we have a world class stadium on the banks of The Royal Blue Mersey

July 27, 2019, 12:00:58 AM
Reply #3

MarcusFenix

Reckon they might look in to something like shuttle buses from County Road to BMD so people can still bevvy in their regular boozers and also maintain the business those pubs rely on?

From The People's Project Website

Bus services

A shuttle bus service will run between the city centre and the stadium on matchdays. The bus will use the Atlantic Park loop as well as Great Howard Street to pick-up and drop-off passengers. Bus operators say a shuttle bus service between Bootle Town Centre and the stadium for onward travel northwards could also be viable. Vauxhall Road and Scotland Road, a short walk from the site, also have frequent bus services. Operators say that on matchdays existing services could increase in frequency to provide more capacity for supporters.

Also on the website it talks about the Goodison Park Legacy which will include retail, office space which would help existing business around the County Road area

July 27, 2019, 10:29:43 PM
Reply #4

MarcusFenix

Sandhills is literally 15 mins away, don't need a new station. Ill be walking there, take about 30 mins from Bootle, go along Derby road and have a bevy at the new bars that will open

I live just off Knowsley Road and just for my own curiosity I walked up to BMD, took me 20 minutes.

I should add the caveat that I'm an old, fat Grandpappy.

In regards to the Independent article, its not Everton saying that it could generate 1 Billion, its the CBRE and looking at the Goodison Legacy, if what the club has already done on Spellow Lane is anything to go by, the club will leave a very good legacy behind for the people of the area.

I was gutted when we missed out on Kings Dock, still pains me when I go past, however everything I have seen in the past few days gives me even more pride in our great club.

July 28, 2019, 04:32:30 AM
Reply #5

MarcusFenix

Just curious here what made you choose to live off Knowsley Road?

Hahahaha I bought the house at an auction.

Many people say its rough as anything, but I've lived in many different places ( some quite affluent ) and its just the same here as it was everywhere else I've lived.

July 31, 2019, 02:02:45 AM
Reply #6

MarcusFenix

The relevant bits from today's Echo...........

In proposing to build a new ground, Everton are also keen to retain the historical aspect of the area they could be moving to.
And the club have made clear preserving and restoring a number of key areas are crucial to their plans for the future of the area.
Preserving dock wall
Everton's stadium proposals will involve draining and infilling the dock, using an established method which uses both sand and gravel.

However, innovative engineering would mean the docks walls will be preserved and, where possible, exposed so that visitors can still see the history of the area.
The stadium structure would be supported by concrete plates which would rest on piles driven into the sandstone which sits beneath the Northern Docks area.
This means the actual dock walls would be protected from the weight of the stadium structure and would remain unharmed.
The design also means that if the club were ever to move again in the distant future, the stadium could be deconstructed and Bramley-Moore could turn into a dock once more.

Hydraulic tower work
On the site of the new stadium, in what could be the north east corner of the Fan Plaza, is a historic hydraulic tower which is currently inaccessible to the public and in disrepair.
That would all change with Everton's proposals, however.
Water channel
A big factor of the World Heritage Status the site currently possesses is the Outstanding Universal Value aspect of its designation.
In turn, the connectivity of each dock is vital, and something Everton are keen to preserve.
 So, a water channel will be maintained between Bramley-Moore dock and the neighbouring Sandon Half-Tide and Nelson docks.
This would be located to the west side of the stadium, with a footbridge being proposed to link the area around the new ground with the car park located on the river side.
Public spaces
Across all public space in and around the new stadium, the club is looking to preserve as many aspects as possible.
Original features such as old gratings, paving and cobble stones, bollards, mooring posts, capstones and granite steps could also be retained, restored and included as part of the overall development.
A number of the public spaces around the stadium are designed to be flexible so community, cultural and business organisations could use them.

Just love this, proper buzzing, in particular the Hydraulic Tower restoration.

The mix of old and new, historic and contemporary. Will miss the old girl, but really excited about BMD.

August 09, 2019, 02:26:46 AM
Reply #7

MarcusFenix

the mad thing is, the tower is actually quite small inside, and a weird design, so nobody really knows what to do with it once it's restored!

Smallest pub in the country?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g191255-d3474781-r168966258-The_Lakeside_Inn-Southport_Merseyside_England.html