November 21, 2017, 02:22:01 PM

Author Topic: Leicester v Everton  (Read 13026 times)

December 21, 2016, 04:19:47 AM
Reply #15

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah don't like him, but I thought it was a ridiculous decision tbh.

And the FA and referees are a joke in general. They almost never go back on a decision, even when it's blatantly wrong, which makes them look even worse. And then the obvious ones (like Rojo or Barkley tbf) they say 'we can't go back and re-referee the game because the ref has seen it'. They're worried about undermining the authority of the ref. Seriously? What do you think not giving a blatant red, when everyone in the world can see it does? It's all a bit of a laughing stock.

Need a citing system like in rugby
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 21, 2016, 05:15:51 AM
Reply #16

Ross

I don't see why that is true; maybe they are looking forward to it, but no reason for them to be "expecting a win." Liverpool are better than they are.

Well we've lost 5 of our last 10 games and only picked up 7 points on our travels all season while conceding almost 2 goals a game. While they've only been beaten once at home and are scoring on average 2 goals a game at home. Oh and we're playing like shite and our weaknesses are their strengths.

Anything can happen though so blind optimism may just get us through. Fingers crossed.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 21, 2016, 05:18:10 AM
Reply #17

howard1334

Well we've lost 5 of our last 10 games and only picked up 7 points on our travels all season while conceding almost 2 goals a game. While they've only been beaten once at home and are scoring on average 2 goals a game at home. Oh and we're playing like shite and our weaknesses are their strengths.

Anything can happen though so blind optimism may just get us through. Fingers crossed.

Okay. Fair enough.

December 21, 2016, 05:28:44 AM
Reply #18

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 21, 2016, 05:48:15 AM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus Ross ya killin me.

Honestly I think we'll start picking up points now.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 21, 2016, 05:50:49 AM
Reply #20

Toddacelli

Don't see why Deulofeu or Mirallas can't be part of this one.

(Cue someone telling me they're injured)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 21, 2016, 02:30:17 PM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Don't see why Deulofeu or Mirallas can't be part of this one.

(Cue someone telling me they're injured)

I think one reason might be that he's fed up with them.

It might only have been for these last two games but he clearly wanted the wide players to be ones that will work really hard, be more attentive to their defensive duties and not shirk physical battles as much.

I wouldn't be surprised if he just goes with this plan to try and grind out points / wins until we either pick up form and need a bit more guile and it's easier to accommodate one of them; or we sign someone who does the hard work and can produce the skilful stuff fairly regularly.

December 21, 2016, 04:48:36 PM
Reply #22

ally2

I can't see how we are scoring. I'm pretty much resigned to a season of mediocrity. I am looking forward to see some new signings and maybe the occasional kid thrown in, then intrigued tooi see how our style of play develops.

December 21, 2016, 05:34:04 PM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think one reason might be that he's fed up with them.

It might only have been for these last two games but he clearly wanted the wide players to be ones that will work really hard, be more attentive to their defensive duties and not shirk physical battles as much.

I wouldn't be surprised if he just goes with this plan to try and grind out points / wins until we either pick up form and need a bit more guile and it's easier to accommodate one of them; or we sign someone who does the hard work and can produce the skilful stuff fairly regularly.

Wouldn't be surprised at this at all and I think if it were me I would probably do the same until we were comfortable.

Why keep playing mirallas and deulofeu if they can't provide what we need?

Martinez used to play players based on the fact that they were good, even if they didn't work in that system and we got beat time and time again.

Play the system not the personnel, I'm fine with it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 21, 2016, 05:47:49 PM
Reply #24

Macca77

Used to love going to games Filbert Street Street, their shithouse fans were always great entertainment

December 21, 2016, 06:43:26 PM
Reply #25

Bluenose 91

Wouldn't bother me if Mirallas never appeared in a blue shirt again to be honest.  One of the most spineless footballers you're ever likely to see.

I've still got some faith in Deulofeu.

December 21, 2016, 06:45:39 PM
Reply #26

Lxxx

Wouldn't bother me if Mirallas never appeared in a blue shirt again to be honest.  One of the most spineless footballers you're ever likely to see.

Deulofeu will become a good player for a manager that doesn't demand the work ethic that Koeman wants. His role will be more of a No 10 for a mid-level Spanish club.

December 21, 2016, 06:48:35 PM
Reply #27

bacon sarnie

No mas!

December 21, 2016, 11:48:35 PM
Reply #28

everton1952

They are having a hard time and so are we. Nobody can explain their league win but they had a system that worked somehow. Another very difficult game for us, and cannot be optimistic. If we stop them playing on breakaways as they do, we should get a draw.

December 22, 2016, 05:40:27 AM
Reply #29

Toddacelli

Yeah the problem with that is that we have seen him do it on occasion - he has the quality. I just don't know why he can't produce it every time because his attitude is the one thing he can dictate.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates