November 20, 2017, 08:23:50 AM

Author Topic: Southampton vs Everton  (Read 13028 times)

November 24, 2016, 10:28:50 PM
Reply #15

Shogun

Administrator
They are in Prague tonight. We will go there and win. European Hangover.

Thursday (Sparta Praha H 3-0 Win) - Sunday (Swansea H 1-0 Win)
Thursday (Hapoel Be'er Sheva A 0-0) - Sunday (Leicester A 0-0)
Thursday (Inter A 0-1 Loss) - Sunday (Man City A 1-1)
Thursday (Inter H 2-1 Win) - Sunday (Hull A 1-2 Loss)

Mixed results for them so far.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 24, 2016, 11:07:12 PM
Reply #16

Ross

Given the circumstances it's not to much to expect Koeman to come up with a plan to exploit their weaknesses especially after a European game tonight.

We really should be looking be win this and give us a boost for the coming fixtures.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 24, 2016, 11:13:31 PM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

Given the circumstances it's not to much to expect Koeman to come up with a plan to exploit their weaknesses especially after a European game tonight.

We really should be looking be win this and give us a boost for the coming fixtures.

It's a tough away game. I think your expectations are too high, and you're popping this comment in before the game so that you can go on the attack with Koeman after the game, if we don't win or play well.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 24, 2016, 11:27:05 PM
Reply #18

Bluenose 91

It's a tough away game. I think your expectations are too high, and you're popping this comment in before the game so that you can go on the attack with Koeman after the game, if we don't win or play well.

So obvious and boring.

November 24, 2016, 11:31:19 PM
Reply #19

Ross

They've only won 3 games all season for gods sake. They're playing a difficult away game tonight and won't be home till sometime tomorrow giving them 1 day training before Sunday. We'll be at pretty much full strength with a weeks training.

If we can't expect to do okay in this game given we've got all the advantages here when can we? I think you're just making unnecessary excuses theyve only beat Swansea and Burnley at home this season and your calling it a "tough away".

Edit.

An outrageous 3-0 win, with Big Rom getting the opener.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55356.msg1137410#new
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:01:26 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 25, 2016, 12:36:33 AM
Reply #20

Bluedylan

They've only won 3 games all season for gods sake. They're playing a difficult away game tonight and won't be home till sometime tomorrow giving them 1 day training before Sunday. We'll be at pretty much full strength with a weeks training.

If we can't expect to do okay in this game given we've got all the advantages here when can we? I think you're just making unnecessary excuses theyve only beat Swansea and Burnley at home this season and your calling it a "tough away".

Edit.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55356.msg1137410#new

I salute your editing and quoting skills.

I'm not sure the point of it though. I've gone for a highly unlikely 3-0 win (as pointed to by the word 'outrageous'), as a way of trying to make up some ground in the prediction league. I think there's probably about a 4% chance of that actually happening, but fuck it.

Come on Ross. Southampton are a good side, they've finished well above us last season, and they arguably have a better collection of players than us overall. For them to be in 11th early on whilst having a go at the EL is understandable. I reckon most teams in the league would be very happy to come away from their gaffe with anything. They'll finish in the Top 10, and maybe the Top 7/8.

I think it's legitimate to criticise Koeman partially for the Swansea and Chelsea performances, but you seem to be actively looking to have a pop at him (or anything new to the club).

He's only a few months into a new job, working with numerous players he probably wants to move on. Yes, he's still responsible for the team in that time, but I don't get why you won't cut him any slack?

You were defending someone who had us in 11th in his 3rd season a few months ago, and yet a new manager who has us in 7th after a few months can't do anything right for you. That contradiction is why I think some people say you have an agenda (although I can't speak for other people, so I'll change that to 'I think you are coming at it with an agenda').

November 25, 2016, 01:31:58 AM
Reply #21

Juanito

Sometimes we win away from home when we don't expect it. Barry back too, to give us a clue.  How we could do with a replacement for him in the summer. Someone who can pass the ball forward.

Southampton 0 - 2 Everton
                               Lukaku
                               Barkley

November 25, 2016, 01:48:12 AM
Reply #22

Ross

I salute your editing and quoting skills.

I'm not sure the point of it though. I've gone for a highly unlikely 3-0 win (as pointed to by the word 'outrageous'), as a way of trying to make up some ground in the prediction league. I think there's probably about a 4% chance of that actually happening, but fuck it.

Come on Ross. Southampton are a good side, they've finished well above us last season, and they arguably have a better collection of players than us overall. For them to be in 11th early on whilst having a go at the EL is understandable. I reckon most teams in the league would be very happy to come away from their gaffe with anything. They'll finish in the Top 10, and maybe the Top 7/8.

I think it's legitimate to criticise Koeman partially for the Swansea and Chelsea performances, but you seem to be actively looking to have a pop at him (or anything new to the club).

He's only a few months into a new job, working with numerous players he probably wants to move on. Yes, he's still responsible for the team in that time, but I don't get why you won't cut him any slack?

You were defending someone who had us in 11th in his 3rd season a few months ago, and yet a new manager who has us in 7th after a few months can't do anything right for you. That contradiction is why I think some people say you have an agenda (although I can't speak for other people, so I'll change that to 'I think you are coming at it with an agenda').

Where Southampton finished last season means next to nothing now, they did actually lose 5 home game last year and draw 3 and considering they've only won 2 at home this season I'd hardly call it a "tough" game, especially given the advantages we have over them going into Sunday.

Like I said we've had a week to prepare and Koeman knows their strengths and weaknesses inside out and better than anyone. I really wouldn't expect us to go into Sunday's game with the simple plan of hittting Lukaku or Bolasie high and early with such dominant centrebacks in decent form knowing it's actually a weakness of forward players.

It's really that simple and nothing controversial or agenda driven. I also don't think they've got a better squad than us personally, bar one or two I really wouldn't be impressed if we were after any of their players this coming January.

November 25, 2016, 02:12:14 AM
Reply #23

kramer0

Southampton have a better squad than us. Younger too.

Lukaku is the best player on either side, though. A top class striker is the main thing that eludes them (as it does most not-quite-CL-contenders). I despise so much of what Martinez did but getting Lukaku to sign here permanently was a master stroke.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 02:22:16 AM by kramer0 »

November 25, 2016, 02:12:24 AM
Reply #24

Alanvideo

Where Southampton finished last season means next to nothing now, they did actually lose 5 home game last year and draw 3 and considering they've only won 2 at home this season I'd hardly call it a "tough" game, especially given the advantages we have over them going into Sunday.

[/quote.............]Given the way we failed to turn up against Swansea I reckon Soton away is going to be a very ' tough ' game.
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 25, 2016, 02:26:42 AM
Reply #25

Shogun

Administrator
Don't think they have a better squad, mind. Ours just looks worse than it is because of the last two season's of mismanagement.

And before either of you pop up, no I can't be arsed with another Martinez debate.

November 25, 2016, 02:43:19 AM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hope we lose tbh.

Three points in the league is important like, but do we want that at the expense of someone's internet points?

Time this club got its priorities right.

November 25, 2016, 02:43:20 AM
Reply #27

Bluedylan

Personally, in a combined XI I'd go Forster, Coleman, Van Dijk, Fonte, Bertrand, Gana, Hojberg, Bolasie, Tadic, Redmond, Lukaku (4 blues out of 11). And I even think there's strong cases to put Clasie and Boufal in ahead of our lads. Fair enough, others might disagree with that.

But I'd take their squad over ours any day of the week.

November 25, 2016, 02:44:31 AM
Reply #28

Shogun

Administrator
Personally, in a combined XI I'd go Forster, Coleman, Van Dijk, Fonte, Bertrand, Gana, Hojberg, Bolasie, Tadic, Redmond, Lukaku (4 blues out of 11). And I even think there's strong cases to put Clasie and Boufal in ahead of our lads. Fair enough, others might disagree with that.

Give them a couple of years under Martinez and then compare.

November 25, 2016, 03:01:47 AM
Reply #29

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

I'm having Barry and Barkley in there most def