November 18, 2017, 04:01:02 PM

Author Topic: Hull v Everton  (Read 13973 times)

December 28, 2016, 05:30:01 PM
Reply #30

everton1952

Don't like playing anyone who has just been thrashed 3-0 at home. We will need to be very good to counter the inevitable effort to erase the City game from their minds. If it was our fans, us we would expect a reaction.

December 28, 2016, 05:42:55 PM
Reply #31

Alanvideo

Don't like playing anyone who has just been thrashed 3-0 at home. We will need to be very good to counter the inevitable effort to erase the City game from their minds. If it was our fans, us we would expect a reaction.
..............I wouldn't say they were thrashed ,they did ok till they gave away a daft penalty on 72 minutes. An own goal in the dying seconds made it look worse than it was.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 28, 2016, 06:08:44 PM
Reply #32

Redartin

Hull are on a low expected to lose.
We are on a high expected to win.
We are on TV live for all to see.
We have a new young lad still wet behind the ears who a lot think is the new Messiah.
A cold wet windy winter's night in Hull.
It is as plain as the nose on your face where this is going.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

December 28, 2016, 07:29:16 PM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't realise this was an away game. Thought we were home again as we were away Monday.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 28, 2016, 07:33:34 PM
Reply #34

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
The Arsenal game was on BT if that helps? ;)

We won on BT?!  Maybe its because I couldn't be arsed plugging the BT box back in and watched it on Kodi...
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

December 28, 2016, 11:27:17 PM
Reply #35

Rodenplav64

Hull are on a low expected to lose.
We are on a high expected to win.
We are on TV live for all to see.
We have a new young lad still wet behind the ears who a lot think is the new Messiah.
A cold wet windy winter's night in Hull.
It is as plain as the nose on your face where this is going.

Easily pleased if you are on a high .

December 29, 2016, 03:26:02 AM
Reply #36

bacon sarnie

Big game this. Don't let us down lads for fucksakes. Aye.....

December 29, 2016, 05:35:47 AM
Reply #37

Jamokachi

Not a fan of these "types" of games, fully expecting us to not turn up.

December 29, 2016, 02:47:01 PM
Reply #38

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Not a fan of these "types" of games, fully expecting us to not turn up.
Sure the PL will hand us a fine if we don't turn up  ;)

December 29, 2016, 03:35:00 PM
Reply #39

wilbur

After tomorrow we will have played every team once, including 4 of the top 6 at home and just Chelsea and Man City away.

We could really do with winning this game to give us a head start in the battle for 7th. ???
“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson

December 29, 2016, 03:58:02 PM
Reply #40

Rhys

After tomorrow we will have played every team once, including 4 of the top 6 at home and just Chelsea and Man City away.

We could really do with winning this game to give us a head start in the battle for 7th. ???

I think we will finish 7th and don't think it should be frowned upon if we do this season and it could still get us into Europe.

Nobody would say we've had a good half a season yet we are still 7th at the half way point if we win. Then look at the teams around west brom have had one of their best half as seasons they could, same with Watford. It's only Southampton who I can see being up there because you could argue they'll have been hindered by Europa league which they won't have now.

But given we had a mess from Martinez to sort out, a bad transfer window and we've played poorly for a half a season yet still in 7th it shows while there is work to do koeman has got us organised, we don't concede more than 1 goal in a game very often, hopefully bring a couple of good players in to help in January and potential chance of getting us into Europe and he's got to have a real go at winning the FA Cup. The 6 above us are all either much more settled in where they are going or have much better players so should be finishing above us right now.

December 29, 2016, 04:05:14 PM
Reply #41

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Agree with that @Rhys  Massive game on monday

December 29, 2016, 04:15:29 PM
Reply #42

Bluedylan

Looking at the Top 6 and their comparative wealth and squad strength, it's ludicrous to me that anyone would think we should be ahead of any of them, 6 months into Koeman's reign. Out of all of them, I could maybe only see Utd having a potential crisis at some point, and being potentially catchable, but even that is highly unlikely given their investment and the depth of their squad. 

I know 7th isn't that exciting for many people, but Klopp took over when the RS were 8th and 30 league games later, in a much weaker Premier League last season, they finished 8th.

I think there's plenty to look forward to for us. Hopefully we can significantly improve the squad in the next few weeks, we've got a chance to have a proper go at the FA Cup, we've got some exciting young players developing and hopefully, our style of football will gradually come together as the season progresses. Not to forget some big news on the ground move, fingers crossed.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 29, 2016, 04:20:03 PM
Reply #43

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
As a work in progress 7th this season is fine, especially given the quality of the sides above us and the amount of work that needed to be done when Koeman took over

Personally Ive probably been more frustrated with our form than I should have been. Looking forward to hopefully signing some players in Jan and a strong end to the season
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 29, 2016, 04:23:58 PM
Reply #44

Lxxx

7th is about par for us. We're the best of the rest and each year we my have to hope one of two of the genuine top 6 have a meltdown and we capitalise, otherwise where we are now is about our ceiling.

Which is why it annoys me when we screw up our only chance of any excitement and achievement in the cups every year.