September 18, 2019, 03:22:39 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 462606 times)

July 28, 2019, 03:00:13 PM
Reply #4995

sirblue57

I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

July 28, 2019, 03:09:17 PM
Reply #4996

Bally

Administrator
Yeah but they are not a guarantee are they, they base it in the minimal use, it is nowhere near cost effective, it may happen in the future but for now it is not really a viable option.
Plus domestic cup games and those European nights

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

July 28, 2019, 03:10:54 PM
Reply #4997

Bally

Administrator
They are planning for the area to be used 365 so events are already planned... No I do not know what events. But they are future planned though
What's the feeling about hosting other major events ? Rock concerts, boxing, American football etc.
Would be massive for tourism/local economy.

It's the roll I way

July 28, 2019, 03:23:51 PM
Reply #4998

Simon Paul

Administrator
They are planning for the area to be used 365 so events are already planned... No I do not know what events. But they are future planned though
The fanzone holds 14k for outdoor concerts apparently

July 28, 2019, 03:26:48 PM
Reply #4999

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
  outdoor concert in Liverpool

July 28, 2019, 03:45:46 PM
Reply #5000

Crackling

NSNO Subscriber

July 28, 2019, 03:55:40 PM
Reply #5001

Jamokachi

July 28, 2019, 04:20:02 PM
Reply #5002

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 04:38:30 PM by Toffee1 »

July 28, 2019, 04:48:17 PM
Reply #5003

Toddacelli

Just downloaded the app - thanks @Crackling - it is awesome...

But...

It did make me worry about the water proximity.

Travelling fans can be dicks and it all looks very accessible but they will bring their kids and so will we.

I'm hoping that the reality will be different and there will be more safety barriers- maybe even matchday lifeguards!

I expect stuff like that gets left out of the design release because it flutters up and detracts from the design work. I hope this is the case. Surprised the kopites haven't jumped on this yet!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 28, 2019, 04:49:35 PM
Reply #5004

Toddacelli

Everton firsts:

The first football club in the world to employ matchday lifeguards.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 28, 2019, 07:22:06 PM
Reply #5005

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
I personally took pure pelters when I was part of KEIOC and when I was fighting against the Kirkby move.

I took personal abuse online and had some very close calls face to face (@Bally will remember that night in The Primmy with the dozy old cunt at the bar) all because "You hate the club because you don't want us to move to Kirkby"

But I put up with much fucking less than some people at the time.

And do you know why we put up with it?  You know why we didn't want Kirkby, why we opposed it so badly, so desperately, so angrily?

So we could still maintain hope that we would have a night like tonight.  A night where we saw plans for a "game changing" stadium on the Docks.  So that we could maintain hope that one day a billionaire would come in with a plan and would turn the club around and move us to a world class stadium on the Liverpool skyline.

We did it so that our grandchildren could watch Everton in style.

We did it so that we weren't beholden to a supermarket, tucked away behind a housing estate, with Goodison nothing more than a Tesco car park.

We did it so that Everton were forced to do this properly.

And we were right.  We have witnessed the future of Everton unveiled tonight and we should all be delighted at the prospect, but we should never forget that we could have missed out on this.

I'm rather late to the party, but I just saw the pics and have spent the last few hours catching up on the details.

All I can say is fucking hell, we hit gold with that architect.  That stadium design is better than anything I had in my head. It's unique, it has character, it's not a shitty ass bowl, it feels Everton before a digger has even moved in. I absolutely love it.

And it is 100% the opposite of that shithouse shoebox with the corner missing we were going to get in Kirkby. Just the design (before even going into the location, the transport issues, the economic ties to a fucking supermarket), the design alone screams Premier League and not League 2.

And I'm so glad there was a passionate, knowledgeable and stubborn as fuck group of individuals in KEIOC who put the jammers on what would have been the biggest fuckup since that fella told The Beatles to piss off.

That Kirkby shoebox was a disgrace.  This new design (please God let it happen) is just beautiful and screams out for a great team to do the stadium justice.

Sooo happy. :D
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

July 28, 2019, 08:23:33 PM
Reply #5006

sirblue57

I didnt know about it either, but here you go

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1294095/get-360-degree-views-of-proposed-everton-stadium-with-new-app
Thanks, thats brilliant, bloody Meis is getting us, no one can say he isn't. The more I see the more im desperate to be there and see it happen.

July 28, 2019, 08:25:07 PM
Reply #5007

sirblue57

But...

Travelling fans can be dicks and it all looks very accessible but they will bring their kids and so will we.

I'm hoping that the reality will be different and there will be more safety barriers- maybe even matchday lifeguards!

I expect stuff like that gets left out of the design release because it flutters up and detracts from the design work. I hope this is the case. Surprised the kopites haven't jumped on this yet!
Hopefully they will bloody jump in...

July 29, 2019, 02:45:12 AM
Reply #5008

Bally

Administrator
Yeah the fan plaza is the same size for perspective as either
ST George plateau
The pier head
The whole of the current fanzone and car park.

It's the roll I way

July 29, 2019, 02:48:17 AM
Reply #5009

Bally

Administrator
The safety barriers are already planned they are going to be higher and more robust ethan the current barriers on the pier head but similar in style so as to be sympathetic to the surrounding area, something I asked Colin Chong about during the first 2nd consultation meeting a few months ago.
I had exactly the same concerns

But...

It's the roll I way