November 21, 2017, 06:58:59 AM

Author Topic: Burnley vs Everton - Sunday 22nd October  (Read 11720 times)

October 23, 2016, 02:03:29 AM
Reply #540

blue1948

Can you please tell me the difference between, sell, replace, get rid and send back ?
I don't think he meant any difference ,it was your interpretation .He wants them all gone ,simple

October 23, 2016, 02:04:51 AM
Reply #541

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Nowhere does she suggest that we should not be concerned that it came to that but I think the vast majority would agree with her that a last minute defeat is the worst possible kind and feels like more shite than conceding in the 80th minute.

October 23, 2016, 02:05:34 AM
Reply #542

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he meant any difference ,it was your interpretation .He wants them all gone ,simple
So my point exactly, no difference !

October 23, 2016, 02:06:48 AM
Reply #543

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Nice to see you have come in out of the cold whereever you have been but the thing is it shouldn't have got to that ,they should not have been in it at the last minute  so quite a pointless (but obvious ) comment really
Warm your hands and get a cuppa

erm. ok
I have to return some videotapes.

October 23, 2016, 02:08:46 AM
Reply #544

blue1948

Nowhere does she suggest that we should not be concerned that it came to that but I think the vast majority would agree with her that a last minute defeat is the worst possible kind and feels like more shite than conceding in the 80th minute.
I presume having read all the posts that was directed at my post ( just guessing !!!!) all I was saying is that the comment is so obvious it was almost stupid .By the way did you know if I don't win the lottery tonight it will be dark before morning ! ---see what I mean?

October 23, 2016, 02:25:56 AM
Reply #545

Goughie

See where you're coming from but we will probably be able to sell both Kone and Niasse,   " keep Barkley as a squad player " ? not that long ago we were worried that we might lose him for 40 million, now he's a squad player ? You don' mention Oviedo ?

I forgor about Oviedo!! That doesnt bode well fo him....sell sell sell!

I would love nothing more than to see Barkley fulfill his early potential...but at the moment and for the past 18months he's nowhere near the player he was projected to be.
Im not the best, but im in the top 1!

October 23, 2016, 02:35:45 AM
Reply #546

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I presume having read all the posts that was directed at my post ( just guessing !!!!) all I was saying is that the comment is so obvious it was almost stupid .By the way did you know if I don't win the lottery tonight it will be dark before morning ! ---see what I mean?

whats your issue with me?
I have to return some videotapes.

October 23, 2016, 03:20:08 AM
Reply #547

Everton Mint

Disappointing result today but the performance wasn't that bad.

Seems we used up our luck at City last week and so got none at all today.

Pity we didnt lose last week and win this one, but football's not like that.

October 23, 2016, 10:41:13 AM
Reply #548

blue1948

whats your issue with me?
I don't have one , it was just that the comment was obvious and seemed that you had just jumped in to the discussion

October 23, 2016, 04:12:39 PM
Reply #549

Lxxx

The arguments for and against Barkley are missing the point that he isn't what we need in that position, good games or bad.

It's the most pivotal position on the pitch for us. It's the link between attack and defence, it's the one tasked with getting in the box to support Lukaku, it needs to be the creative hub of the team, under Koeman it needs to be the first line of defence. It doesn't need to be all of the above but it needs to be some of the above. Barkley doesn't deliver on any of the above.
It's not his game to and he never has done consistently in his career to date. He had one good half a season last year and then fall away since. We can't expect him to be the player he isn't and probably never will be. It's not 'Barkley-bashing' it's just reality. It's the one area we need to spend huge on in the summer, if we're going to keep playing this system.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:39:44 PM by Lxxx »

October 24, 2016, 04:50:52 AM
Reply #550

Dixie Pele

Concerning Barkley, if he isn't performing on match day the way the powers to be think he should be then the powers to be should be looking at how he performs at Finch Farm preparing in readiness during the week for the fixture coming up. You will not be able to convince me that there are two different Barkleys, one during the week and the other on match day. If there ARE two versions of the same player then the team psychologist should be involved. He still has the talent he showed before, it needs to be determined where it goes on match days.