November 23, 2017, 08:06:11 AM

Author Topic: Have we turned a corner? HELL YES!  (Read 4721 times)

December 13, 2009, 03:00:25 AM
Reply #15

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
That was our first away point of the season too.

No it wasn't - we beat Portsmouth and West Ham away.

Unless you mean it was the first away game that we earned 1 point from, which it was, but that's not the generally accepted meaning of the phrase!

Yes, I meant our first single point. Our first away draw.

I thought you did, I was just being a pedantic knob  ;D

deCoubertin

December 13, 2009, 03:24:34 AM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
i thought you were.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 13, 2009, 03:30:38 AM
Reply #17

Gash

Global Moderator

December 13, 2009, 04:13:56 AM
Reply #18

Endless, Nameless

Oh dear. Anyway, what a game to get our first 'away point' in. A draw at Stamford Bridge is more than any other team has managed this season.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 13, 2009, 08:01:32 AM
Reply #19

Mahoney

I think we have turned a corner. The 'dogged' Everton of last season has been evident in the last four games (Pool, Aek, Spurs and Chelsea). We are now on a three game upbeaten run. Ok not a three match winning streak...but still we are unbeaten.

I've seen another thread about the BATE game and who we might field. I am all for resting a few players, but I'd rather keep the unbeaten run going. I would love to think we could pick up wins in the next 5 games...BATE(h), Birmingham(h), Sunderland(a), Burnley (h) and Carlisle(h). What a massive confidence boaster to the supporters and sqaud would that be, plus the dream that we might get a few injured players back for Arsenal on the 9th January.
It's getting pretty serious.

December 13, 2009, 03:22:20 PM
Reply #20

Midfield General

You could feel the corner was being turned after the Liverpool and Athens games imo the peformances were so much better, we've regained that never say die spirit and now are starting to get the rub of the green too, as I've said i'm a believer in making your own luck and I think yesterday we got a bit of luck that we deserved for all our endeavours of late.

December 13, 2009, 03:59:20 PM
Reply #21

fast lane

You could feel the corner was being turned after the Liverpool and Athens games imo the peformances were so much better, we've regained that never say die spirit and now are starting to get the rub of the green too, as I've said i'm a believer in making your own luck and I think yesterday we got a bit of luck that we deserved for all our endeavours of late.

I agree, we were unlucky against the reds, so yesterday it evened itself out.

Bring on the brummies!
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 13, 2009, 04:21:46 PM
Reply #22

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
I enjoyed the result, but I must admit I thought we were a bit lucky at times.

As has been said previously when the injuries start to clear up we can judge better.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!