December 12, 2018, 01:37:27 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton  (Read 19807 times)

November 06, 2016, 01:54:06 AM
Reply #315

Simon Paul

Administrator
It will take Koeman and Moshiri 2 years to get rid of players past their best, and offload average to poor players of which we have at least 5 or 6. A big worry is someone still at the club authorized summer signings such as Valencia and Bolassie plus whoever signed Niasse and offered Gibson an extended 2 year contract. They should be called to account.

Koeman won't be here in two years

He describes Everton as a stepping stone for Lukaku, and that he's happy that is the case.  He sees Everton as a stepping stone for himself, but he'll jump ship if things aren't heading the right way.  Unlike Martinez, he will see when it's not going to work, and he'll get out quick.

November 06, 2016, 01:56:23 AM
Reply #316

everton1952

Everton boss Ronald Koeman, to BT Sport: "They played very well, I expected more from my team. It was a big difference in every aspect. 
"It was not about the system, the difference was the mentality to win the game With five defenders we control it, after 2-0 it was over.
"You have to accept sometimes n life your opponent is by far the better team.
"It is a difficult system to play against, the big difference with Chelsea is they have the winning mentality and quality on the ball. They were far too strong for Everton."
Well said, realism at last. Top 10 will be good until he has offloaded and replaced the substandard performers.

November 06, 2016, 01:58:32 AM
Reply #317

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It will take Koeman and Moshiri 2 years to get rid of players past their best, and offload average to poor players of which we have at least 5 or 6. A big worry is someone still at the club authorized summer signings such as Valencia and Bolassie plus whoever signed Niasse and offered Gibson an extended 2 year contract. They should be called to account.

For a variety of reasons, I'm doubting Koeman will be here longer than two years.

November 06, 2016, 02:01:10 AM
Reply #318

everton1952

I cannot imagine Everton would sack him. He can't go anywhere either unless he does well at Everton. Give him at least 2 years to turn things around. The terrible transfer window was not his fault.

November 06, 2016, 02:05:16 AM
Reply #319

benny

NSNO Subscriber
I've never seen worse, truely embarrassing, my west Ham mates are slagging me off that how bad we are

just remind them mate we might be bad today but we beat them so what makes there team

November 06, 2016, 02:07:42 AM
Reply #320

Simon Paul

Administrator
I cannot imagine Everton would sack him. He can't go anywhere either unless he does well at Everton. Give him at least 2 years to turn things around. The terrible transfer window was not his fault.

if he doesn't think he can fix it he'll walk. unlike Martinez, he can see the damage to his career that failing at Everton would do.

November 06, 2016, 02:13:10 AM
Reply #321

Lxxx

Why is everybody so keen on getting rid of players? Shouldn't we sign players instead to improve?

I think the two go hand in hand.

November 06, 2016, 02:14:55 AM
Reply #322

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We can't get rid till we replace

Bad day at the office.... Let's see how we bounce back from that
Simply simply lovely

November 06, 2016, 02:16:31 AM
Reply #323

Omar

Well, I'm glad I turned that off at 2 nil. JFC!
You come at the king, you best not miss.

November 06, 2016, 02:23:06 AM
Reply #324

starblood

if he doesn't think he can fix it he'll walk. unlike Martinez, he can see the damage to his career that failing at Everton would do.
If he can't fix Everton, then he ain't worth the mustard anyway. It's not like he is starting from ground zero, it doesn't need that much to get us back into gear, certainly not a major revamp.

November 06, 2016, 02:24:26 AM
Reply #325

Major Clanger

I think the two go hand in hand.

Well, obviously, but some people make it sound as if we could actually get better by getting rid of players.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 06, 2016, 02:35:12 AM
Reply #326

Ih8redshite

In my opinion I don't think I've seen us play a decent game yet. We have had flashes but overall it's been shite. Yes we have had results which shows that we are very fuckin lucky or are a half decent team that can still get results even though playing poorly. For me the whole team performance was woeful and probably the worst so far this season but we will play like this and have done in parts against lesser teams and got a result. I fucking hated Martinez after a shit two seasons but this season so far has proved that even he may have been punching with the team we have, maybe we have all been duped into thinking these group of players are better than they are. For me even though lukaku is our only hope as he's the striker, id get rid, I think he's a major issue with the system we play and I'd replace him with two half decent strikers who will put a shift in all over the pitch and not slag off or undermine the team and supporters that pay his wages.

November 06, 2016, 02:37:19 AM
Reply #327

Cozzie

Im not seeing things am I when I read people geuinely suggesting he could be sacked?

Its one game. We absolutely, categorically will not play like that every week.

Its clear we completely bomb diggied the transfew window. It was the most embarrassing in the clubs history and I am not in anyway over exaggerating there.

He said himself it will take 2 windows to get it right.

We will improve massively on 11th/47 points this season no sweat.

I do agree though, if he improves us this season which he will, then carries it on the next, some decent club will be in for him.

He is as much a stepping stone for us as we are for him.

He will take us back to in and around 5-8th this season which many of us would have taken given the last two years.

The transfer window will come back to haunt us more often this season so get used to that.

Write off this game though. People need to calm down. Reckon we will comfortably finish the season top 6.

November 06, 2016, 02:43:13 AM
Reply #328

Ih8redshite

Im not seeing things am I when I read people geuinely suggesting he could be sacked?

Its one game. We absolutely, categorically will not play like that every week.

Its clear we completely bomb diggied the transfew window. It was the most embarrassing in the clubs history and I am not in anyway over exaggerating there.

He said himself it will take 2 windows to get it right.

We will improve massively on 11th/47 points this season no sweat.

I do agree though, if he improves us this season which he will, then carries it on the next, some decent club will be in for him.

He is as much a stepping stone for us as we are for him.

He will take us back to in and around 5-8th this season which many of us would have taken given the last two years.

The transfer window will come back to haunt us more often this season so get used to that.

Write off this game though. People need to calm down. Reckon we will comfortably finish the season top 6.

I can't see us finishing top 6, dunno we're the fuck this idea come from tbh. Why do you think we will finish in top 6?? Performances this season have been shite, and a continuation on  the last two seasons, there haven't even been improvements, if Martinez would of conceded 5 goals and had one shot, not even on target for 93 mins, there would be murder

November 06, 2016, 02:44:57 AM
Reply #329

burkey17

I only observe lads so excuse me! 1st post! But like every defeat it's very raw and let's say the manner of the defeat is not acceptable! Last 3 seasons, 1-0,1-0, 3-3- but what concerns me more than ever is Si going on that Ron will walk if things don't go to plan. Don't get me wrong I'm not naive to think that himself and the comments that we're presented to us about Lukaku are about us being 'stepping stones' piss me off because although they are 'real' but for me our unacceptable!
So sorry to go on but I'm worried when Si says something because he knows!