November 22, 2017, 01:38:41 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland v Everton  (Read 21720 times)

September 07, 2016, 04:16:08 PM
Reply #30

Robioto

I think we'll beat these well and allow us all to put the last week of the transfer window behind us.

Koeman will not let this team go out anything but 100% ready. Lukaku scoring for Belgium is great news, I back him to get at least his first goal of the season on Monday night.

September 07, 2016, 04:35:42 PM
Reply #31

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I'm missing this as its our first wedding anniversary, which if the Chelsea game last season which was on whilst we were getting married is anything to go by might be a good omen?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

September 07, 2016, 04:52:02 PM
Reply #32

Thornton_19

I'm missing this as its our first wedding anniversary, which if the Chelsea game last season which was on whilst we were getting married is anything to go by might be a good omen?
Pfft thats no excuse.

September 07, 2016, 06:22:42 PM
Reply #33

wilbur

I just can't get last season's game out of my mind - we have actually only played 4 league games since then. It's possible that only Baines, Barry, Lukaku, Mirallas and Barkley from the team who played then will start on Monday. That's a positive in my book.

On the plus side it finally signalled the end of Roberto's reign but we were so bad that night it was embarrassing. I didn't think I'd ever dare to show my face on the banks of the Wear again but hey ho.

Under the circumstances I would settle for a draw but I don't think Koeman will.

With Martinez it would have been hope for the best - let's see which team turns up.

With Koeman I'm just very nervous about it - that's good ain't it?

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:23:59 PM by wilbur »
“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson

September 07, 2016, 06:27:16 PM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I just can't get last season's game out of my mind - we have actually only played 4 league games since then. It's possible that only Baines, Barry, Lukaku, Mirallas and Barkley from the team who played then will start on Monday. That's a positive in my book.

On the plus side it finally signalled the end of Roberto's reign but we were so bad that night it was embarrassing. I didn't think I'd ever dare to show my face on the banks of the Wear again but hey ho.

Under the circumstances I would settle for a draw but I don't think Koeman will.

With Martinez it would have been hope for the best - let's see which team turns up.

With Koeman I'm just very nervous about it - that's good ain't it?

With that game last season, it was very much a case of both sides playing for different things.

Sunderland were playing to stay up, they had to push on. We had nothing to play for, but had to ensure we played badly enough to ensure a Sunderland victory meaning the Geordies went down.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 07, 2016, 06:41:42 PM
Reply #35

ally2

Sunderland are going to be grim. Because they are grim.

September 07, 2016, 06:41:53 PM
Reply #36

Lxxx

Koeman will have had a fortnight to plan for this game. He's pretty meticulous and changes his tactics to suit the opposition so I reckon we'll win it reasonably comfortably, providing we can break them down early on. Just can't see what they have going forward unsettling us now we look a lot stronger down the spine of the team.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:42:30 PM by Lxxx »

September 07, 2016, 06:48:28 PM
Reply #37

Bluenose 91

If Victor Anichebe scores I'm calling it a day and taking up stamp collecting.

September 08, 2016, 12:06:16 AM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

Not based remotely on ability or quality but I'm a bit pessimistic about this match. Having made a good start completely under the radar, it's our first game on TV this season, with no other games on that night, so everyone will be watching.

Moyes. Pienaar. Anichebe. Lamine Kone.

Just got one of those underwhelming Everton nights written all over it for me.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:09:58 AM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 08, 2016, 12:23:33 AM
Reply #39

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Cagey draw

Simply simply lovely

September 08, 2016, 12:28:33 AM
Reply #40

Zoolander

Genuinely think we'll give them a damn good thrashing myself

September 08, 2016, 01:00:10 AM
Reply #41

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
1-0

But to who?

September 08, 2016, 02:11:04 AM
Reply #42

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wish we were playing on Saturday.

September 08, 2016, 02:38:22 AM
Reply #43

ally2

I had a dream last night that we won this game. I can't remember any more detail than that I'm afraid.

September 08, 2016, 03:01:03 AM
Reply #44

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I had a dream last night that we won this game. I can't remember any more detail than that I'm afraid.

This was actually the first draft of Martin Luther King's speech.

It got better.