November 23, 2017, 01:45:13 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal  (Read 13194 times)

December 13, 2016, 12:55:25 AM
Reply #60

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
For the umpteenth time - if these young players were tearing it up in training then they'd be playing.  It was mentioned a week or two ago that Holgate's form had dropped off which is normal for young players.  Just because the first teamers are playing shite does not automatically mean that someone else will do better, just because you haven't seen them play for a while.  Why can't so many people understand that?

Because we're sick of watching James McCarthy put in the performance of a grade A shithouse everytime he plays.

I'm not one to always shout for the youngsters but I see no reason as to why Davies isn't seeing more game time.

December 13, 2016, 01:24:50 AM
Reply #61

Bluedylan

Anyway, that's my fault for bringing the young lads up again. I've made my point and it's fair enough that some agree and some disagree. I'll shut up about it now.

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 13, 2016, 01:25:16 AM
Reply #62

bluenuck

Because we're sick of watching James McCarthy put in the performance of a grade A shithouse everytime he plays.

I'm not one to always shout for the youngsters but I see no reason as to why Davies isn't seeing more game time.

And it's not like they'll do any worse. We haven't won in how many games?

At least they'll put in a good shift, and who knows? maybe, just maybe, they will bring a little life to some of the other players.

December 13, 2016, 01:32:12 AM
Reply #63

Lxxx

You know, he actually could easily be well fucking worse then cleverly or mccarthy.

Just because it doesn't match up to the nice narrative doesn't mean it can't happen.

He might be, but on the other hand he might not. If we wrap him in cotton wool we'll never know. However when you see Cleverley or McCarthy on the teamsheet you know exactly what you'll get and no-one wants to see that anymore.

December 13, 2016, 02:08:52 AM
Reply #64

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Well I don't know about you lot, but I've never felt more confident going into a game.

These are a pile of overrated shite. The manager just presided over yet another crap transfer window, with their new 30-odd million signing already injured and leaving them a bit fucked. And you just know their fans will turn against them the minute things don't go their way. I know some were saying a few weeks back that this could be their season, but we all know it'll fall apart as usual. We'll smash these useless pricks and leave them about as humiliated as when the shite knocked 4 past them a few months back.

Whoops - sorry lads. Thought I was posting on the Arsenal fans forum.

December 13, 2016, 02:10:14 AM
Reply #65

Redartin

i really really doubt he could be worse than Cleverly & McCarthy....

Schodinger's Cat
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

December 13, 2016, 03:08:24 AM
Reply #66

pedrotheblue

You know, he actually could easily be well fucking worse then cleverly or mccarthy.

The only way to find out is to give the lad a start and take a chance on him. If not when do you play your promising youngsters? At the end of the season when there's fuck all riding on it with no pressure? Or when your team is playing absolutely woeful and you've got players being picked that wouldn't look out of place in the  championship? How much worse does it have to get before any of them get a look in?

December 13, 2016, 04:08:35 AM
Reply #67

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

The only way to find out is to give the lad a start and take a chance on him. If not when do you play your promising youngsters? At the end of the season when there's fuck all riding on it with no pressure? Or when your team is playing absolutely woeful and you've got players being picked that wouldn't look out of place in the  championship? How much worse does it have to get before any of them get a look in?

But you're looking at it without much actual evidence of what the young players are like.

Managers don't just pick players for the sake of it; most young players get their debut when there are either no senior players available or they have shown enough to play, whatever the situation.

December 13, 2016, 04:53:18 AM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Put green on ffs
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 13, 2016, 02:07:47 PM
Reply #69

Ramjam

2 flogging coming up, roll on January
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

December 13, 2016, 02:53:28 PM
Reply #70

Macca77

Everton have lost 93 times to Arsenal in the league, the most defeats by one club to another in English league history

A record for us all to be proud of right there  :titanic:

December 13, 2016, 03:50:21 PM
Reply #71

hill135

This on BT or Sky Sports?

December 13, 2016, 03:50:51 PM
Reply #72

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

December 13, 2016, 04:06:38 PM
Reply #73

TheTone

Everton have lost 93 times to Arsenal in the league, the most defeats by one club to another in English league history

A record for us all to be proud of right there  :titanic:

proper grim that, no wonder I hate these so much, this next week of footie could be the death of me

December 13, 2016, 04:16:01 PM
Reply #74

Macca77

BT I think

BT so we get to hear the dulcet tones of Trevor Francis and Glenn Hoddle