November 20, 2017, 10:19:31 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Manchester United  (Read 13083 times)

December 05, 2016, 03:51:44 PM
Reply #465

sam of the south

Sorry, I have had it with Bolassie, apart from a couple of cum shots he was abysmal

:shock: Really? I don't remember him doing that 💦  :shock:
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 05, 2016, 04:18:23 PM
Reply #466

Toddacelli

Whole lotta hate at the moment for our own players. Everyone's fraustrated but re-hashing over who the latest whipping-boy is (there will always be at least one, probably more), won't achieve anything.

Personally I would like to see more people offering up solutions - "instead of 'Player' we should buy 'Player' from 'Team' instead" or "this 'Player' is not suited to this formation - we should try playing him as a 'Position' instead in a 'Formation'.

I have a lot of respect for (most) people's opinions on here and I would enjoy this a lot more than the weekly slag-off fest.

But that's just an opinion. And you're entitled to your own.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 05, 2016, 04:56:08 PM
Reply #467

Bluedylan

Whole lotta hate at the moment for our own players. Everyone's fraustrated but re-hashing over who the latest whipping-boy is (there will always be at least one, probably more), won't achieve anything.

Personally I would like to see more people offering up solutions - "instead of 'Player' we should buy 'Player' from 'Team' instead" or "this 'Player' is not suited to this formation - we should try playing him as a 'Position' instead in a 'Formation'.

I have a lot of respect for (most) people's opinions on here and I would enjoy this a lot more than the weekly slag-off fest.

Ok here's a positive solutiony type comment then.

Let's fuck the 4-2-3-1 off, because it's not working with our current players. Our only no. 10 is struggling generally, our wingers aren't playing well and Rom is isolated against 2/3 defenders far too often. To play that formation successfully, you need gifted technical players in the AM strata who can keep and use the ball under pressure. At the moment, we don't have that.

We looked so much more dangerous with 2 forward players on, and we pinned Utd back.  I'm not saying we should always go 4-4-2, but we should use it as an option more often, especially at home. I still think the 3-5-2 can work for us as an option as well.

I don't rate Valencia really, but even he made us look a lot more effective yesterday by simply occupying defenders. Imagine we had another forward of real quality to play along side/just off Rom.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 05, 2016, 05:02:04 PM
Reply #468

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
No one was getting on the end of that as he walloped it unnecessarily hard.
That's true as well!

Simply simply lovely

December 05, 2016, 06:07:13 PM
Reply #469

Lxxx

Ok here's a positive solutiony type comment then.

Let's fuck the 4-2-3-1 off, because it's not working with our current players. Our only no. 10 is struggling generally, our wingers aren't playing well and Rom is isolated against 2/3 defenders far too often. To play that formation successfully, you need gifted technical players in the AM strata who can keep and use the ball under pressure. At the moment, we don't have that.

We looked so much more dangerous with 2 forward players on, and we pinned Utd back.  I'm not saying we should always go 4-4-2, but we should use it as an option more often, especially at home. I still think the 3-5-2 can work for us as an option as well.

I don't rate Valencia really, but even he made us look a lot more effective yesterday by simply occupying defenders. Imagine we had another forward of real quality to play along side/just off Rom.

Play two up top? In the Premier League? In the year 2016? Are you bonkers?!

December 05, 2016, 06:19:18 PM
Reply #470

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder what a 4-4-2 would look like if we used it against Watford

Joel

Holgate Williams Mori Baines

Deulofeu Barry Gana Mirallas

Lukaku Valencia

Being a bit of a dick towards Stek I know, and I don't see Joel as a long term solution or anything but I do think he has done well when given a chance

That right wing slot is a tough one. Geri just about gets the nod as Barkley can't play on the wing and Lennon is doing fuck all either plus Bolasie is injured
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 05, 2016, 06:26:55 PM
Reply #471

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

It's nice to have a slag fest now and again. Well, for those of us who rarely have them it is :)
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney