December 11, 2018, 03:32:43 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal  (Read 22574 times)

December 14, 2016, 04:35:49 PM
Reply #525

Alanvideo

Or maybe get big Dunc to do a lap with his shirt off and flexing his mussels
...................didn't know he was into shellfish  :snigger:
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 14, 2016, 04:44:40 PM
Reply #526

Bally

Administrator
I've been saying this for years but my mates just look at me and say it's up to the team to get the crowd going.

Once the crowd get hostile you get an extra 5% from every player and the opposition shrink into their shells to a degree.

Another key to beating or drawing with the better teams is taking the lead late. Not that you could plan for that.

How to achieve a hostile crowd for the Saturday afternoon games against the smaller teams then? Usually a series of bad referee decisions helps. Other than that you could have a crazy manager who incites the crowd into a frenzy.
Bring a megaphone in
It's the roll I way

December 14, 2016, 05:11:07 PM
Reply #527

Rodenplav64

Or maybe get big Dunc to do a lap with his shirt off and flexing his mussels

As stupid as this sounds I did say the other day what the fuck do we employ Ferguson for . When he wasn't injured , on the pitch he at least lifted the team . On the bench he just sits stirring into space .

December 14, 2016, 05:29:52 PM
Reply #528

Bluedylan

The obligatory Arsenal Fan TV clip, blood.

You get me, fam?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 14, 2016, 05:34:47 PM
Reply #529

everton1952

I doubt that he is paid to "just sit stirring into space". A bit insulting really, since neither you nor I have any insight of what he does on a day to day basis.  I have never seen any of the "back up men" on the bench of any club leaping up and yelling advice at the players. That usurps the manager's role, and no one does it except the manager if he is so inclined. 

December 14, 2016, 05:58:27 PM
Reply #530

Major Clanger

I doubt that he is paid to "just sit stirring into space". A bit insulting really, since neither you nor I have any insight of what he does on a day to day basis.  I have never seen any of the "back up men" on the bench of any club leaping up and yelling advice at the players. That usurps the manager's role, and no one does it except the manager if he is so inclined. 

Not to mention that only one person is allowed to stand in the technical area at any one time.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:34:52 PM by Major Clanger »
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 14, 2016, 05:58:34 PM
Reply #531

Alanvideo

................speaking of being paid to do nothing ,what is the function of that big fat copper in the helmet ? He stands by the tunnel every game and when it was ' kicking off ' at half-time he just stood staring into space .  :police:  ???
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 14, 2016, 06:05:43 PM
Reply #532

MmmblueBernard

As stupid as this sounds I did say the other day what the fuck do we employ Ferguson for . When he wasn't injured , on the pitch he at least lifted the team . On the bench he just sits stirring into space .

If it looks stupid and sounds stupid it's generally stupid.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 14, 2016, 06:15:29 PM
Reply #533

jongre123

December 14, 2016, 06:43:44 PM
Reply #534

MmmblueBernard

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 14, 2016, 06:44:57 PM
Reply #535

Bluenose 91

Boss performance that last night.

That has to be the standard now.  They've shown they can press and play with aggression.  It just needs to be done consistently.

December 14, 2016, 06:49:59 PM
Reply #536

Macca77

December 14, 2016, 07:14:10 PM
Reply #537

Rodenplav64

He might not be paid to but he does .

December 14, 2016, 07:44:08 PM
Reply #538

Rodenplav64

If it looks stupid and sounds stupid it's generally stupid.

Self assessment eh .

December 14, 2016, 10:52:51 PM
Reply #539

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
The obligatory Arsenal Fan TV clip, blood.

You get me, fam?

Is that Bodie off The Wire?
My momma says I'm special.