November 20, 2017, 03:19:47 PM

Author Topic: Hull v Everton  (Read 14072 times)

December 29, 2016, 04:42:56 PM
Reply #45

Macca77

The table is looking how it should do really, the usual top 6 suspects are all there, then us and the rest, I'd be made up for a 7th place finish especially after the last 2 seasons

December 29, 2016, 05:06:13 PM
Reply #46

Alanvideo

The table is looking how it should do really, the usual top 6 suspects are all there, then us and the rest, I'd be made up for a 7th place finish especially after the last 2 seasons
..............because of losing at Bournemouth ,Burnley ,Watford etc. we've allowed a 7 point gap to open up to 6th place and you can only see Man Utd getting better.
So you're right,7th is the best we can hope for and maybe a good cup run.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 29, 2016, 05:58:14 PM
Reply #47

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
..............because of losing at Bournemouth ,Burnley ,Watford etc. we've allowed a 7 point gap to open up to 6th place and you can only see Man Utd getting better.
So you're right,7th is the best we can hope for and maybe a good cup run.

Add in that Utd will think they've had a poor first half to the season too and will expect to improve their points / games return in the next half if we finish 7 points off them at the end of the season we'll have played well in the second half.

December 29, 2016, 06:25:38 PM
Reply #48

howard1334

Looking at the Top 6 and their comparative wealth and squad strength, it's ludicrous to me that anyone would think we should be ahead of any of them, 6 months into Koeman's reign. Out of all of them, I could maybe only see Utd having a potential crisis at some point, and being potentially catchable, but even that is highly unlikely given their investment and the depth of their squad. 

I know 7th isn't that exciting for many people, but Klopp took over when the RS were 8th and 30 league games later, in a much weaker Premier League last season, they finished 8th.

I think there's plenty to look forward to for us. Hopefully we can significantly improve the squad in the next few weeks, we've got a chance to have a proper go at the FA Cup, we've got some exciting young players developing and hopefully, our style of football will gradually come together as the season progresses. Not to forget some big news on the ground move, fingers crossed.

Given our start to the season and Man United's stumbles, we should be 6th. Unfortunately, we have been fairly awful since mid-September. That is what is frustrating; you can't just ignore how we started and evaluate the season by looking at the table alone.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:28:33 PM by howard1334 »

December 29, 2016, 06:47:14 PM
Reply #49

Bluedylan

Given our start to the season and Man United's stumbles, we should be 6th. Unfortunately, we have been fairly awful since mid-September. That is what is frustrating; you can't just ignore how we started and evaluate the season by looking at the table alone.

Not really sure what point you're making. We're halfway into the season. Do you think we should be above Man Utd in the table? Have you seen the players on their bench? One or two of them would arguably be our best player(s).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 29, 2016, 06:54:03 PM
Reply #50

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Man Utd would be thinking the same at teams above them.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 29, 2016, 07:16:06 PM
Reply #51

Lxxx

Every club in the league, even Chelsea, will be frustrated at silly points lost. It's all relative.

December 29, 2016, 07:31:39 PM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
7th would be superb, simply because it would be a, progress and b, a return to where we SHOULD be rather than under fucking perfoming.

Need to send a message to the Southamptons, West Ham's and stokes of the league that if anyone is breaking the glass ceiling it's going to be the blues.

We'd also be back in Europe I think which would be nice.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 29, 2016, 08:00:42 PM
Reply #53

BlueNoseMike

7th would be superb, simply because it would be a, progress and b, a return to where we SHOULD be rather than under fucking perfoming.

Need to send a message to the Southamptons, West Ham's and stokes of the league that if anyone is breaking the glass ceiling it's going to be the blues.

We'd also be back in Europe I think which would be nice.

Think 7th getting Europe depends a lot on what happens in the cups. Think we'd need the two cup winners already be in europe via their league position. So we could do with United winning the league cup, and if it's not going to be us, one of arsenal, chelsea, spurs, city winning the fa cup. Just as long as Liverpool win nothing.

December 29, 2016, 09:18:56 PM
Reply #54

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Thats exactly what you're doing by saying we should be 6th though - ignoring the fact we've been badly shite for nearly 3 months.  Hull were top after 3 games - should they think they should be top now because of that?

The table at the halfway stage is a good indicator as to how you've done, as irrespective of if you've picked up points at a consistant rate or in sporadic chunks those are the points you've got.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

December 29, 2016, 09:30:23 PM
Reply #55

bigmanbob

To quote the fella who sat behind me for years and would turn up just on kick off every game smelling like Phil Mitchell, "COME ON EVERTON, THESE ARE SHIIIIIITE"usually followed by a mouthful of spit on my neck

December 29, 2016, 09:55:57 PM
Reply #56

Evertonian in NC

Yeah, I think 7th is the goal because I don't think this is really a group designed to make much of a Cup run.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 30, 2016, 02:22:09 AM
Reply #57

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The magnificent 7th

The fact were already 7th despite not playing well for a good while shows how ridiculous the shouts for bottom half are.

We are a lot better than the teams below us. Just gotta take baby steps to really challenge those above us.

December 30, 2016, 04:48:07 AM
Reply #58

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The magnificent 7th

The fact were already 7th despite not playing well for a good while shows how ridiculous the shouts for bottom half are.

We are a lot better than the teams below us. Just gotta take baby steps to really challenge those above us.

We're also immeasurably better than last year.

I think. I'm sure we are, aren't we?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 30, 2016, 05:36:05 AM
Reply #59

blueski

We finish 7th and there will be some odd cup win or double secret rule to keep us out of Europe
Nil Satis