September 19, 2019, 03:13:34 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 462800 times)

July 29, 2019, 01:56:19 PM
Reply #5010

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah the fan plaza is the same size for perspective as either
ST George plateau
The pier head
The whole of the current fanzone and car park.
Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Off topic but where the hell is St George's plaza?

My replacement bus was there the other week and I ended up swerving it because I had no idea where that was.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 29, 2019, 02:33:19 PM
Reply #5011

Alanvideo

My replacement bus was there the other week and I ended up swerving it because I had no idea where that was.
..................St.Georges  plateau is the front of St.Georges hall opposite Lime St. station
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 29, 2019, 02:47:04 PM
Reply #5012

Alanvideo

The relevant bits from today's Echo...........

In proposing to build a new ground, Everton are also keen to retain the historical aspect of the area they could be moving to.
And the club have made clear preserving and restoring a number of key areas are crucial to their plans for the future of the area.
Preserving dock wall
Everton's stadium proposals will involve draining and infilling the dock, using an established method which uses both sand and gravel.

However, innovative engineering would mean the docks walls will be preserved and, where possible, exposed so that visitors can still see the history of the area.
The stadium structure would be supported by concrete plates which would rest on piles driven into the sandstone which sits beneath the Northern Docks area.
This means the actual dock walls would be protected from the weight of the stadium structure and would remain unharmed.
The design also means that if the club were ever to move again in the distant future, the stadium could be deconstructed and Bramley-Moore could turn into a dock once more.

Hydraulic tower work
On the site of the new stadium, in what could be the north east corner of the Fan Plaza, is a historic hydraulic tower which is currently inaccessible to the public and in disrepair.
That would all change with Everton's proposals, however.
Water channel
A big factor of the World Heritage Status the site currently possesses is the Outstanding Universal Value aspect of its designation.
In turn, the connectivity of each dock is vital, and something Everton are keen to preserve.
 So, a water channel will be maintained between Bramley-Moore dock and the neighbouring Sandon Half-Tide and Nelson docks.
This would be located to the west side of the stadium, with a footbridge being proposed to link the area around the new ground with the car park located on the river side.
Public spaces
Across all public space in and around the new stadium, the club is looking to preserve as many aspects as possible.
Original features such as old gratings, paving and cobble stones, bollards, mooring posts, capstones and granite steps could also be retained, restored and included as part of the overall development.
A number of the public spaces around the stadium are designed to be flexible so community, cultural and business organisations could use them.

We are special ,we are Everton.

July 29, 2019, 03:41:16 PM
Reply #5013

Bally

Administrator
The space from St George's Hall to the empire,lime Street

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

July 31, 2019, 02:02:45 AM
Reply #5014

MarcusFenix

The relevant bits from today's Echo...........

In proposing to build a new ground, Everton are also keen to retain the historical aspect of the area they could be moving to.
And the club have made clear preserving and restoring a number of key areas are crucial to their plans for the future of the area.
Preserving dock wall
Everton's stadium proposals will involve draining and infilling the dock, using an established method which uses both sand and gravel.

However, innovative engineering would mean the docks walls will be preserved and, where possible, exposed so that visitors can still see the history of the area.
The stadium structure would be supported by concrete plates which would rest on piles driven into the sandstone which sits beneath the Northern Docks area.
This means the actual dock walls would be protected from the weight of the stadium structure and would remain unharmed.
The design also means that if the club were ever to move again in the distant future, the stadium could be deconstructed and Bramley-Moore could turn into a dock once more.

Hydraulic tower work
On the site of the new stadium, in what could be the north east corner of the Fan Plaza, is a historic hydraulic tower which is currently inaccessible to the public and in disrepair.
That would all change with Everton's proposals, however.
Water channel
A big factor of the World Heritage Status the site currently possesses is the Outstanding Universal Value aspect of its designation.
In turn, the connectivity of each dock is vital, and something Everton are keen to preserve.
 So, a water channel will be maintained between Bramley-Moore dock and the neighbouring Sandon Half-Tide and Nelson docks.
This would be located to the west side of the stadium, with a footbridge being proposed to link the area around the new ground with the car park located on the river side.
Public spaces
Across all public space in and around the new stadium, the club is looking to preserve as many aspects as possible.
Original features such as old gratings, paving and cobble stones, bollards, mooring posts, capstones and granite steps could also be retained, restored and included as part of the overall development.
A number of the public spaces around the stadium are designed to be flexible so community, cultural and business organisations could use them.

Just love this, proper buzzing, in particular the Hydraulic Tower restoration.

The mix of old and new, historic and contemporary. Will miss the old girl, but really excited about BMD.
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

July 31, 2019, 02:45:59 AM
Reply #5015

Simon Paul

Administrator
Just love this, proper buzzing, in particular the Hydraulic Tower restoration.

The mix of old and new, historic and contemporary. Will miss the old girl, but really excited about BMD.

the mad thing is, the tower is actually quite small inside, and a weird design, so nobody really knows what to do with it once it's restored!

July 31, 2019, 03:18:52 AM
Reply #5016

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
the mad thing is, the tower is actually quite small inside, and a weird design, so nobody really knows what to do with it once it's restored!
Is the siren looking for a permanent home?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 31, 2019, 03:21:15 AM
Reply #5017

Toddacelli

Programme kiosk!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 31, 2019, 03:21:54 AM
Reply #5018

Simon Paul

Administrator
Programme kiosk!

it's maybe a bit bigger than that - but not much!

July 31, 2019, 11:57:13 AM
Reply #5019

Jamokachi

Annual CL trophy display.

August 08, 2019, 02:30:30 AM
Reply #5020

Trowel

Nicely timed blog update from Dan the man to distract us from the chaos!

https://meisstudio.com/blog/2019/8/7/everton-fc-bramley-moore-dock-stadium
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

August 09, 2019, 02:26:46 AM
Reply #5021

MarcusFenix

Smallest pub in the country?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g191255-d3474781-r168966258-The_Lakeside_Inn-Southport_Merseyside_England.html
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

August 10, 2019, 04:59:10 PM
Reply #5023

Cozzie

Was in Huyton village earlier before and they had one of those peoples project trucks in the centre.

Went in and done the survey and had a go at the virtual reality tour of the ground, was decent.

August 14, 2019, 05:26:49 AM
Reply #5024

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news