December 10, 2018, 08:41:50 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton  (Read 19765 times)

November 06, 2016, 09:26:38 AM
Reply #345

bluenuck

Congrats on your new place mate!

And nah, not directed at you at all.

We are still 6th despite losing today.

Reckon where we are is about right, one game where we get a hamering and all of a sudden we are apparently bollocks.

We aren't. We came into the game with the second best defensive record after spurs.

Bad day at the office, ffs, why the over reaction.

It isn't really up for debate to be fair, as long as we improve on last season, but being honest, you are saying 8-10th? Who in that region is actually better than we are?

Southampton, Watford, Burnely, maybe Man United, fuck off, no chance, the league table does not lie, we are 6th because we deserve to be there, no better, no less.

Have a little faith.

I see where you're coming from, and it's not like I don't have faith. I'm not exactly saying the sky is falling by saying we'll finish 8-10.  :cheers:  But lining up the season(with players leaving for internationals, Christmas schedule with our depth players having to play, and players being injured) we don't look that good to finish 6th. But really we are splitting hairs here. I'm saying 8th, you're saying 6th. We're talking about a difference of a bad injury to Lukaku, or 2 important players going down, which might not even happen...

As for who is better? If Manure can get their act together, they're better. Who knows with S'oton, but they will be around us.

November 06, 2016, 01:31:11 PM
Reply #346

Lxxx

Today was just a reality check for those who who had aspirations of us aiming higher and possibly getting a Europa League spot. We're the 7th best team in the league, borderline 8th with Southampton who seem to be doing okay with the squad that Koeman produced and moulded into two successive top 7 finishes.
Which is where we will finish, although I can't imagine Koeman would be too chuffed if we finished below his old club though.

November 06, 2016, 02:33:09 PM
Reply #347

Rodenplav64

We never reached that level of shite last year. We always had goal threat no matter how poor the defence were.  Today we offered nothing at all. No goal threat, no commitment and worse of all no pride. This was like the time we'd qualified for the CL and went out on a 3 day bender and got our arses handed to us by Arsenal. It was like a charity match or kids versus dads game.

Ross is correct . Worse we have played in years .

November 06, 2016, 03:06:12 PM
Reply #348

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We were 6th in the league going into the weekend and 2 points outside a European place. We will be in exactly the same situation by this evening.

November 06, 2016, 03:23:48 PM
Reply #349

Trowel

Worse than the 4-0 at Anfield last season?
Or the 4-0 at Anfield in 2014?
Or the Gerrard hat trick game in 2012?
Or 3-0 at Sunderland last season?

There are loads of examples where we genuinely played worse than last night. It was poor, but sometimes the quality of the opposition's performance is the determining factor.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 06, 2016, 03:44:54 PM
Reply #350

KoemansNumberTens

Worse than when we got hammered by hull a couple of seasons ago.

November 06, 2016, 04:42:37 PM
Reply #351

Lxxx

We were 6th in the league going into the weekend and 2 points outside a European place. We will be in exactly the same situation by this evening.

You're talking as if we've narrowly lost a game of football. We just got publicly humiliated with one of the most abject performances in years. Yes Chelsea were good but we were bad, worryingly bad.

November 06, 2016, 04:55:43 PM
Reply #352

KoemansNumberTens

You're talking as if we've narrowly lost a game of football. We just got publicly humiliated with one of the most abject performances in years. Yes Chelsea were good but we were bad, worryingly bad.

I'm not sure it's much more worrying than before to be honest. Barkley, Mirallas, deulofeu, Cleverley, soon to be Barry too just aren't good enough. I think it's a fact now. It's not we are 6th positive or we got embarrassed negative. It's we need transfer windows and to shift most of our team out. Unfortunately it takes time and we'll be a work in progress for a while. Part of Martinezs legacy was to convince us that an array of nothing players (not including Barry in that he's just aging) were world beaters. 2 more windows and we'll be fine.

November 06, 2016, 04:56:26 PM
Reply #353

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Whether you lose 5-0 after being outclassed or lose by a single goal following a dubious decision it's still three points, Man U were "humiliated" by them last week and there will be many more to come this season, btw, I don't feel "humiliated" it's sport and sometimes you get thrashed in sport, sometimes you thrash others.

(Stands back and awaits a barrage of "it's a long time since we thrashed anyone :))

November 06, 2016, 05:05:17 PM
Reply #354

Lxxx

I'm not sure it's much more worrying than before to be honest. Barkley, Mirallas, deulofeu, Cleverley, soon to be Barry too just aren't good enough. I think it's a fact now. It's not we are 6th positive or we got embarrassed negative. It's we need transfer windows and to shift most of our team out. Unfortunately it takes time and we'll be a work in progress for a while. Part of Martinezs legacy was to convince us that an array of nothing players (not including Barry in that he's just aging) were world beaters. 2 more windows and we'll be fine.

Fair point. We could all see the issues against the weaker teams but against the better sides it's graphically illustrated.

November 06, 2016, 05:16:40 PM
Reply #355

Redartin

I don't know where folk are getting the impression that this game was a one off. So far we have only played three of the teams at the top. We drew against Spurs, which was fair enough, but City played us off the park, our goalie played out of his skin, and we stole a draw that day. If City had their shooting boots on that day it could have been equaling as embarrassing as yesterday.

After the Spurs draw we won 5 games in a row against teams you should be beating if you have any aspirations of competing with the big boys. Those 5 wins have put us in a falsely inflated position. Since then we have played 7 games and won just one, against West Ham. We have lost to Chelsea, Norwich, Bournmouth & Burnley, and drew with C Palace & City at home.

That is not top 5 or top 6 form and anyone who thinks it is is deluded. I've also read other deluded tripe that if Baines was playing, or if Gana was playing it would have been different. Only if they were on as well as the 11 we had.

We got ripped a new one yesterday, and should have against City so let's see how we fair in December when we are against Arsenal, a stuttering United, Leicester and worst of all them other fuckers.

November 06, 2016, 05:19:54 PM
Reply #356

minty

I don't know where folk are getting the impression that this game was a one off. So far we have only played three of the teams at the top. We drew against Spurs, which was fair enough, but City played us off the park, our goalie played out of his skin, and we stole a draw that day. If City had their shooting boots on that day it could have been equaling as embarrassing as yesterday.

After the Spurs draw we won 5 games in a row against teams you should be beating if you have any aspirations of competing with the big boys. Those 5 wins have put us in a falsely inflated position. Since then we have played 7 games and won just one, against West Ham. We have lost to Chelsea, Norwich, Bournmouth & Burnley, and drew with C Palace & City at home.

That is not top 5 or top 6 form and anyone who thinks it is is deluded. I've also read other deluded tripe that if Baines was playing, or if Gana was playing it would have been different. Only if they were on as well as the 11 we had.

We got ripped a new one yesterday, and should have against City so let's see how we fair in December when we are against Arsenal, a stuttering United, Leicester and worst of all them other fuckers.

And Spurs have been very slow starters the last couple of years so we got them at a very good time. We were as bad in the second half against Spurs as we were against City and Chelsea. We didn't get near the ball on defense and couldn't string any passes together.

I do however think it would be different if Baines was playing. Oviedo has played pretty well defensively but done very little going forward. I think we would have scored a few more goals and got a few more points if he'd been fit.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 05:22:13 PM by minty »

November 06, 2016, 05:24:21 PM
Reply #357

Rodenplav64

Worse than the 4-0 at Anfield last season?
Or the 4-0 at Anfield in 2014?
Or the Gerrard hat trick game in 2012?
Or 3-0 at Sunderland last season?

There are loads of examples where we genuinely played worse than last night. It was poor, but sometimes the quality of the opposition's performance is the determining factor.

They were bad but they came at a time when the crowd had gone against Martinez and the team had give up . I just find that effort on the back of few poor results a bit worrying . I have said all along I don't feel he will get the money he was obviously promised and that will make his ( well anyones ) job difficult .

November 06, 2016, 06:50:43 PM
Reply #358

Waltzer

Last night was terrible and I think the main issue was our lack of pace. To play that formation we needed to be higher up and compact it, but with the exception of Coleman our back 6 is woefully slow, including jags who seemed off pace, meaning we dropped and created too much room as they kept getting skinned when we pressed. Its a difficult one as Koeman clearly picked the team so has to take some of the responsibility but last  night highlights why he expected more signings in the summer. He needs a few windows to address the clear deficiencies in the squad and I still have lots of confidence in his abilities.

November 06, 2016, 07:46:57 PM
Reply #359

Macca77

We get humiliated and results all go perfect for the redshite to possibly go top, what a fucking shitty weekend