November 21, 2017, 08:04:25 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal  (Read 13119 times)

December 12, 2016, 12:33:47 AM
Reply #15

TheTone

The one saving grace is that Gabriel is a bit shit  so need to exploit that area, can't see us keeping a clean sheet though

December 12, 2016, 02:26:57 AM
Reply #16

ally2

Really could get messy.  However, Arsenal ARE soft and won't fanct a midweek fixture up here.  I would let go of the clever stuff.  We haven't got enough clever players.

Their full backs are quite good but centre back is weak.  I would play Kone (if fit else Valencia) with Lukaku up top as a 2 in a 4-3-1-2.  Out and out wingers will just get pushed back by them so we should play narrow and direct.  I'd play Barkley or Deleufeu in the whole behind, then drill the midfield and defence all week, and get Baines and Coleman practicing the diagonal balls into the front two.

December 12, 2016, 02:47:19 AM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Good old fashioned 0-4 coming up.

Not sure whether the play my 7 a side game or have a pint and watch us get bummed.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 12, 2016, 02:48:50 AM
Reply #18

Shogun

Administrator
Really could get messy.  However, Arsenal ARE soft and won't fanct a midweek fixture up here.  I would let go of the clever stuff.  We haven't got enough clever players.

Their full backs are quite good but centre back is weak.  I would play Kone (if fit else Valencia) with Lukaku up top as a 2 in a 4-3-1-2.  Out and out wingers will just get pushed back by them so we should play narrow and direct.  I'd play Barkley or Deleufeu in the whole behind, then drill the midfield and defence all week, and get Baines and Coleman practicing the diagonal balls into the front two.

What clever stuff?

We spend the the game hoofing it to Lukaku.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 12, 2016, 03:12:23 AM
Reply #19

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We've actually tried to remain pretty focused on attacking with the line ups all season; even on Saturday we essentially had 3 strikers at the start.

To really grind out results we could have gone for Lennon and Cleverley as the wingers with that type of selection for the CMs.

Might have been more productive results wise, mind.

December 12, 2016, 03:20:47 AM
Reply #20

ally2

What clever stuff?

We spend the the game hoofing it to Lukaku.

I mean stuff like going to a back three or trying to re invent players in new roles

December 12, 2016, 03:23:19 AM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I mean stuff like going to a back three or trying to re invent players in new roles

Well I suppose picking Kone would probably take them by surprise if nothing else...

;)

December 12, 2016, 03:58:23 AM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I feel like we're going for a counter attack set up...but we're not counter attacking.

The long balls are driving me up the fucking wall, they always have done. One of my least favourite things in football was us kicking off, going straight back to jags and lumping it up he fucking pitch...but at least back then the ball would sometimes stick.

Lumping it to lukaku is absolutely fucking pointless. He can't do that job, either that or he won't. Handing over possession again and again.

I think lack of creativity in the final third is often a symptom of a poor midfield. We don't control play well enough, we don't dominate, even against poor teams, so we're rarely in good positions to make meaningful attacks...just whipping and hoping.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 12, 2016, 04:28:17 AM
Reply #23

Zoolander

On one hand the way they play (with less sitting behind and pressing) will allow us more space and will work in our favour.
On the other hand the way we defend, we are going to get bummed .

December 12, 2016, 04:43:09 AM
Reply #24

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Another 400 mile round trip and a night in a hotel and I know now already that we are going to serve up shite, get mullered and Koeman will say , yeah, we were shit !  I sometimes have to wonder how things might of turned out differently if the old man hadn't taken me to GP when I was 6 .

December 12, 2016, 05:49:23 AM
Reply #25

Faceatthefence

Another 400 mile round trip and a night in a hotel and I know now already that we are going to serve up shite, get mullered and Koeman will say , yeah, we were shit !  I sometimes have to wonder how things might of turned out differently if the old man hadn't taken me to GP when I was 6 .
It could have been much worse,you could be across the park waving flags,drinking carlsberg and fluent in norwegian
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

December 12, 2016, 06:40:37 AM
Reply #26

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
                    Joel

Coleman Holgate Mori Oviedo

Deulofeu Gana Barry Lennon

Lukaku Valencia
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 12, 2016, 03:37:00 PM
Reply #27

MmmBlueRamirez

Four four fucking two.

You hear that Koeman?

Coleman Jags Williams Baines

Del Barry Gana Mirallas

Lukaku Valencia

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 12, 2016, 03:41:48 PM
Reply #28

ally2

4-4-2 is a three bank system isn't it?  Would be suicide against all their nippy players and their good movement. Unless we just totally sat back. 

December 12, 2016, 04:24:18 PM
Reply #29

Alanvideo

Ross Barkley must be going out of fashion. Of the 4 people who have posted a team ,not one has put Barkley in and only @ally2 has even mentioned him. I'd play Barkley behind the strikers like. i.e. hoping for two up front.
We are special ,we are Everton.