July 15, 2020, 07:35:05 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 574291 times)

January 28, 2020, 03:51:32 PM
Reply #5235

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
.................I know what the official line is ,its a matter of public record and I  didn't say it wouldn't be called in .
Simon says it will be called in but makes the point about the club's consultations and the lack of local objections .These are the 'reasons' I referred to. The club have tried to cover all the bases and if the World Heritage Org. haven't objected there will be no need to call it in ,in my opinion.
Now ,having said all that ,there will probably be an announcement this week which proves me wrong. As I said ,fingers crossed.

I see.

Yeah, the act of calling in is almost automatic at this level though. I genuinely can't see any scenario where it is not called in. Genuinely.

The thing is though, the secretary of state genuinely doesn't give a shit. They want to make sure they annoy the least amount of people possible.
The work the club has already done gives the SoS all the justification to just rubber stamp the project with very little effort.

If/when it is called in, expect a generic "disappointed, but not concerned" statement from the club. Nearly everything is a pre-determined action at this point (except for how we actually pay for it, lord knows which direction we will turn with that)

January 28, 2020, 07:00:03 PM
Reply #5236

Alanvideo

I see.

Yeah, the act of calling in is almost automatic at this level though. I genuinely can't see any scenario where it is not called in. Genuinely.

The thing is though, the secretary of state genuinely doesn't give a shit. They want to make sure they annoy the least amount of people possible.
The work the club has already done gives the SoS all the justification to just rubber stamp the project with very little effort.

If/when it is called in, expect a generic "disappointed, but not concerned" statement from the club. Nearly everything is a pre-determined action at this point (except for how we actually pay for it, lord knows which direction we will turn with that)
..............very few applications are called in , an average of 8 p.a. across the country. That secenario nearly always arises from local objections or concerns .
It's my understanding that some individual or organisation has to ask or prompt the SoS to get involved. My only concern there would be the World Heritage Org./UNESCO  and I'm hoping they have already been placated ,as Colin Chong has hinted. Of course I'm making the assumption that a majority of LCC members are in favour. However, LCC have a statutory duty to inform the government of this application as it is on a WHO site.
My worry is a public enquiry would delay the opening by a year at least.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 10:31:41 PM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 28, 2020, 10:47:08 PM
Reply #5237

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
..............very few applications are called in , an average of 8 p.a. across the country. That secenario nearly always arises from local objections or concerns .
It's my understanding that some individual or organisation has to ask or prompt the SoS to get involved. My only concern there would be the World Heritage Org./UNESCO  and I'm hoping they have already been placated ,as Colin Chong has hinted. Of course I'm making the assumption that a majority of LCC members are in favour. However, LCC have a statutory duty to inform the government of this application as it is on a WHO site.
My worry is a public enquiry would delay the opening by a year at least.

yup

The reason there are "very few" applications called in, is because there are very few projects considered to be against national policy and fewer still considered nationally significant.
I'd personally argue that this was both.

January 28, 2020, 11:05:59 PM
Reply #5238

Alanvideo

yup

The reason there are "very few" applications called in, is because there are very few projects considered to be against national policy and fewer still considered nationally significant.
I'd personally argue that this was both.
...............yes I wouldn't dispute what you're saying .
Again ,trying to be optimistic ,the requirement  to refer the application to the government does not ,in my view ,mean the plans will automatically be called in. They may decide NOT to call it in (if all is favourable) thus avoiding the need for a time-consuming public enquiry. I'm pretty sure this is covered in the planning procedure.

January 29, 2020, 12:02:18 AM
Reply #5239

Simon Paul

Administrator
...............yes I wouldn't dispute what you're saying .
Again ,trying to be optimistic ,the requirement  to refer the application to the government does not ,in my view ,mean the plans will automatically be called in. They may decide NOT to call it in (if all is favourable) thus avoiding the need for a time-consuming public enquiry. I'm pretty sure this is covered in the planning procedure.
Calling in doesn't automatically result in a public inquiry though does it? it merely describes the process of government scrutinising plans which may or may not require further input from the public

A proposal or this magnitude needs to be seen to be scrutinised by government, Everton have just made it incredibly easy for them to look like they've done their job at ministerial level, because Everton have done it for them

January 29, 2020, 02:04:24 AM
Reply #5240

Alanvideo

Calling in doesn't automatically result in a public inquiry though does it? it merely describes the process of government scrutinising plans which may or may not require further input from the public

A proposal or this magnitude needs to be seen to be scrutinised by government, Everton have just made it incredibly easy for them to look like they've done their job at ministerial level, because Everton have done it for them
.............everything I've read leads me to believe a public enquiry would be held if any application was called in. However, in the scenario I outlined previously ,the SoS could scrutinise a plan ( as you said ) and decide not to call it in This is what I hope will happen because (as you also said ) Everton have done the job for them.

January 29, 2020, 03:41:17 AM
Reply #5241

74Blue

I was under the impression that the whole reasoning behind possibly the most comprehensive public consultation ever was to mitigate as far as possible the consequences of the development being called in.
This project has been completely transparent from the very start with public consultations carried out, demonstrating huge public support for the project. It's not as if the club have not given every opportunity for people to air any objections and have gone to great effort and expense in ensuring that the project is undertaken with the full support of the local and wider community.
What exactly is there to scrutinise at the expense of the taxpayer?

February 02, 2020, 01:24:59 PM
Reply #5242

Toddacelli

Somebody, somewhere will want their moment in the sun, to feel powerful and important.

Luckily, we have all the answers to all the questions already so it shouldn't take long. But it will happen.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 05, 2020, 09:47:24 PM
Reply #5243

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/plans-huge-hotel-football-fans-17694061

Plans have been submitted for a new hotel directly opposite the site of Everton's new stadium to accommodate football fans and visitors to the area. If approved by Liverpool Council, the 167-room facility will be built on Regent Road in Bramley-Moore Dock on the site of an old pub, mill and tyre repair centre on Regent Road.

Named 'Bramley Hotel', it will be run by worldwide hotel chain Accor, branded as an 'Ibis Styles' hotel, positioned just metres from the new stadium. It's set to be nine storeys high and delivered by developer Crossfield, with the design and access statement submitted alongside the application said the buildings on site currently "appear in relatively poor condition".

It added: "The brand has identified this location as a destination of choice which fits well with their brand and will therefore be a positive contributor to the local economy. The proposal will introduce uses which are wholly compatible with the councilís transformative plans for this underutilised area."

The proposals would see the current buildings on site demolished, with the hotel and 87-space multi-storey car park built in its place. It's expected to go before Liverpool Council's planning committee later this year.

Final designs for the new stadium were unveiled in December, with a detailed planning application sent to the council.

The planning statement described Bramley-Moore Dock and Ten Streets as an "underutilised area", adding: "This site is well-located within the Northern Docks, close to sustainable access options and existing and proposed commercial and leisure opportunities. The proposed hotel offering will complement the existing and anticipated uses and the wider tourism economy of Liverpool.

"The development has been designed to meet the requirements of its end operator, who recognises that there is a local requirement for hotel accommodation. The hotel will offer high quality, reasonably-priced visitor accommodation, attracting a range of guests and entirely appropriate in this location."

It added: "Tourists and leisure visitors will also benefit from hotel accommodation, and the proposal will increase the image of the northern docks as a destination in their own right. It will provide valuable supporting infrastructure for the proposed football stadium, and the wider emerging leisure offer in the area."

February 05, 2020, 09:52:42 PM
Reply #5244

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/plans-huge-hotel-football-fans-17694061

Oh man, that's awesome (from the viewpoint of someone who'd have to travel a long ways for a match). Do you think this is just the first step in an entire revitalization of that area (which to my understanding is basically nothing currently)?
Playing FM20 24/7.

February 05, 2020, 09:59:34 PM
Reply #5245

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Oh man, that's awesome (from the viewpoint of someone who'd have to travel a long ways for a match). Do you think this is just the first step in an entire revitalization of that area (which to my understanding is basically nothing currently)?

Itís already started.

We have the titanic hotel and the tobacco warehouse project just over the road.

Also have Liverpool waters which starts at the docks (the tourist part) and should connect right through to Bramley Moore when complete.

Also got various other projects going on just a few minutes away.

The ground will be the centrepiece in a whole regeneration of north Liverpool.

When all complete it should be pretty spectacular. At the moment itís nothing but derelict buildings and old warehouses. 
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 05, 2020, 10:07:55 PM
Reply #5246

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Itís already started.

We have the titanic hotel and the tobacco warehouse project just over the road.

Also have Liverpool waters which starts at the docks (the tourist part) and should connect right through to Bramley Moore when complete.

Also got various other projects going on just a few minutes away.

The ground will be the centrepiece in a whole regeneration of north Liverpool.

When all complete it should be pretty spectacular. At the moment itís nothing but derelict buildings and old warehouses.

That's so great to hear! I figure by the time I can actually get over there it'll all be done lol
Playing FM20 24/7.

February 05, 2020, 10:30:47 PM
Reply #5247

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I hope there's some proper boozers around like. I know the Bramley is still there but hate the idea of drinking in a fanzone before every game.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 05, 2020, 10:36:47 PM
Reply #5248

Alanvideo

...................this is good news but obviously subject to pp being obtained for BMD.. There is also a hotel planned for a site next to Sandhills station ,to be operated by Premier Inn  . Again its dependent on pp.

February 11, 2020, 04:57:35 PM
Reply #5249

Alanvideo

From what I read on another website it seems the BMD planning application has not yet been registered although it has been 6 weeks or so since it was submitted to LCC  .Until this happens I guess the 16 week period won't commence and neither will public consultation or viewing of detailed plans. 
Anyone know what's going on ? The LCC ref. is 20F/0001 for anyone who wants to check.